Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Need your hopes and prayers

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need your hopes and prayers

Two horrible things happend to two people i know.

my co-worker Mike and his wife Julie where getting ready to take a vacation to LasVegas, on the plane ready to take-off, Julie became un-responsive. She is currently in a coma and diagnosed with bacterial meningitis.

Also, my instructor Mr.Warning addressed to the class that his wife has breast cancer last week, she had it a few years back and now its returned. i do not know her by name.

Please send your hopes and prayers to these poor souls, they are both wonderfull women and are partners with very kind men.

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need your hopes and prayers

You and your friends have my thoughts and prayers.

Do let us know how they are doing as you find out more.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 AM
tommygun32

You've got them from this side of the planet bro.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:54 AM
splcrazy

the human body is a flawed design , we need to be upgraded , we are prisoners of our own body . i hope they get better , i dont want to go into detail of all the crap ive gone trough with friends and family with illnesses including my self , it just brings back painfull memories .
Old 03-01-2011, 05:34 AM
The_Shark

meningitis is just scary, she was fine one moment and now in a coma, live your life people, you never know when its your time. and i don't mean destructive like drugs, alchol and wrecklessness, just be happy and take advantage of every day.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:49 AM
tommygun32

On December 12, 2009 out of the blue, totally unexpected, no warning my mother suffered a rare side effect of the BP medicine she was on. Swelled her tongue and throat to the point she couldn't breath. Oxygen deprivation for about 15 minutes and she slipped into a coma. She passed away on Christmas morning (for me here, Eve in San Diego). I'd already just lost my dad 2 months previously. I'm not going to say that I know what they're going through, but I do wish them all the best.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:20 AM
buggyboy2010

I had spinal meningitis when I was 4 years old, I spent 3+ months in the hospital, I was VERY VERY lucky to survive, Think it was about 1 in 8000 chances of survival. I don't pray but I wish them all the best of lucky and a quick recovery!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
The_Shark

i have some news, here is the full story.

on the plane, they where de-icing the wings on a already late takeoff, julie was sleeping, one of the attendants soaked the turbine so everyone had to un-board the plane so they can safely clean it, mike went to wake her and she wouldnt wake up, they then rushed to the emergancy room.

first off, thank god they didnt take off because she wouldve cooked on the way up to las vegas.

the doctors put her into a coma to reduce brain activity thus reduce swelling. this is where they found it was meningitis, by now the fever is a dangerous 106F. a couple days into treatment, her fever and infection was not clearing up well, so they went into the nasal cavity (where infection started) to do some scraping of the infected flesh and then found -a exposed piece of brain- it comes from a defect in the skull, so the brain was exposed to the nasal infection, they where then able to push the brain back up the hole and close it off with some bone.

a couple days later they wake her up, she has very little movement, and was like talking to a 2 year old, but she reconized mike, the doctors had little hope of her even being able to get out of bed.

a day later they do some tests, she is already showing improvement in mucle activity, but memories and short term memory is gone. however when asked by a nurse "do you need anything" julie replies "i have everything i need, my mike"

a cople days later she shows huge improvement is able to get around very little, showing more mucle activity and some mental recovery.

i just heard today that they are sending her HOME! she is able to walk around, write talk and everything, her memories are coming back rapidly, she is able to spell but has some issues with words, the doctors feel that she will eventually be the same person before the infection.

thank you all for your thoughts, i just thank god for all he has done, some will say its quincidence, but this is a miracle, the plane was late, then soaked and had to be un-boarded, they found the extremly rare skull defect and where able to save that piece of brain, and even just surviving the 106+ fever.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 PM
DaveG55

Glad everything is working out for your friend. Some things are just to fortuitous to be coincidence.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:13 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

I had spinal meningitis when I was 4 years old, I spent 3+ months in the hospital, I was VERY VERY lucky to survive, Think it was about 1 in 8000 chances of survival. I don't pray but I wish them all the best of lucky and a quick recovery!

I too survived spinal meningitis. I was 9 and I remember the date. November 3, 1964. I clearly remember hearing the news say that Lyndon Johnson had just won the Presidential election. That's the last thing I remember for 2 weeks when I woke from a coma. I remember my Mothers reaction to my reawakining, she apparently had not left the hospital since they took me in.

Since then I have led a very normal life and I sincerely hope it's the same result for the lady in this case.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:07 PM
lee172

spare me the religious crap, but i am genuinely glad things turned out okay.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: lee172

spare me the religious crap, but i am genuinely glad things turned out okay.
um. thanks?

you didnt have to say crap[]
Old 03-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Jgaff2

Glad things are working out. She should be very happy to be alive after what she went through.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Jgaff2

Glad things are working out. She should be very happy to be alive after what she went through.
i know, she is very lucky. thank god, julie is mikes one and only love, they never dated anyone else, and are still madly in love, after more than 30 years.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:41 PM
The_Shark

OK a update, at the company "employee apreciation" meeting i got to speek with julie, she is the exact same person as she was before, she has all her memories, all her intelligance/personality ect. and is back to work again.

she says that when she first woke up from the coma all she can remember is that she was not in controll of herself. she was acting like she was going to be paralized and retarded for the rest of her life.

this is just amazing to me, im so happy wow.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:51 AM
tommygun32

That's excellent news Shark. Thanks for the update .
Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

i have some news, here is the full story.

on the plane, they where de-icing the wings on a already late takeoff, julie was sleeping, one of the attendants soaked the turbine so everyone had to un-board the plane so they can safely clean it, mike went to wake her and she wouldnt wake up, they then rushed to the emergancy room.

first off, thank god they didnt take off because she wouldve cooked on the way up to las vegas.

the doctors put her into a coma to reduce brain activity thus reduce swelling. this is where they found it was meningitis, by now the fever is a dangerous 106F. a couple days into treatment, her fever and infection was not clearing up well, so they went into the nasal cavity (where infection started) to do some scraping of the infected flesh and then found -a exposed piece of brain- it comes from a defect in the skull, so the brain was exposed to the nasal infection, they where then able to push the brain back up the hole and close it off with some bone.

a couple days later they wake her up, she has very little movement, and was like talking to a 2 year old, but she reconized mike, the doctors had little hope of her even being able to get out of bed.

a day later they do some tests, she is already showing improvement in mucle activity, but memories and short term memory is gone. however when asked by a nurse ''do you need anything'' julie replies ''i have everything i need, my mike''

a cople days later she shows huge improvement is able to get around very little, showing more mucle activity and some mental recovery.

i just heard today that they are sending her HOME! she is able to walk around, write talk and everything, her memories are coming back rapidly, she is able to spell but has some issues with words, the doctors feel that she will eventually be the same person before the infection.

thank you all for your thoughts, i just thank god for all he has done, some will say its quincidence, but this is a miracle, the plane was late, then soaked and had to be un-boarded, they found the extremly rare skull defect and where able to save that piece of brain, and even just surviving the 106+ fever.
Sorry I am a little late, but God bless, that is a miracle my friend.
I am so happy that she is O.K.
This year has really sucked for me as well, and well I have lost some good people as well.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:21 PM
The_Shark

Mike (the husband) said her attitude has changed, when aggrivated she is more brash, i just think after surviving something like that, its life changing, you simply tell it how it is dont take crap and learn what is really important
Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
warheadforever

Yep, that is for sure, when something like that happens it changes you forever.