Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Controversial Pic of the Week

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Controversial Pic of the Week

Stumbled across this one:

and along the same vein:

Somehow I have the feeling it wouldn't be wise to make either of these pics into the background on my Desktop......
Old 03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Blkft1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Controversial Pic of the Week

Yup! And where's my fried chicken and beer,,,WOMAN!?!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:15 PM
HJJFFFAA

I bet Chuck Finley used these to get those strippers to make him sandwiches.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: Argess

Somehow I have the feeling it wouldn't be wise to make either of these pics into the background on my Desktop......

..yet it's ok to post them in a forum where they try to be family friendly? Interesting.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Argess

ORIGINAL: Eman77

..yet it's ok to post them in a forum where they try to be family friendly? Interesting.
Good point. I've made the same type of comment in other family forums when someone has gone way too far.

I didn't think these particular pics did anything more than let us laugh at how silly male chauvinism is and how far we've come over the last few decades.

But as it's not unusual for someone to misinterpret postings on the net, I'll try very hard not to post any more controversial pics.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little surprised these posts weren't removed, but on the other hand I guess seeing this stuff is a good thing. This kind of thing is easy to picture 100 or 200 years ago, but this publication only dates from around the time my parents were born.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Argess

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

I'm a little surprised these posts weren't removed, but on the other hand I guess seeing this stuff is a good thing. This kind of thing is easy to picture 100 or 200 years ago, but this publication only dates from around the time my parents were born.
Well...that was kind of the point. These pics shouldn't be controversial any more. They should be telling a tale from our past. The first pic is obviously staged, but still it looks like they were aiming for the 1950's or maybe the 1940s.

And don't forget what happened in Europe in the 1940s. All those WWII documetries on TV should be reminding us of a past we never want to see repeated.

If we go further back in time, and not a whole lot further, there was a time when women wern't allowed to vote. If pics of marching Suffragettes were posted, it shouldn't cause anyone a coniption fit any more.

We need to learn from our past so it's not repeated and worry less about what's "politically correct". We need to do the right thing more often, and we can learn the right thing from our past.

But people still see what they want when pics like this are posted. Perhaps it would be best for a Moderator to delete this thread should he/she stumble across it. It would appear that some people arn't ready for them yet.