Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

HELP! Need extermination advice.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP! Need extermination advice.

So this past friday I bought a used 99 Ford Expedition. The truck is great, rides like a dream, and is in mint condition. One problem. Its infested with roaches. The previous owner said he bombed it. I bombed it twice my self. Yeah a bunch turned up dead but they keep coming out of the ood work. I now have traps all over the truck and left roach gel underneath the carpet and around the door still frames. Every morning I find 3 -5 dead ones. Is there anything else I can do? Help I'm losing my mind over this.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
kaiser01

Default RE: HELP! Need extermination advice.

try one of those electronic, ultrasonic pest control devices. it emits a sound only bugs and rodents can hear and they will run away.
don't do it near your house though or else the roaches will invade your home.

nasty sititation though, i don't know if i could buy a vehicle that i knew had any type of infestation. good luck.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:43 AM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the local drug store and pick up a can/jar of Boracick or Borack powder.

Mix equal quantities of the powder with either powdered milk or powdered sugar. Add enough water to form a strong paste.

Roll into balls the size of a marble and drop them throughout the car in nooks, cranies and corners.

Roaches will eat this stuff and take residue back to the den. As roaches are canabalistic, when it dies from the poison, the others will eat it and die....and so on and so on.

I promise you, within a month or so you should be rid of all them.

Worked for me for a whole apartment and it's a much more environmentally friendly sollution than bombing.

I will warn you though that this should not be ingested by humans and don't throw the pellets where kids can get to them and accidentally eat them.

Good luck.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:41 AM
quietnas1

The boric acid sounds like a great idea. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. Trust me I didn't want to buy the truck but it is in mint condition and the price was hard to beat. 3900.00 ess a hell of a good price. I figured the roaches were a minor inconvenience but boy was I wrong.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
tommygun32

I hear ya. Had the infestation before in the house and at work. The method I posted worked a treat. I've used it many times when required, but I've only had to use it once.

Good luck....and do let us know how it goes.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Go to the local drug store and pick up a can/jar of Boracick or Borack powder.

Mix equal quantities of the powder with either powdered milk or powdered sugar. Add enough water to form a strong paste.

Roll into balls the size of a marble and drop them throughout the car in nooks, cranies and corners.

Roaches will eat this stuff and take residue back to the den. As roaches are canabalistic, when it dies from the poison, the others will eat it and die....and so on and so on.

I promise you, within a month or so you should be rid of all them.

Worked for me for a whole apartment and it's a much more environmentally friendly sollution than bombing.

I will warn you though that this should not be ingested by humans and don't throw the pellets where kids can get to them and accidentally eat them.

Good luck.
CUT, PASTE, KEEPING FOREVER!! [X(]
Thankfully I don't have a roach problem but I do know they arnt always easy to get rid of and Ive lived in places where they we're bad [&:]
Old 03-08-2011, 05:06 PM
The_Shark

your going to have to find someone, but you can Ozone shock the car, they use a ozone generating device that makes tons of O3, huge amounts of ozone will kill virtually any living thing and in the end, makes your car smell like new.

roaches can outlive some poisens, but not ozone.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe put 3 bombs in the car at once? You can never bomb roaches too hard... My first apartment had them. Tried a bomb in each room, didn't work... bought about 15 bombs, blew them back to hell. Never had a problem after that.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
quietnas1

Never heard of an ozone shock. Is it expensive. 3 bombs at once sounds like it will work but I don't want to end up getting sick from the poison.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:09 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just let it air out for a while afterwards. Plus, the stuff breaks down after like 3 hours and becomes non-toxic to humans, read the label.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:36 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Never heard of an ozone shock. Is it expensive. 3 bombs at once sounds like it will work but I don't want to end up getting sick from the poison.
don't know, it shouldnt be that expensive, you just need to let them know you are trying to get rid of pests not just freshen the air, so it has to be a pretty big powerfull machine.