Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Fire in hometown.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
buggyboy2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fire in hometown.

Well I live in a small community, Very tight nit, Everyone knows everyone kind of deal. We had a fire today at the local "Dollar Stop" and have some footage to share, ( I did not film it ) Also the building was pretty large single story. Sadly, Two firefighters were caught in the blaze and died, I know both of them fairly well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8pRumnn9Ik
Old 03-17-2011, 05:34 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fire in hometown.

thats terrible, my prayers go out to the families.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:49 PM
buggyboy2010

Thanks Shark, They released the names about an hour ago, And I knew both of them. One was My stepmoms brother. I know this story really seems miniscule compared to what else is going on in the world, But any loss of a human fighting for Our safety is tragic.

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 PM
calvino

Wow that's tough... I know a few firemen and every time we get a big fire out here and I hear someone got injured or killed I always pray it isn't someone I know
Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

Thanks Shark, They released the names about an hour ago, And I knew both of them. One was My stepmoms brother. I know this story really seems miniscule compared to what else is going on in the world, But any loss of a human fighting for Our safety is tragic.

when you talk about people in numbers, you forget the humanity, but if you know that someone, or live by them, or here a story about them, its alot sharper of a blow.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:48 PM
buggyboy2010

Exactly, Well said Shark, There was an update: The two men that passed went in to the building to clear out and pedestrians, Roof collapsed on them and died from their injuries.

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

when you talk about people in numbers, you forget the humanity, but if you know that someone, or live by them, or here a story about them, its alot sharper of a blow.