Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Alienware laptops

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:00 PM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alienware laptops

what's the best alien ware laptop today followed by second best and what website to buy from that sells world wide . I want to get one mostly for home use but I still want the best performance and looks of the machine
Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 PM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: Alienware laptops

How about this?

http://www.dell.com/au/p/alienware-m11x/pd

http://www.dell.com/au/p/alienware-m...~ck=dellSearch
Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 PM
buggyboy2010

From personal experience.. Don't buy Alienware..They are WAY overpriced and poorly made for the price You pay, I've had both desktop and laptop, 2 laptops actually from Alienware, All of them were terrible. Your best bet would be to get the Dell XPS latptops, I've used one many times and it is by far better then the alienwares.

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/xps-l702x/pd
Old 03-22-2011, 11:13 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

From personal experience.. Don't buy Alienware..They are WAY overpriced and poorly made for the price You pay, I've had both desktop and laptop, 2 laptops actually from Alienware, All of them were terrible. Your best bet would be to get the Dell XPS latptops, I've used one many times and it is by far better then the alienwares.

terrible in what way ? i like them because of the back lit keyboard , i know its overpriced , but most say they are strongly built and very portable , cos i dont want to buy a crappy netbook. if i could have a tiny powerfull notebook the size of a netbook thats got a backlit keyboard i want it
Old 03-22-2011, 11:19 PM
splcrazy

that $1500 is more of my price range , but the other is tempting also , i think im gonna sell my FG MT and along with some of my tax return ill be buying an alien ware soon
Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 AM
DarkFire989

I own one. I love it. Watch out for dell deals. I reccomend waiting for a deal to come along on their outlet store for like 25% off. They are refurbished but they are pretty much brand new, thats what my friend did for his, its more powerful than mine and it was WAY cheaper. About 500$ less. We both own a M15x. Great laptop.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:51 AM
elven wizard

I owned a Alienware Area-51 m9750 laptop at the time when Alienware was getting a lot of bad reviews. It had the 17.1 inch, 16:10, 1920x1200 pixels
display. SLI Go 7950 GTX and I have to say it was a great laptop. I felt it was worth the money. It was even better than my DELL XPS M1710. The screen on the Alienware seemed clearer and more detailed especially when it came to gaming and they were both 1920x1200 pixels. The new Alienware laptop's look really good I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:11 AM
DarkFire989

I should clarify I have the M15x R2. (Revision 2) Wait for Revision 3 to come out. They will be a helluva lot faster.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:10 AM
buggyboy2010

Just poorly built, Bad customer service Etc.,

But I do not get Your reasoning, You want to spend 1500$ just because it has a backlit keyboard? And You don't want a crappy netbook? For 1500$ You can get ANY sort of laptop.. lol.. Alright then..

I must have got mine when they were all lemons!

They might look good yes, Not a good excuse though, Just poor quality for the price.

Edit:I came in here a few years ago telling everyone about the Aurora Alienware desktop I got, All I was told is that they are junk and overpriced, And they were right, SO where are all thoes who told Me that? Hmmmm? lol..

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

terrible in what way ? i like them because of the back lit keyboard , i know its overpriced , but most say they are strongly built and very portable , cos i dont want to buy a crappy netbook. if i could have a tiny powerfull notebook the size of a netbook thats got a backlit keyboard i want it
Old 03-23-2011, 01:59 PM
splcrazy

I think the basic laptops dell make look really cheap and very ugly looking and I would never in my life time buy one , but I would get their alienware version
Old 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
DarkFire989

If you are going to play video games and dont want a desktop. Go for it. But if you are not going to game, dont bother.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
buggyboy2010

Ya sure, Your money.

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

I think the basic laptops dell make look really cheap and very ugly looking and I would never in my life time buy one , but I would get their alienware version