Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Quick PC help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:48 PM
buggyboy2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick PC help.

In the "My Documents" file, In the bottom left hand corner it says "8 objects (plus 1 hidden)" How do I veiw this hidden object? Or what does it mean?

FYI: Using Win XP.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Nik.

Default RE: Quick PC help.

they are hidden system files that you shouldn't mess with if you don't know what they do. That one probably stores information about and how the other objects on that folder are displayed.

You can enable so they are visible like other files and folders, but you should leave them alone
Old 03-26-2011, 05:00 PM
buggyboy2010

Ahh, I kinda had a thought that might be it. The thnig is I'm running a 5yr old dell with a 10gig hard drive and with XP and all other necessary software/programs all I have it around 4-5gigs to play with so I did want some useless junk filling up My HD.

But thanks a lot Nik!

ORIGINAL: Nik.

they are hidden system files that you shouldn't mess with if you don't know what they do. That one probably stores information about and how the other objects on that folder are displayed.

You can enable so they are visible like other files and folders, but you should leave them alone
Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the case of your My Documents folder, it is likely a harmless configuration file, perhaps for an image viewer like Picasa.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably a thumbs file (thumbnail config). If you delete the file its attached to, it will also go away.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:52 PM
buggyboy2010

That's exactly what it was, I deleted a random useless file I had in there and it was gone, Thanks for the help guys!

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Probably a thumbs file (thumbnail config). If you delete the file its attached to, it will also go away.