Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:38 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question?

are yall apartment dwellers? seems like it to me.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Default RE: question?

I'm 25 and own my 2,013 sq. ft. house....
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MODEL AVIATION!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MODEL AVIATION!!!
Just as well as this is the Off Topic Forum for Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more.

House owner here.
Quiet little street (when I'm not in the shed), 2 driveways, 3 sheds, big yard, no neighbours over the back fence and retirement home across the road.
5 min walk to the beach.

I'd go nuts in an apartment.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:09 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: poprocker17

Why does it seem like it?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:27 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a home owner also. Weird question...
Old 03-30-2011, 09:35 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

i actually still live at home.  i can't find a job that would allow me to afford California's insane real estate prices.  pretty bad when you can buy cheaper than you can rent each month
Old 03-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: poprocker17

Why does it seem like it?
Spoken like a true renter. BUSTED!

(just funnin'...!)
Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Dwellers is a funny word. Makes me think of something that lives at the bottom of a cave or something.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
electricrc68
Banned

riority="2">
riority="2">Dictionary definition of Dwell and Dweller.
riority="2">
dwell
r="US"> |dwel|
s="1">verb riority="2">( past and past part. dwelled or dwelt r="US">|dwelt|)riority="2"> [ intrans. ]
riority="2">[with adverbial of place riority="2">formal live in or at a specified place riority="2">groups of gypsies still dwell in these caves.( dwell on/upon) think, speak, or write at length about (a particular subject, esp. one that is a source of unhappiness, anxiety, or dissatisfaction) riority="2">I've got better things to do than dwell on the past.riority="2">• ( dwell on/upon) (of one's eyes or attention) linger on (a particular object or place) riority="2">she let her eyes dwell on them for a moment.s="1">noun riority="2">technicala slight regular pause in the motion of a machine.DERIVATIVESdweller noun riority="2">[in combination riority="2">city-dwellers.riority="2">ORIGIN Old English dwellan [lead astray, hinder, delay] (in Middle English [tarry, remain in a place] ), of Germanic origin; related toMiddle Dutch dwellen stun, perplex’ and Old Norse dvelja ‘delay,tarrystay.’
Old 03-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Nonononono.
You're wrong.

The dwell angle is the number of degrees of rotation of the cam/distributor during which the points are closed.
During each rotation of the cam/distributor, the points must open and close once for each cylinder.
The points must stay closed long enough to allow the coil primary current to reach an acceptable value, and open long enough to discharge and produce a spark.

As the crankshaft rotates and pistons go through their cycles, the distributor's function is to precisely control the timing of the spark.
Each cylinder's spark must occur at a precise time during the rotation of the engine.
The distributor is driven off a gear on a camshaft or an idler pulley in the timing chain, such that it rotates at half the speed of the crankshaft.
The drive method is dependant on engine manufacturers.
The engine makes two complete revolutions in the same time that the distributor makes one 360 degree revolution.

Also

Dwell is an American magazine devoted to modern architecture and design.

It was launched in September 2000 by mail-order heiress Lara Hedberg Deam with architecture and design critic Karrie Jacobs as its editor-in-chief.
In August 2002 Jacobs left the magazine and was replaced by senior editor Allison Arieff.
Arieff subsequently resigned in August 2006, citing a "fundamental change in the magazine's mission and philosophy" as her reason for leaving.
The current editor-in-chief is Sam Grawe.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
DaveG55

Owned my own home for 25+ years. The one I live in now we built new 12 years ago and is 3 levels and about 4k sq ft. The last time we lived in an apt was when we built this house. Our old home sold before this one was completed and we had to put most of our stuff in storage and rent an apt for 3 months. It was three months in hell.
We also own a small lake house about an hour away.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:57 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Renting a condo.

What now?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:57 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher

Nonononono.
You're wrong.

The dwell angle is the number of degrees of rotation of the cam/distributor during which the points are closed.
During each rotation of the cam/distributor, the points must open and close once for each cylinder.
The points must stay closed long enough to allow the coil primary current to reach an acceptable value, and open long enough to discharge and produce a spark.

As the crankshaft rotates and pistons go through their cycles, the distributor's function is to precisely control the timing of the spark.
Each cylinder's spark must occur at a precise time during the rotation of the engine.
The distributor is driven off a gear on a camshaft or an idler pulley in the timing chain, such that it rotates at half the speed of the crankshaft.
The engine makes two complete revolutions in the same time that the distributor makes one 360 degree revolution.

Also

It was launched in September 2000 by mail-order heiress Lara Hedberg Deam with architecture and design critic Karrie Jacobs as its editor-in-chief.
In August 2002 Jacobs left the magazine and was replaced by senior editor Allison Arieff.
Arieff subsequently resigned in August 2006, citing a "fundamental change in the magazine's mission and philosophy" as her reason for leaving.

now i know the engine dwell and maybe i should pick up the magazine dwell!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whenever I hear dwell, I always think of paintball dwell... from my paintball days.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:33 PM
electricrc68
Banned

whenever i hear dwell, i think of cavemen.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:01 PM
[email protected]

own my home been in it for 12 years now. We have out grown this home like 7 years ago but because the housing was crazy, For a 1800 sq ft home with 1/2 acre in a good area was $300k and property taxes were like 8k a year I was like can't do because If one of us goes out of work we would lose the home. So I put some money into the house and now the homes lost about 25k or 30k on my block. If I sold it I would still make some good money but I think if I hold out and rent it out I would be better off. Like my mortgage is less then $800 month cheaper then rent.

So my game plan is to sit here for another year pay all debt save as much as I can and buy a new home with 20% down on a short sale or foreclosure home and rent this out. I think homes will start coming down another 20% to 40% by 2012 or 2013 will be bottom.

So how many people have lost money in their homes or under water. I know a few people and feel bad for them in a way cause they believed the hype and the crap lies the brokers told them. when they ran the numbers for me and the wife and what they thought we could afford I was like not if we want to eat and live and not be slaves to our home. I even asked dude what if me or the wife lose our jobs then what? this cracked me what he said, just refinance and take some equity. No wonder the country is in such bad shape now.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM
DaveG55

My home is up about 50k from what I paid, unfortunatly it's also down about 40k from a few years ago. Oh well, we don't plan on moving any time soon. Now the lake house, which is paid for in about a year or so, has doubled in value from what I paid 9 years ago.

And, yes, I lost my job about 4 years ago now. We made it through by trimming all our expenses to the minimum. I also went back to school full time and worked every part time, piece work, and odd job I could find. Back to work about 3/4 time now in a new career and making pretty good money. But almost as important, I'm really enjoying this new line of work.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:25 AM
FahrtAutoRC

I just bought mine recently, it was a forclosure and i did the work and made it very liveable. $14,900 for 2013 sq ft, 3 floors, 5 bedrm, 2 bath, full basement and i am planning on turning my small backyard into a giant garage hehe

Notice this tho, he posted the question expecting to stir up ish, got nothing like that and hasnt been back hahaha
Old 04-19-2011, 06:21 PM
rccheech

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher

Nonononono.
You're wrong.

Also

Arieff subsequently resigned in August 2006, citing a ''fundamental change in the magazine's mission and philosophy'' as her reason for leaving.

Now that is something I havent seen in a while, at work we were talking about this today, things were so much simpler back then, now without a scan tool your pretty much screwed, although I did replace a set of points and set dwell on a volkwagen beetle last summer, actually broke out the dwell meter. Had a semi auto trans too!! The younger guy there said wheres the clutch pedal???...funny!!

Oh!! And I own a house......well the bank does actually lol!!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

I just bought mine recently, it was a forclosure and i did the work and made it very liveable. $14,900 for 2013 sq ft, 3 floors, 5 bedrm, 2 bath, full basement and i am planning on turning my small backyard into a giant garage hehe

Notice this tho, he posted the question expecting to stir up ish, got nothing like that and hasnt been back hahaha

15 grand for a 5-2 house

name on deed here... 2700sq.ft on 9 acres...... definetely wasnt only 15 grand though lol

Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also own.