Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Traffic Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:26 AM
J.D.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Cameras

These rotten friggin things are going up here in my town as we speak, the city council claims its for public safety but in reality its a fund raiser, they want everyone to feel good about it and claim since its issued by a camera it is not a moving violation and is not reported to insurance companies or the DOT, well thats fine and good but $80 a pop is pretty steep IMO. The funny thing is the state legislature is trying to limit the amounts they can charge making it less attractive to cities to install them, sure wish they would have got it done this session so we didn't have to deal with this crap.
Here in iowa several cities are allready using them, one guy who's son was driving and another guy who got a ticket when a auto mechanic was driving his car are trying to get a class action lawsuit going as not only do these cameras not give someone a chance to face their accuser but it also punishes innocent automobile owners rather than neglegent drivers. I gotta get a copy of the city council vote, I don't usally get involved in political groups and such but the stupid commy people that voted for this are going to face a bit more resistance next time there is an election thats for sure.

Anyone else have traffic cams?

If not contact you state reps and senators now and tell them its an invasion of your privacy and you are opposed.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Default RE: Traffic Cameras

They have had them out here for years.... They work just fine and dont do anything unless you break the law which you shouldnt be doing anyways.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg
They work just fine and dont do anything unless you break the law which you shouldnt be doing anyways.
+1
Old 05-05-2011, 11:56 AM
DarkFire989

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

Anyone else have traffic cams?

If not contact you state reps and senators now and tell them its an invasion of your privacy and you are opposed.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:06 PM
J.D.T

well there are at least two cases where it did not in fact work, I can only be responsible for my own actions, if someone else breaks the law in my car or truck they are the neglegent ones and need to pay not me.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:07 PM
The Hedgehog

Do you let strangers borrow your car or truck?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deal with it. Don't run red lights and you wont have a problem. A traffic light is not an invasion of your privacy... I dont even understand how you could think that it is. Are security cameras in supermarkets an invasion of your privacy?

Besides, you can get those tickets deferred very easily anyways... they are more of a citation than anything.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:19 PM
DarkFire989

Calm down you Pansie, its called don't speed. Is it that difficult?

/Thread
Old 05-05-2011, 12:21 PM
The Hedgehog

Old 05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
J.D.T

no but six people have keys to my dually for towing and hauling needs. Including my grandpa who would be quite pissed if I asked him for $80 to cover a ticket.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

/Thread
Hey, your 4chan is showing. Stop it.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
J.D.T

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Deal with it. Don't run red lights and you wont have a problem. A traffic light is not an invasion of your privacy... I dont even understand how you could think that it is. Are security cameras in supermarkets an invasion of your privacy?

Besides, you can get those tickets deferred very easily anyways... they are more of a citation than anything.
Like I said, I can only control me yet I am somehow resposible for the actions of others?
It is indeed an invasion of my privacy as this could easily be used to track movements as well as establish patterns of movement including but not limited to what times I am moving around, where I am moving around to and what I am hauling or not hauling.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

Like I said, I can only control me yet I am somehow resposible for the actions of others?
It is indeed an invasion of my privacy as this could easily be used to track movements as well as establish patterns of movement including but not limited to what times I am moving around, where I am moving around to and what I am hauling or not hauling.
The camera does not take video, all it does is take a still shot if you run a red light. As there is no database designed to track your movements with red light cams, it doesn't quite fall into the category of invasion. If you have an iPhone, an Android phone, or a TomTom... your movements have already been tracked, cataloged, and stored on servers in other countries.

I dont see you freaking out about the traffic cams that have been up for 30 years... recording the same thing, but in VIDEO.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
J.D.T

ours are video, the company gave a presentation to the city council to get the business/rights, they let you watch your ticket and everything, gotta admit its pretty slick, I would not oppose the system as much if it notified an office at the time of violation so the correct party is punished. Its not like I plan on running red lights and speeding and my kids are little so I don't really have much to worry about other than the actions of grown ups who may on occasion drive my stuff, most of them are responsible enough but at least one is a 20 mph driving "ain't got time for that" type of driver. You know that 45 mph minimum on the interstate, finally got a ticket after the same state trooper pulled him over three times the same week. He kinda views red lights, stop and yield signs as well as most road signage in general as suggestions. Here in iowa when you get so old you can only have a two year license, heres to hoping he don't pass the vision test next january.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
lee172

I'm all for concentration first, speed second.

That doesnt mean i drive around at warp speed though..
Old 05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
DarkFire989

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

/Thread
Hey, your 4chan is showing. Stop it.
I dont use 4chan.....
Old 05-05-2011, 03:02 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

The other day I drove past a traffic camera and saw it flash. I couldn’t believe I had been caught speeding when I know I was driving below the speed limit for once! I turned around and drove past the damn thing again, this time even slower. But as I passed the camera, it flashed again. I got mad and turned around again and this time drove past at a snail’s pace. But again, the camera flashed. “Oh, well,” I thought. “It must be broken.” and drove home. A week later, I received three tickets in the mail for not wearing my seatbelt !!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:57 PM
The Hedgehog

Honestly the fact that you can lend out your car to people you cannot be responsible for in itself is just wrong. Especially grumpy old grandpa.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:01 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Old 05-05-2011, 04:08 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Old 05-05-2011, 04:12 PM
The Hedgehog

Wow huge fail there buddy....
Old 05-05-2011, 04:21 PM
eddieC

I agree it's just another way for the lazy-*****es in gov't to create revenue. Smaller government is the answer, not more creative ways to get fines. Those in favor of this type of 'enforcement' are part of the problem.

Get the law and cameras removed, and send those legislators packin' while you're at it! []

Old 05-05-2011, 04:31 PM
The Hedgehog

Why don't we get rid of police while we are at is so everyone can break the law and not be held responsible?
Is drunk driving just a scam for the government to get revenue?

In retrospect to Mr. Helicopter over here, I think people against this are part of the problem, because they wish to get away with breaking the law without getting caught.
And by all means let's talk politics, it's not like that isn't allowed at RCU at all.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 PM
proanti1

And this years fail goes to...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.