Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Taking a little trip....

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 03:50 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking a little trip....

Hey next week my fiancee and I are going to Dearborn, Mi to see the Henry Ford Museum and then the next day take a tour of the Rouge Plant. We are really looking forward to going but i was wondering if anyone here has been there. How big is it? What should i look for? etc etc.

Also wondering where a place very close by would be for dinner that night, we will be there early next week and staying in Greenfield Village. Not looking for fancy food, just one of those places that is like "Wow man they have the best pizza in the COUNTRY!!!" or "You HAVE to try the burgers there!", ya know? Not trying to spend an arm and a leg on afive star restraunt. This whole thing is just kinda going to be our budget nerd trip.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 AM
electricrc68
Banned

Default RE: Taking a little trip....

i love nerd trips why not try the Automotive Hall of Fame since you guys seem to like cars? never been there but i just heard it was neat.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:14 AM
J.D.T

If your that big of a car dude you probably like racing, don't forget

The Roush Automotive Collection
11851 Market Street
Livonia, MI 48150

Monday through Friday 9:30am – 3:30pm
Please call ahead 734-779-7290
Tours By Appointment Only

There is a store there to, not just t shirts and junky stuff, my buddy got a Dewalt hood off one of MK's old cars. He said they had whole front clips and everything but he was scared to ask the price, I was scared just to ask about the hood LOL.

Livonia is another suburb of Detroit, actually closer to Dearbon than Detroit if I remember right, one big mass of like 50 cities up there.

Can't help much on the food, last time I was there was for the 100 b day party in 03. I was "on business" and had a per diem so half the places I ate are probably gone in this economy.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:54 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Actually the only reacing i really like are the off road trucks, TORC, Lucas oil, and motocross, etc. Basically goin fast in the dirt. We may check that out, may not. depends on time and boredom while we are there!

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

If your that big of a car dude you probably like racing, don't forget

The Roush Automotive Collection
11851 Market Street
Livonia, MI 48150

Monday through Friday 9:30am – 3:30pm
Please call ahead 734-779-7290
Tours By Appointment Only

There is a store there to, not just t shirts and junky stuff, my buddy got a Dewalt hood off one of MK's old cars. He said they had whole front clips and everything but he was scared to ask the price, I was scared just to ask about the hood LOL.

Livonia is another suburb of Detroit, actually closer to Dearbon than Detroit if I remember right, one big mass of like 50 cities up there.

Can't help much on the food, last time I was there was for the 100 b day party in 03. I was "on business" and had a per diem so half the places I ate are probably gone in this economy.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:07 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Leaving in twenty minutes after I shower and shave! Will return with pics!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Oh right..... when I saw the thread title I thought.....