Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Forza 4!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forza 4!

Forza 4 has some pretty sweet features! Discuss :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xZHnCZlS0&feature=player_embedded#at=251[/youtube]
Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Forza 4!

The more time passes, the less I seem to like racing games. Nothing against the Forza series, or any racing game for that matter, maybe I'm just getting old. (?)

Over all the years I've been gaming, there were only 3 racing games I ever put significant time into:

1. Pole Position on the Atari 2600. Maybe because it was the first game I owned for the system, or maybe because I actually liked it, I played this game a lot. Things were different back then, game sessions tended to measure in minutes rather than hours, so it's hard to say exactly how much time I put into it, especially since it was over 25 years ago.

2. Indianapolis 500: The Simulation on PC. This game came free with my first sound card. I don't know if I ever actually completed a race, in fact all I remember doing in this game was driving around backwards and trying to cause massive crashes.

3. Sega GT 2002 on Xbox. Like Pole Position, it was the first game I owned for the system, and like the Indy game it came with something else, in this case being the Xbox itself. One of the things I loved most about the game was the unique vehicles. And by unique I mean bizarre or "never even heard of."

I do own all 3 of the previous Forza titles, but I just never played them very much.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sega GT on Xbox remains one of the greatest racing games ever made.

I haven't even bought GT5. Go figure.

Recently I enjoyed the DiRT series
Old 06-12-2011, 06:26 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, Dirt is pretty great. GT5 sucked... a bunch of hype for nothing. Its a pain in the ass to do anything in that game, its pretty much like they removed options from GT4, then polished up the graphics a little.

Forza still remains my favorite games. I just cant play it on ps3.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:00 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Sega GT on Xbox remains one of the greatest racing games ever made.

I haven't even bought GT5. Go figure.

Recently I enjoyed the DiRT series
I think we've talked about Sega GT before, Foxy. It rings a bell anyway. So few people have heard about it, despite it being a pack-in for at least 6 months on the original Xbox. I have both that version (with JSRF) and the later "Online" enhanced version.

No damage modeling in the game, but on the other hand there are maintenance issues to contend with in the game. In career mode, if you don't replace your tires (or if you buy cheap parts) you're going to run into problems. I've never seen that in any other game, all the other ones I've played assume you have fresh tires at the start of every race and nothing ever breaks unless you crash.

I used to like to put a cheap exhaust on the Subaru XT, and drive it until it fell off. Then it would look and sound just like the one my friend drove years ago, noisy and with smoke coming from underneath the car. I'll take that uniqueness over detailed damage modeling any day.