Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

RIP Bob the Bull Snake

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 AM
OIF/OEFrc13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIP Bob the Bull Snake

So my wife decided she would mow the lawn here at the family farm after she got back from her morning run. Well she just came in and informed me that she "accidentally" managed to run over Bob, a resident Bull Snake, with the lawn mower. Bob has been hanging around the farm for a while now and is exceptionally well mannered for a Bull Snake. He usually allows himself to be handled if approached with caution, although he did bite me once for stepping on him (fair enough). I'm not particularly fond of snakes, but I guess I did grow kinda fond of him after he kept showing up around the farm, even though he usually scares the bejeebers outta me when I first spot him. She says she didn't see him, but I'm skeptical about that since he's three feet long, and not likely to be stationary in the vicinity of the mower. I suspect she may have seen him slithering through the grass and ran him down. I did pick him up and try to scare her with him the other day, but she wasn't scared of snakes when we were in high school and still isn't, though I couldn't resist another shot. I didn't think she would have been pissed enough to purposely run him over. I guess she kinda apologized at least. I'm actually genuinely depressed a bit about the whole deal. I'm in one of my sleepless spells now so I guess that might be why. I guess it's just gonna be one of those days...
Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 AM
electricrc68
Banned

Default RE: RIP Bob the Bull Snake

Bob, i wish you well.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:55 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I once ran a rabbit over with a brush hog. I had to buy new shoes after that...
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a fun retrospective on local legend from over 30 years ago: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi..._yorks_es.html

It happened a year before I was even born, but people were still talking about Big Sid well into my childhood.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:29 AM
OIF/OEFrc13

That was an interesting article. I probably wouldn't have latched onto a 20 foot constrictor! I buried Bob yesterday before it got too hot. The cat got some of him though. Rotten cat.