Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

nightvision & digital monoculars & highpower binos

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 02:34 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nightvision & digital monoculars & highpower binos

i have become addicted to the night skies lol buying up a yukon digital 5x50 night vision monocular for $280 , and a non digital yukon 5x60 gen1 green tube night vision monocular for $395 .
and also 3 high quality regular binoculars , 1st is a leupold 10x42 wich cost me $345 , 2nd is a sakura 20x180x100 cost $70 , 3rd is the most powerfull bino i have ever encountered is a bresser 40x480x70 an absolute monster of a bino which i just got off ebay today for a bargain price of $65 lol after the seller was selling too many he changed the listing and jacked up the price lol

anyone else here into watching the skies ? think my next purchase is going to be a nice massive backyard telescope .
Old 08-28-2011, 06:34 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: nightvision & digital monoculars & highpower binos

I used to have telescopes and stuff, I had a Celestron auto-track when I was going through high school. Now most of my optics are rifle scopes.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 PM
splcrazy

I just got email from customs australia that import on night vision equipment has been lifted so it's now legal to buy from anywhere like USA to bad amazon doesn't ship the damn night vision binoculars that I want , they only ship within USA , damn I hate it when amazon does that
Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 PM
tommygun32

Maybe something LB could help you out with...[&:]??
Old 08-29-2011, 06:13 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

I just got email from customs australia that import on night vision equipment has been lifted so it's now legal to buy from anywhere like USA to bad amazon doesn't ship the damn night vision binoculars that I want , they only ship within USA , damn I hate it when amazon does that
You dont have a friend over here who could send you the stuff?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:56 PM
splcrazy

it's retarded I contacted australian customs about buying night vision binoculars from website and custom said there is no restriction so do whatever you want , then the damn website said they need and I need a permit to import it by post , that was true like 2 years ago but now they cancelled that law and we can do it , but the website is still thinking old skool
Old 08-29-2011, 01:58 PM
splcrazy

it's retarded I contacted australian customs about buying night vision binoculars from website and custom said there is no restriction so do whatever you want , then the damn website said they need and I need a permit to import it by post , that was true like 2 years ago but now they cancelled that law and we can do it , but the website is still thinking old skool
Old 08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

I cant understand why anyone would need a permit for monoculars...? Are you going to blind someone with the glare off the lens? (joking of course)
Old 08-29-2011, 07:46 PM
splcrazy

I dunno man thers still alot of USA websites that still are on the old rules and have no idea that the restrictions have been lifted , there is one guy on ebay from USA selling the 5x80 night owl pro binoculars for double the price at $800 when amazon sells them at $487 and this seller is posting them to australia , but 800 is way too much . australia is a ripp off one guy here in australia on ebay wants nearly 900 for 3x night owl binoculars
Old 08-29-2011, 11:06 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

I cant understand why anyone would need a permit for monoculars...? Are you going to blind someone with the glare off the lens? (joking of course)
nah must be something about the british convicts they sent here hundreds of years ago , maybe thinking that we will all become peeping toms , or use them for crime lol

this is the email customs.gov.au said to me

Australian Customs and Border Protection Service currently have no restriction on the import of night vision binoculars.

All goods imported into Australia must be cleared by Australian Customs and Border Protection Service.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:51 AM
proanti1

Have you tried ebay? You will probably have to talk the seller into shipping to australia though...
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 PM
splcrazy

it's ok I found a site called optics planet that sell them no worries to australia
Old 09-01-2011, 02:19 AM
splcrazy

i got my yukon 5x60 GEN1 night vison monocluar today and i have to say , ITS A WASTE OF MONEY , lol i wasted my money why im saying this do you say ? i also own the yukon 5x50 DIGITAL night vision version , and i have to say the digital version CRAPS all over this , the digital version just illuminates everything with crisp clarity , and if the inbuilt ir illuminator isnt enough the digital version has a wheel on top that increases contrast for increased illumination so you can see even more, i have to say the digital versions are the future