Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
Black Ops 2
50.00%
Halo 4
50.00%
PC Gaming
0%
Other im forgetting
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Black Ops 2 Vs Halo 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 PM
iexion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Ops 2 Vs Halo 4

What title (if any) are you looking forward to the most?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Black Ops 2 Vs Halo 4

Playing FPS on console is like trying to run with a foot cut off. You can do it, but it's not optimal or much fun, compared to having two good feet (a PC).

I'm waiting for BL2, nothing else. All these tactical shooters are just too many and too formulaic now.

When will someone breathe life back into competitive Quake and Unreal Tournament style twitch shooters.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: Foxy
Playing FPS on console is like trying to run with a foot cut off. You can do it, but it's not optimal or much fun, compared to having two good feet (a PC).
Tssh Foxy! [:@] I have put well over 500hrs into BF3 on consoles, it has been (for the most part) immense fun. I maybe running with one foot cut off but then so are the people I am playing with/against.

I can not say I am looking forward to any new game, doubt I will get Halo or Black Ops as BF3 will have new content until March (I think), one shooter is enough for me...will probably get GTA (whenever that is).
Old 09-10-2012, 04:16 AM
The Hedgehog

Oh PC Elitists

Saying playing a game on a console is not much fun is just...... oh nevermind. I actually heard some people like to play with a controller on consoles over PC gaming sometime, crazy I know.

I just bought a new PC, but I still prefer console gaming over PC, even though my Steam library is way too full right now. I prefer PC gaming for stuff like Civ 5, Total War Series, and titles that have been obviously gimped for console port like Dragon Age series.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 AM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I'm waiting for BL2, nothing else. All these tactical shooters are just too many and too formulaic now.

When will someone breathe life back into competitive Quake and Unreal Tournament style twitch shooters.
+1 for PC... I wish there were more console/PC online play games so I could go beat the people who will only use the console of their choice because "No one plays PC" or it's "Uncool":P

+1 For twitch shooters instagib especially, with double jump, wall runs etc.

Although if you like that kind of thing there are plenty of free/open source twitch shooters availiable at the moment with relatively active communities - Cube 2 and Red Eclipse for example.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Foxy

Thanks for the heads up. And of course, I believe consoles have their place, or I wouldn't own ALL of them! lol. Sports and fighting games particularly.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
iexion

So Foxy is a vote for **PC gaming**...
Old 09-11-2012, 09:29 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

PC gaming for me too
I do very little console gaming as I find most fall under one of the following categories
1) Bug laden (which shouldn't be seeing they are closed platforms, and can be tested on the exact hardware unlike PC games where there are thousands of different hardware setups)
2) Incomplete (with tons of DLC that was on the disk you already paid for)
3) Piss poor controls (the last zelda on the wii is a good example, and honestly the controls are the ONLY reason I refused to buy it as I don't want to swing my controller around looking like an idiot)

BTW I said most not all there are some excellent console games

Only game I'm really waiting for currently is Torch Light 2.

I do want the last story on the wii, but I'm scared it might try and force an update on my wii that would erase my home brew stations that I like using.