Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

How'd Work Go?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:07 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How'd Work Go?

Finally got something done at work today. The boss rented a log splitter and me and this other guy had to run it. I swear I split and stacked like 4 cords. Found out that the guy helping me had a Duratrax Evader ST Nitro. I've got the ST Electric. Made some money though and I'm happy. Anyone else have a good day?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: iexion

ORIGINAL: DieHard1207

I haven't worked it a while. [] Guess since winter is coming, I'll be laid off through most of it.[]
Yes laid off two days before my birthday[:@]
Im extremely pissed at the situation. Some punk @$$ 19 year old decides to let us know on the night shift he wasn't going to do his job (run his saw) and one of the other guys is talking to our supervisor about this while the 19y.o. is literately walking around talking to whoever and doesn't do a single bit of production. Supervisor is WELL aware of this while the company is getting ready for another round of lay-offs the very next Monday. Monday the 19y.o. is still there.... Supervisor tells me the company is in process of lay-offs and they have to let me go... ''you mean to tell me your keeping him even after what happened on Thursday and ive been here a year and he's been here 4 months thats im getting let go?!?!?''

W...T...F...[:@][:@][:@] That was one of the biggest slaps in the face/back stabs ive ever had from anyone let alone a job. Everyone else was in shock I got laid off (i was pretty much the team lead while the real lead was on military leave). @ 27 Ive been laid off 5 or 6 times now, ripped off from employers, hours cut to push you to quit etc. I know how this **** works. After getting screwed over that bad, its going to be hard to work somewhere and care about it the company.

Just F'ing pissed

I learned it the hard way the person who does the least, and makes the boss look the best to their supervisor keep their jobs while the ones who do good work, and might catch the higher ups attention get canned.

My job 8 years ago I did helpdesk work. I had department heads offer to buy me lunch, and stuff cause how much work I saved them when I would recover their files, and would go out of the way to make them happy. went for a promotion got told I was a piss poor employee, and basically got a demotion... BTW the slap in the face was they hired a burger flipper with 0 experience who ended up stealing $100,000 in equipment, and they tried to blame me for it(hence the demotion). Funniest part was on my last day the guy that stole all the equipments ex GF came in and dropped off a part saying he forgot it by her and it was one of the stolen pieces of equipment. I actually walked out of their laughing my ass off.

Temp agency did a great job, they gave the extended contract for the place I was assigned to some guy that offered to do it for 10 cents less than me (they forwarded the e-mail to me by accident), and told me they lost the contract. Both places went under the contract company, and the place I was contracted to like a year later

Next place I was contracting. I did a good job actually the job I was doing I should have gotten paid 2-3X more than I was(they thought they were overpaying me at $10 an hour for doing network admin work, help desk, and backup recovery) got treated like crap, and let go once I hurt myself(on the job), and needed a week off cause I couldn't walk. Glad the place went under couldn't have happened to a better pile of jackasses. The lower employees were cool sad for them to lose their jobs but the majority of the management were the biggest pile of ass hats that you could imagine.
Swore off contract jobs after that as contractors are treated like complete crap.

Current job I do security, I screw off 99% of the time(seriously I watch videos on my personal laptop 11 to 11.5 hours out of a 12 hour shift), get raises, and no crap from supervisors. Even though I'm passed over for promotions I just don't care anymore. I basically took the Wally from Dilbert outlook on life just do the bare minimum to skate by. Been doing this for 8 years... I hate the place with a passion as I feel like my minds rotting being there from lack of use, but hey its work and pays(just enough to make ends meet).
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM
iexion

Do the bare minimum and kiss ass, kiss (ALOT of ass. I noticed that with the team lead we worked with. Spent 3 hours doing work, play on his phone or the computer, take a 20-25 min lunch break (sits on the computer on his break) then 30mins before the shift is over, do work again.

I think that the main point of any labor type employment. Till the higher ups ***** about productivity levels
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM
DieHarder

lol. Get to work this Saturday. I guess we're cutting down dead trees, cutting them up, and stacking them. (Splitting them if there too big)
Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 PM
DieHarder

Well, guess we didn't cut trees on Saturday. Instead we groomed the ranger trails. He has a couple miles of trail, and with all the large branches and blow downs, it took us two and a half hours and we only got about half of the trails groomed. Might be finishing that project some other day. (Probably tomorrow ) The reason we wearn't cutting trees is because the guy who runs the chainsaw had gotten a cut on his big toe, (He was complaining about it last time) and he tried to be his own doctor. Well it got infected and they had to amputated Saturday morning. Guess we won't be seeing much of him for awhile. [X(]
Old 11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
DieHarder

So what's everyone doing this weekend?[&:]
Old 12-02-2012, 07:42 PM
DieHarder

I'm just made a thread for me (and only me) to make posts in. .......WHY IS IT THAT WHEN EVER I MAKE A THREAD IT ALWAYS ENDS UP WHERE PEOPLE STOP VISITING IT AND I END UP BEING THE ONLY ONE POSTING!!!!!!!!!??????? It get a little annoying after a while. I'm taking this thread out of my bookmarks, putting it in the trash, and emptying the trash.

P.S.Last time I ever make a thread.[]
Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM
DieHarder

Yo
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
DieHarder

yo
Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
lee172

Work is always fun.....
Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Work is horrible, I have to sit home all day and play with rc cars and search up reviews and surf forums, its tough man, do you know how hard it is to decide what website to open next? I am on stress medication because of this situation, I have to see phsycologists 5 times a day to get assistance when I need to choose if I should opend RCU or go youtube, work is hell, you think you guys are doing it tough, how about when you internet stops working for 10 minutes then works again. I start banging my head against a wall till the internet gets fixed. I am locked in a room with security guards oon the outside incase the internet stops working..
Just joking (incase you were dumb enough to not realise) Actually I don't work, I am a student but its holidays now in Australia, I am studying hard, which RC to buy next....