Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

car audio help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 08:59 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car audio help

Can any one help me out.
I have a 1500w 2ch amp for my 2 subs and a 400w amp for the rest of the speakers(tweets 2ways)
I have an rca hooked up to my 1500w going to ch1 and 2 on my other but it needs another set of rca to go to ch3 & 4
What do I need to get in order to use all my channels right now I have it rigged so that ch1 and 2 have a tweeter and 2way hooked up to it and I am going to add 2 more speakers so obviously I have to get all channels to work. Its like I need am rca that has 2 on one end and 4 on the other but not finding that.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:33 PM
RustedRC

I think the in car speakers need a line level converter. only thing with that is you have to cut the speaker wires. but i think i know what your trying to do. they make a splitter that has one female to two male rca cables a electronics store should have them.just make sure that you have left and right going to each amp. you don't want all rights going to one amp or all lefts..

Last edited by RustedRC; 08-22-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:35 PM
zackS30

My tweeters do have a little box in the middle of the wires that u change ohms on.
OK I looked at my amps again to make sure I wasn't being dumb. My 1500w has a place for 2 sets of RCA's one set as line in and the other line out. Then my 400w 4ch has 3 rca plug sets 2 ins and 1 out. So I've got one of those RCA's that has left and right on one end but has a head phone jack on the other, so that's line in in my 1500w and the regular RCA's connecting to 2 amps left and right for ch1 and 2 though. 3&4 are just there.
I don't like going to stores very much, I do most things online(better odds of getting a deal by coupon or something)
My wife hates all the stuff I get in the mail, shell be OK though. I just wanted to know what that piece was called to make it operate the right way.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:33 AM
RustedRC

The piece that i was talking about is a single female rca to dual male rca Y adapter. hope that helps.I did a set up like this but it was a long time ago and that's what i used. i had the rca coming from the cd/radio into the Y adapters one left and one right to the amp for the subs in the trunk and the other i had to get some extensions to go back into the car to the amp for the in car/door speakers.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:35 PM
zackS30

Oh OK I see what u mean. I'll take a second look on eBay and see if I can find it. I probably looked right at it and didn't notice
Old 08-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Anthoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I am confused here?
You have a head unit with 2 pairs of RCA outputs (front and rear) ?
You have two amplifiers, one is a two channel and the other 4 channel and both amps have line in and out ?

Connect both (pairs of ) RCA leads from the head unit to the 4 channel amp, then use the line out on that amp to connect to the 2 channel amp?