Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

professional rc drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 04:36 PM
kawasaki636

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default professional rc drivers

why don't professional rc drivers use caste creations esc and motors or race with traxxas trucks or motors
Old 04-05-2015, 09:00 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Castle is a generic motor company that's a decent solid entry level brushless system, this is what has allowed them to be used in products of traxxas, hpi, and so forth. Traxxas is considered a entry grade, something someone who's new can get into the hobby. They are simple machines with cheap parts, very little adjustment, heavy, no aerodynamics, just not meant to be used as a race product. To my knowlge there are three specs in this hobby, entry, advanced, pro. Traxxas is somethign you can buy, bash around, race at a local trakc with other entry level vehicles. Advance user is someone who's looking to get a little more of something, stepping up there game, so they look for a more suited vehicle they can work with, better shocks, adjustable, custom electronics you name it. At this level you hardly seen anyone using one size fits all of parts, there looking for motors with more power or speed, batteries that are more capacity and lighter, stiffer shocks and springs, things the stock world doesn't provide. Finally professional, these are the hardcore serious guys spending a lot of money for the best they can get, from high end electronics to precision tuned motors, organization legal(Roar for example goes company to company and holds them to a strict build specification that meets there rules so they are legal and can be used in there series.), all these things add up. This is why you don't see anyone using a house hold name or brand while racing. I hope this explains a little why you don't see names like traxxas being used by pro drivers.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:18 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Because the Castle Creations is typically basher quality, non-sensored stuff. If you are racing, you will want a sensored motor and ESC, and Python fit the bill with Traxxas.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:07 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kinda agree with above posts, but 'basher' isn't a quality. There are varying levels of quality of basher intended gear and it's important to note that Castle's technical ability (through their partners and in-house) is absolutely up there if not exceeding that of other major manufacturers. While it's curious that they don't offer ANY sensored motors, they do offer a very good sensored speed control, the Mamba Max Pro - arguably objectively the best ESC on the market for years. It does 'everything' and does it excellently, it will power a racing level sedan on 2S, a 1/8th buggy on 6S and a Monster Truck on 4S, does sensored and sensorless operation, extensive programmable options by USB. The only criticism would be the weak BEC. With an external BEC though, make no mistake, I'd run it in any touring car club race or speed run any 6S buggy, it's as good an esc as you'll find anywhere.