Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Cops and RCs

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:23 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cops and RCs

I was drivin my brushless mini-t in front of my house, and some cop was across the street radaring full scale cars as they went by him. When there was no cars, I was pullin WOT going some 40 MPH (I have the 8000kv one) and he kept giving me the evil eye because I was goin faster than 25 MPH, but he couldn't do anything about it. I was thinking of asking him how fast my Mini-T was going too.

Anyone else have any stories with cops and RCs?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Bombers_410

Default RE: Cops and RCs

When we go boating the lake has "water cops" or lake patrol to give people tickets when they do something wrong. So i was just driving my rc boat around at about 30 mph in a cove that said "no wake zone" thats SLOW for noobs. and he pulled up next to us and said that we had to have a property owner on that thing! I was scared to because i thought he was really going to give us a ticket!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I was driving my 1/8 buggy around one day (which is super loud compared to my other nitro's) and a cop pulled up. I was about to crap a brick because the neighbors had called the cops on me before, but it turned out he was into RC too, said he had an XXXNT.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:12 AM
That0neGuy
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

I chase cops with my cars......[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 09-22-2005, 06:53 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: That0neGuy

I pull drag races with my brushless mini-t. Theres this one guy on my street that has a honda civic that he thinks is all badazz, and when he comes on the street, I'll just barley tap the throttle going about 5 mph, then he'll keep up, then I'll punch WOT and go like 40 MPH in about 1-2 seconds, and he'll burn rubber to about 30, but he has to slow down because of the full-scale speed limit.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

ORIGINAL: IBrakeForNobody

ORIGINAL: That0neGuy

I pull drag races with my brushless mini-t. Theres this one guy on my street that has a honda civic that he thinks is all badazz, and when he comes on the street, I'll just barley tap the throttle going about 5 mph, then he'll keep up, then I'll punch WOT and go like 40 MPH in about 1-2 seconds, and he'll burn rubber to about 30, but he has to slow down because of the full-scale speed limit.
nice
Old 09-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Bdud

i love it when that happens hardass's getting their "hard" butts kicked
Old 10-13-2005, 12:13 AM
KamikazeParanoia

a friend of a friend tied his numberplate from his real car to the back of his RC and drove past a speed camera over the 1:1 limit, the police sent him a letter through the post to his door wasnt anything they could do tho
Old 10-13-2005, 03:40 AM
J_D

thats the stupidest story I've ever herd ^^^^
Old 10-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Doahh

I wonder what they would do if they got a pic of the RC car though...
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My son had an XTM X-Cellerator that he was running out in the street. A Neighborhood Liaison Officer stopped him. He thought that he was in trouble for running the truck in the street or a neighbor had called the cops on him for a noise complaint. My son found out that he was into racing R/C trucks and was just checking my sons truck out. I didn't know who the officer was until one day as I was leaving for work just backing out of my driveway that a cop had pulled me over. It was the above mentioned and wanted to shoot the breeze with me about R/C. I would have spent some time with him but I was running late for work. One of these days I'll get him to a pond and let him run a boat.
We've had DNR Officers (Dept. of Natural Resources) stop by when we were running boats. We had a course set up but here in Michigan you have to get a Regatta permit to have buoys in the water, just like if we held a full-sized boat race. The DNR guys were cool and told us if we got a permit that they'd quickly OK it for us. In the meantime they got out their radar gun and clocked our boats for us! I think that part of the reason why they wanted us to get the permit was because they wanted to know when we were running again so that they could watch us run again.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:21 PM
PillowPants

Well mine isn't specficly about r/c cars but it had a little bit to do with it. Me and a few neighbor friend's of mine were making some jumps for my R/C's and we were digging on some land that didnt actually belong to us. So the next thing we know a cop pulls off the trail and comes up to us. we were all about to piss our pants about that time. So he stops about 5 feet away from where we are digging and asks us if we have seen this "african american" woman that was wearing a specific article of clothing that i dont remember, but evidentally she was suicidal and had some badazz anger problems. So he walked back to his car and took off. We were all relieved to find that he didn'teven aknowledge the fact that we had a bunch of 4 foot mounds of dirt next to us. So, as we were walking home that night we saw that EXACT same woman as the officer had described crossing the street like crying or something. True story.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:21 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

My son had an XTM X-Cellerator that he was running out in the street. A Neighborhood Liaison Officer stopped him. He thought that he was in trouble for running the truck in the street or a neighbor had called the cops on him for a noise complaint. My son found out that he was into racing R/C trucks and was just checking my sons truck out. I didn't know who the officer was until one day as I was leaving for work just backing out of my driveway that a cop had pulled me over. It was the above mentioned and wanted to shoot the breeze with me about R/C. I would have spent some time with him but I was running late for work. One of these days I'll get him to a pond and let him run a boat.
We've had DNR Officers (Dept. of Natural Resources) stop by when we were running boats. We had a course set up but here in Michigan you have to get a Regatta permit to have buoys in the water, just like if we held a full-sized boat race. The DNR guys were cool and told us if we got a permit that they'd quickly OK it for us. In the meantime they got out their radar gun and clocked our boats for us! I think that part of the reason why they wanted us to get the permit was because they wanted to know when we were running again so that they could watch us run again.
Ron...every time I hear somebody talk about the DNR, I remember the story about somebody telling Ted Nugent about his conversation with a representative from the "Michigan Fish & Wildlife Department". I laugh every time, too[&:]

But, on the subject of cops 'n' RC, there's several Memphis Police officers into both cars and boats that i've gotten to know over the past year or so I've lived down here. Knowing them (and having worked at a hobby shop down here) has gotten me out of more than my fair share of tickets
Old 10-14-2005, 10:44 PM
CarbonYokomo18

i am new to this site but not new to rc at all you could say i am an expert, but im only 15, but have had an article in radio control car action, in the may issue of last year, but anyways i have had an encounter with police, but it is like most of the replies above, because i was running my car down the street, and then all of the sudden there was a cop that turned the corner, and i was scared ****e-less, and all of my friends ran in the house thinkin something bad was going to happen, but the cop pulled up and actually watched me run it, and asked about how fast rc cars went and how long ive been into driving them and he told me to keep it up and to stay in school and other things like that but it all went quite well.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:53 PM
PillowPants

speaking of school... i have an effing 69.41% in math and quite franlky, i'm about to ***** myself!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Ron Olson

T-bird, you'd love the song "The Day Ted Nugent Killed All the Animals". Even Ted himself loved it! Don't ask me who did it, a nephew of mine had it on tape.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:39 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Ron, now that you mention it...i'm gonna have to find that

I just had a great idea. a Zebra-striped parma bronco body on my Revo...
BTW isn't he a cop?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Man cops love RC cars, whenever they come across me when i am driving on the street, the first thing they do they take out the radar and want to know how fast it goes.

[8D]
Old 10-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Ron Olson

I've seen his Bronco a couple of times, the one that he drove down Woodward at 90 MPH -------- in reverse! I found that story a little on the tall tale side as I've never seen anything that could do 90 in reverse.
Once at an outdoor show here in town and once at a Motel/Restaurant in Sterling Heights when I went to a race at the old SEMROCC track. The restaurant was the only one in town that served wildlife.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:58 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

well I have not been in trouble with the 5-O yet. But I think all of us teen agers crap a brick when we see thewm. I get scared when one just come down the street. not to mention when my friend said : "hide the drugs"!! when a cop was driving by with his windows down. The cops tapped the brake but kept going my friends beet the crap out of the friend who said that lol.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Kemo

I dont get why people become so paranoid of cops when they drive up to one on the highways. Since my college instructor was a no show, we got to go home... low and behold, there is a cop and EVERYONE suddenly changes their cruise control to the cop's speed. When HE is going 60 in a 65... its OK to pass! Honestly I was the only one who zig zagged thru traffic and around the cop. To make things even better, he wasn't even on duty nor in the city he worked for.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:23 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

The show COPS scared us all. actually I'm listioning to the song right now
Old 10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

I ran a on-road car on the free way. It kept up with traffic well. But the cop didnt like it so I got a tikcet. The sad thing the ticket cost more then the car. I also dont get why people freak out when they see a cop. What is the big deal. I made a citizen arrest on a cop before me my dad and about 20 other people inv egas. We saw him buy drugs while on duty.Cops these days?[:@]
Old 10-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What was the cop's name? When did you testify?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

It was like 6 months ago. I dont remember his name jsut wanted to get out of court. 10 hours of commuinity service too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.