Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Who's taking the world series this year!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 06:44 PM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's taking the world series this year!?

Cards, stros', or the sox? IMO, they should all just go on home, cuz the cards are gunna take them to the curb!

GO CARDINALS!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:57 AM
mosavage

Default RE: Who's taking the world series this year!?

by niw, obviouslt the sox
Old 10-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Kemo

C'mon, its baseball... the ONLY sport that hasn't been changed for the good... It gets really boring waiting for someone to pitch a ball every 30 seconds, let alone actually getting a hit in 5 minutes (rarely happens).
Old 10-26-2005, 11:55 AM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

white sox
Old 10-26-2005, 03:19 PM
JMan8108

ORIGINAL: rccars411

C'mon, its baseball... the ONLY sport that hasn't been changed for the good... It gets really boring waiting for someone to pitch a ball every 30 seconds, let alone actually getting a hit in 5 minutes (rarely happens).
im just going for whoever is ahead so that stupid boring sport will finish its season and quit wasting good ESPN time when other sports that keep people awake could be on. I mean what other sport is so boring, twards the end you have to strech???
Old 10-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

HA

what now sox 1 the game
ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

Cards, stros', or the sox? IMO, they should all just go on home, cuz the cards are gunna take them to the curb!

GO CARDINALS!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Bombers_410

Listen if you dont like the sport then DONT REPLY. I have been to 2 cardinal games this year and 4 last year i love them GO CARDS!!! Although the Cards and the Stros in the nlcs played imo HORRIBLY both had excellent seasons with the cardinals racking up the most wins all season beating the white sox in the al and in the division leaving the astros 10 games back and the cubs 20 games back (www.thecubssuck.com) with a hundred wins total!!!! Baseball is America's passtime!, and I love to play the sport for my high school and watching it on tv isnt boring! Its watching a sport that you dont care about when it becomes boring. Such as golf for ME, i play golf but watching it on tv is boring.

And about baseball "not changing for the good" cmon seriously!!! How can you change a sport as pure as baseball is. Maybe with being able to change the umps calls but that would make the sport "impure" and would take up even more time to play. I live for baseball and thats what baseball is about. I would bet that everyone in the majors feels the same way and if they only made $50,000 a year they would still play it just because the love to. God bless America!!.. and Baseball! Go cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: JMan8108

im just going for whoever is ahead so that stupid boring sport will finish its season and quit wasting good ESPN time when other sports that keep people awake could be on. I mean what other sport is so boring, twards the end you have to strech???
Old 10-27-2005, 08:23 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: DEAD MAN

HA

what now sox 1 the game
ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

GO CARDINALS!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: JMan8108

Watching lawn fairies chase a ball around a field (soccer), no stretch in that game.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

There is nothing pure about baseball. Between the steroids and drug use, it's really trashy business. Has Palmeiro been deported yet?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Kemo

That is pretty bad if you need drugs to be GOOD at baseball. You wait for a ball to be hucked at you... you swing at it, then run for your life around a small diamond.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

and no matter how good you are at that, no one playing a childs game should earn $100,000,000 a year.. And, if you do manage to pull that off, you CERTAINLY shouldn't piss and moan (go on strike) because you are upset about your working conditions. For that kind of money, a player better be willing to stand on their head in foot deep raw sewage with only a straw to breathe through if I, the person paying them, decided that's what I wanted to see..
Old 10-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

i saw some cardinals make a nest out of socks once
Old 10-28-2005, 05:28 PM
PillowPants

THE MOST under rated pro sport is the NHL. If people had any idea how hard that game is and how much endurance you physicaly have to have, then i think it would be MUCH more popular. Has there EVER been any type of drug scandal in the NHL? It's pure strength, and pure endurance. It's totally testoserone driven, so there is always something going on. Not to mention the occasional whooping!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Bombers_410

Ok first of all speed, only a few people take steroids in baseball and they have been removed from the sport. Take a look at the Cardinals, a hundred wins this year and 105 last year, no steroids here! Steroids have been taken in all sports not just in baseball (duh)! and yes NHL just isnt the popular sport. I like to go to hockey games but people just dont watch it that much. And ya all professional athletes are over paid but thats probably because if one team doesnt spend so much on that player then some other team will.

Second, and last, "to stand on their head in foot deep raw sewage with only a straw to breathe through" I'll do that for you if you fork out a hundred million dollars :P