Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

airsoft

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
coolkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airsoft

hey do any of u guys play airsoft, i am an avid skirmisher with my friends, its an insiders game, and im just trying to see how small this world really is, haha, ...
Old 10-26-2005, 09:29 PM
JMan8108

Default RE: airsoft

i do but i only play in small private skirmishes. I have the UTG 870 and I love it for a CQB gun. great ROF and at 275ish with a .2 i cant ask for more in backyard skirmishes.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

I owned few airsofts, just using for fun, mostly to control my small cousins.

BUt now i really want to buy a pullet gun that is gas operated, dont know much about those, anyone know which ones are good?

real guns are different story
Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 PM
coolkid

yeah i have a Tokyo Marui g3 sg1, which i love, i can school everyone that i play with, and we all play with aeg's. The one problem is that its impossible to use in cqb and you have to be really carefull not to wack it against a tree or whatever, haha, ive been carefull with it so far, ive payed like my lifes savings on the bad boy, how could i not be carefull .
Old 10-27-2005, 05:57 PM
coolkid

about the gas gun, are u tlking about an airsoft gas gun, or a co2 pellet gun, i wasnt sure what u meant... for airsoft it depends ALL on your budget. You can put 35 dollars into a plink around gun, or 200 on a skirmish worthy gun. A good cheap pistol is a UHC USP, i got one used for like 25 bucks and it was awesome just to mess around it, sort of low quality plastic, but mechanically it was awesome. For like a good gun u should get like a mac 11, or for a rifle look for liek a tanaka, or tokyo marui... i hope u were talking about airsoft not pellet guns, haha
Old 10-27-2005, 08:54 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

BUt now i really want to buy a pullet gun that is gas operated, dont know much about those, anyone know which ones are good?
If you want a good pellet gun, check out the Benjamins.

http://www.biggameproshop.com/benjamin_air_rifles.htm
Old 10-28-2005, 10:42 PM
coolkid

yeah idk what he was talking about, because i dont think there is such thing as a gas pellet gun,so i assumed he meant airsoft...
Old 10-28-2005, 11:02 PM
jakjr

He was talking about a Co2 powered pellet gun, they use small cylinders (8g I think) of Co2 instead of an electric or manual pump.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: jakjr

He was talking about a Co2 powered pellet gun, they use small cylinders (8g I think) of Co2 instead of an electric or manual pump.
yeh thats what i want co2 powerd gun, that shoots pullets,
i really want a pistol, not a rifle, in that website there are mostly rifles,
and i don't know which pistol to get
Old 10-29-2005, 12:43 AM
jakjr

I have this one right now, it's cheap and semi auto, but not too powerful. http://www.biggameproshop.com/crossman_air_rifles.htm scroll down to the silver one that's 60 bucks (Silver Series CO2 1008 Repeatair).

It uses little 8 round clip things, they're made for pellets, but I've also used BB's in them, BB's are alot cheaper.

Personally I would go with a pump one, more powerful.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:29 PM
coolkid

yeah man i know, but theres a differnce between gas and co2, so when he said gas i thought he meant airsoft, no prob, yeah those things r sweet, i saw one at walmart, semi auto for like 30 bucks with 3, 8 gram co2 cart. and an extra clip or something, and i also saw a semi auto ppk with blowback for 70 bucks, it looked so nice, check em out next time u go to walmart...
Old 10-29-2005, 09:38 PM
coolkid

yeah jakjr your right, the pump rifles are a lot more powerful then the co2 ones. I have a daisy powerline 856, and it claims it'll fire around 700 fps, and its pretty sweet, never had a bb pistol though...
Old 07-12-2006, 08:34 PM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

do you know if you can use rc batteries in a airsoft gun because my battery just overheated.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:55 AM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

yeah, but dont they use more cells than rcs would use? (ive seen an airsoft pack that had 10 or 12 cells....)
im into airsoft...its fun as hell, especially playing against my friends in my backyard...we only have regular pistols and smgs. you have to cock it every time you wanna shoot.....i also attached a cheater on mine, its soo much fun playing it at night with glow in the dark pellets! o yeah, and the cheater has dead aim, you can point it at a coke can hundred feet away and it can knock it down easily.....
Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 PM
rcmaster103

I play airsoft but I don't have any guns right now. I want to get the UTG MP4/MP5 AEG. I don't have any mony though.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:44 PM
-Inverted-

yeah i have a Tokyo Marui g3 sg1, which i love, i can school everyone that i play with, and we all play with aeg's. The one problem is that its impossible to use in cqb and you have to be really carefull not to wack it against a tree or whatever, haha, ive been carefull with it so far, ive payed like my lifes savings on the bad boy, how could i not be carefull .
I remember the SG1....great all around gun, even an effective mid-range sniper. Get a MP5-K, great little gun and insane in CQB, very light and easy to stow, and amazing ROF. If you didnt already have such a heavy gun I would have reccomended a shotgun for CQB, they take some time to get used to but are very effective with the proper tactics.