Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

why

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:15 AM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default why

why are you on
Old 12-04-2005, 01:08 AM
soulja4187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why

Waiting for you to Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I can move threads like this to the off topic forums.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

So I can move threads like this to the off topic forums.
They should give you more freedom with the delete button...
Old 12-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Doahh

he coulda used the delete button if he wanted to
Old 12-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Wide Open

im on cause im bored and supposed to be studying for a test. maybe it might be a good idea to start studying.[&:][sm=idea.gif]
Old 12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

I am because i refuse to do HW...God i hate school
Old 12-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

I am because i refuse to do HW...God i hate school
doesnt everyone?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

not really...there people out there who dont do anything all their life but study to become some stupid doctor....and thats all they can do in their life...be a doctor..if you ask them to change a light bulb...they can't

boring nerdy life with 4.0+ gpa...i hate ppl liek that i rather get a C in class and with it go out everyday then get a B in class and go out once a week
Old 12-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Frost_

Hate 'em now, work for 'em later.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
CadillacDTS2001

after hi school you lose your will to learn and well here i am
Old 12-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Viper 15

What's wrong with being a doctor? I want to be a radiologist, I have to go to 10 years of school and 4 years of intern, but the pay is in up wards of $350,000. To me 6 years of school after college is worth that.

not really...there people out there who dont do anything all their life but study to become some stupid doctor....and thats all they can do in their life...be a doctor..if you ask them to change a light bulb...they can't

boring nerdy life with 4.0+ gpa...i hate ppl liek that i rather get a C in class and with it go out everyday then get a B in class and go out once a week
Old 12-06-2005, 10:49 PM
R/C fan-addict

I guess school is just something you have to do even if you have to drag yourself there
you might not realize it, but school really affects your later life. If you study hard and try your best you will have life easier later on.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: Viper 15

What's wrong with being a doctor? I want to be a radiologest, I have to go to 10 years of school and 4 years of intern, but the pay is in up wards of $350,000. To me 6 years of school after college is worth that.

Perhaps thats why i hate school and ppl who do good in it...*hint* you gonna make 350K [&o]

lol
Old 12-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you think that school is bad, wait until after you graduate, have to get a job to support yourself, a wife and kids. The next thing you know, you're old like me. Being in school looks a lot better then.
Yeah, I hated school and didn't learn any more that what I absolutely had to. What happened in the War of 1812 still has no use to me and whatever little else that I remember helps me to fill in the squares in a crossword puzzle.

How did this get off on this topic anyway?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Man i like machines...then let me go work on machines...but now first i need to learn what happen on December 13, 1647. First i need to know that square root of 49 is 7. First i need to know that Ti stands for tatinum. I mean come on give me a break...the one only thing that is really currupt in this world is the school system.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Ron Olson

Don't get me started on the school system. My son just graduated this past June and he's lucky to be able to make change for a dollar! I kid you not as he was diagnosed in Elementary school with ADD. I even recommended that he be held back a year but no, they just run them through like cattle through a slaughterhouse.
I'm waiting to see what's next here in town. They just announced this thing called the Kalamazoo Promise. It's big and has been on about every National news station and program. If you've gone to Kalamazoo Public Schools from K-12, you are guaranteed a College scholarship, not counting room, food and books, preferrably at the local University.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Wide Open

wow, i never thought of it that way. they really are just aiming to get us through as fast as possible. then when we graduate we get slapped in the face because the "real world" is so much different than what they prepair us for. thats so unfair![:@][:'(]
Old 12-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Ron Olson

It would be nice if schools taught you what you really need to know to make it out here, at least the schools that I went to don't or didn't at the time.
I took the usual "guy" courses, shop class, blueprint reading plus the mandatory stuff. I didn't bother with the typing class as who would have thought that I'd ever need it? I kind of wish that I did now as I'm a 2-finger typer and have to look at the keyboard while I'm typing this. Keep in mind that I graduated in 1970, back when computers were still in its infancy, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the internet.
If you're a History buff, fine. I have some friends that are into that. I found that the teacher that you have can make things interesting or boring. Some of the things that aren't normally taught or in textbooks is where the good stuff is at. Math is needed, especially in todays world. I was doing College stuff in elementary school. I didn't care much for English class but I have a thing about proper spelling and trying to start a new paragraph when I have to.
Phys. Ed., I'm not a jock by any stretch of the meaning and not into ball sports except Bowling and Volleyball so I didn't do well there. I didn't like the idea of grading in Phys. Ed. anyway, only the jocks got the good grades. Only the fat kids got good grades if they played football (I wasn't a fat kid BTW).
I ended up by being a factory rat at a paper company and can't complain, the pay and benefits are good, sometimes higher than what college grads are making.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Wide Open

i cant seem to understand why they grade us in some of the subjects they do, also. it just doesnt make sense to me.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They basically have to grade you since it not only shows how well you can recall something compared to someone else, but how well they were able to get you to recall something. The more you recall and the more students that recall something--the more funding. The more funding, the more money to spread around to the administrators, teachers, and staff. So-called "Justification" for taxes and public schools.

Think of it as racing RCs--all a timing system does is compare one driver to another. Of course, some like to race and some only want to bash while yet others may like to do some of both. However, one never knows until one tries--the same with some school subjects. One's interests may also change over time and those who never considered attending college, may one day attend later.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Wide Open

i see how it is now. well, ive got two more years of highschool and then college to go, so id better just sit back and deal with what needs to be done now and not worry about this untill later.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:39 AM
J_D

thats a bit narrow minded - my sister graduated with a degree in a medical science - she works in a lab full time - and still goes out every second night.. (and makes A LOT of money)
Old 12-09-2005, 02:00 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: J_D

thats a bit narrow minded - my sister graduated with a degree in a medical science - she works in a lab full time - and still goes out every second night.. (and makes A LOT of money)
you are right i generilized too much lol

but i want to understand my anger toward school system [&o]
Old 12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

School is a sore subject with me, subjects like Spanish, history, literature, and English/Grammar (to a certain extent) are a waste of my time as far as I'm concerned.

I don't live in Spain or Mexico, so why do I NEED to learn Spanish?
What happened 300 years ago on "X" date isn't going to make any difference in the jobs I am interested in.
What Mark Twain or Edgar Allen Poe wrote about doesn't concern me.
And knowing how to diagram every word in a 30 word sentence, or discerning the difference between an infinitive and an appositive isn't going to make me any money.

All this is fine stuff for little kids to learn, but once you get into 11th/12th grade and have a pretty good idea as to what you want to "be" I think certain classes should be optional.

On the other hand, I think classes like math and English/grammar (to a certain extent) should be stressed more, and dare I say have a higher "passing grade" (EG have to have at least an 85 to pass). You will be using math for pretty much ANY job (in fact I can't think of a job where you wont need to use some sort of math), and living in the US which is an English speaking country it only makes sense to stress on it more than Spanish (for example).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.