Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Is it just me, or...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it just me, or...

I think if it's even questionable by SOME members, it should be removed, regardless of what the rest of the members say. True, you cannot please everyone all of the time. But, for that that like them, google.com can find whatever you want to see. This is a family site and it should be 100% kid-safe 100% of the time..
Old 12-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Doahh

ORIGINAL: mouser

What I'm trying to say is that parents wont want their kids looking at stuff like that on the internet. If I was with my mom and I was at the beach, and I was 10, and I saw a woman in a bikini, or something revealing, my mom would probably just not want me to stare. But, if I was 10, and she walked in on me looking at that on a computer, she'd probably get a little angry.

And depfife, remember, a lot of little kids aren't aloud to watch some shows that are even somewhat inappropriate even if they are on during the day.
Not CSI things like spongebeb that are rated PG instead of G...
That would really suck to only be able to watch G rated things though but I agree with mouser totally
Old 12-11-2005, 12:10 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Speedmunkey

I think if it's even questionable by SOME members, it should be removed, regardless of what the rest of the members say. True, you cannot please everyone all of the time. But, for that that like them, google.com can find whatever you want to see. This is a family site and it should be 100% kid-safe 100% of the time..
Thank you Speedmunkey, that's exactly what I think.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

One that I personally object to are the ads from Copperhead Aviation. They have ads for a Yak called a Stiffy. Come on guys, we all know what that is. Is that really an appropriate name for a plane? "Hey, I've got a Stiffy on order!" "I'm getting a Stiffy for Christmas!" See where and what this could lead to? Say something like that at the flying field and watch people step back away from you.
This is me, as a member of this site, not a Mod saying this. Sorry, but that ad is done in poor taste for this site that tries to keep it clean in here.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Wide Open

lets put it this way. we ALL care about promoting the hobby, it doesnt matter if its cars, planes, boats, etc. this site is dedicated to the promotion and advancement of rc. and those ads do everything BUT promote the hobby.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: depfife

RCU has used prime time broadcast television as a benchmark for some time. If it is something that you find on prime time broadcast television it is usually allowed on RCU. There is no way to set a limit on what is allowed that will make everyone happy.

Is there anything in any of these ads that is not allowed on prime time broadcast television?

If you find the ads offensive you might want to share your feelings with the company.
Look at how much primetime tv shows are banned/blocked in a LOT of family homes. If we make one sexual innuendo here, we are banned... but you say if its on primetime tv... its ok to have ads like that here?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:42 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

One that I personally object to are the ads from Copperhead Aviation. They have ads for a Yak called a Stiffy.
"Your girlfriend kept looking at my Stiffy"

Sorry, had to
Old 12-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This young lady has done some ads for Aeromarine for R/C Boat Modeler magazine. I took this shot 2 years ago at the Toledo show. In the ads she is wearing much less, a 3/4 rear view of here backside and you can see part of a lacy thong in the shot. Needless to say, I had a tough time getting this shot as there was a crowd of men around their booth.
Aeromarine has always built quality boats and hardware and their rep goes back many years to when they built full-sized offshore racing boats. Why they had to have a model for a "Cheesecake" shot is beyond me.
With so many owners of their boats that are well-known outside of R/C boating such as Antron Brown, NHRA Pro Stock motorcycle champion do they feel the need to use her?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51481.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	368718  
Old 12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, no doubt that shes... pretty, but she doesn't belong in r/c ads.