Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

DA 360

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA 360

ive been hearin that the X-box 360 is on the frits

thats why i dont buy the very furst model i wait for about the 6 or 7th that way the price drops and all the liitlr bugs are out and the system is fine tuned

Old 12-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Kemo

Default RE: DA 360

all it really is, is just a graphics enhancement from the original Xbox. Nothing is really "new".
Old 12-11-2005, 03:40 PM
houseplant

My 360 has had no problems and I got it on the first day so those people must be unlucky or something, nothing froze, Xbox Live runs great, and all the games are beautiful and smooth especially on HD.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Doahh

Notice Nintendo hasn't had a SINGLE problem throught their many many years and Microsoft comes in with the normal X-Box and on certain games they had a recall on external cords catching on fire and the 'Blue screen of death'
The 360 comes out and they have more problems... overheating and freezing. Now whos the more reliable company?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:37 PM
fastest_ntc3

IMO, Sony is the most reliable. Sure they had a few problems with the PSP's screen, but once you get passed those problems you won't be able to put the PSP down. My PS2 never freezes. My friends Xbox has frozen on us a couple times. Nintendo is good, but has fallen off over the pass few years. Games on the Game Cube are not as fun as games on the PS2. Game Cube games seem to be aimed for the ages 10 and under crowd. THe PS2 has a lot of sport games and non-animated action games.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:52 PM
michelob78

Oh man those old nintendo and super nintendo's where horrible always blowing in the cartridge, i don't think they were problem free....... lol
Old 12-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: Doahh

Notice Nintendo hasn't had a SINGLE problem throught their many many years and Microsoft comes in with the normal X-Box and on certain games they had a recall on external cords catching on fire and the 'Blue screen of death'
The 360 comes out and they have more problems... overheating and freezing. Now whos the more reliable company?
Yeah but nintendo doesnt have ANY titles worth bragging about. I'll take a better game over reliability any day.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
mulletman

ya no kidding nintendo sucks!
Old 12-11-2005, 09:31 PM
fastest_ntc3

ORIGINAL: michelob78

Oh man those old nintendo and super nintendo's where horrible always blowing in the cartridge, i don't think they were problem free....... lol
LOL.... I remember blowing into those nintendo cartridges. The game would work for 10 minutes, then it would freeze. I never understood why blowing into the cartridges worked.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:44 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Lol oh man i also REMMEBR blowing hahaha i kept reading and could not understand what you guys were talking about but then i got it lol...i think we did to blow the dust away lol

YOu know what people, screw microsoft, sony and intedo....i will just spend $500 upgrading my PC [:-]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:13 AM
J_D

I don't think Xbox has even been released in australia yet [&:]

how crap is that? lol
Old 12-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Doahh

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

Lol oh man i also REMMEBR blowing hahaha i kept reading and could not understand what you guys were talking about but then i got it lol...i think we did to blow the dust away lol

YOu know what people, screw microsoft, sony and intedo....i will just spend $500 upgrading my PC [:-]
Yeah Totally you can't get neverwinter nights for ANY of the 3 systems
Well guys I have to say I have ALMOST ALL of the game systems from atari to X-Box normal (doesn't work) Personally the GC is the best in my opinion
Old 12-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Kemo

Microsoft thought they'd sell pretty darn good in japan... similar to how they did here. They were dead wrong. I'll take the Japanese technology over ours when it comes to electronics.

I remember when america thought they were the (insert some curse here if you feel like it). We had our smallest drill bit, sent it to Japan. Low and behold, Japan sent the drill bit back after several months. The american company evaluated it, and saw that there was a hole drilled thru our smallest drill bit.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:12 PM
fastest_ntc3

ORIGINAL: Doahh

Personally the GC is the best in my opinion
Why? The gamecube makes games for little kids.

All games systems ever made has some type of glitch in them. All of them freeze at one time or another. It is all part of technology.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:09 PM
mulletman

some are bigger than others though
Old 12-12-2005, 05:28 PM
R/C fan-addict

I still have a super nintendo and it works fine although I only have 2 games, The Lion King and Fifa 97' lol 97'!
personally I think all those game systems are a waste of money!
I know someone who is saving up for a nintendo revolution, his brother is saving up for a PS3, and together they are saving up for the 360! that's like $1000 in gamesystems! I just use my computer because:
- games cost way less! (they start at about 50 when just released then drop to like $30 2 months later, and keep on dropping)
- you can use a keyboard, wheel, joystick, or controller (which ever you want)
- you can really easily hook it up to a projection TV!
- digital sound rather than analog for most game systems I believe
- upgrade as you go
- can include DVD players that actually work unlike original Xbox and PS2 DVD players
- and there's no blowing on a cartridge, blowing dirt out of the fan...
- computers can be used for other stuff too
- cheaper all in all (when you consider that you need a computer anyway and if you buy a $300 gamesystem and like 20 $50 games it gets really expensive whereas having a gaming PC costs maybe $300-$400 to upgrade from a regular PC and games cost sssoooooooo much less!)

the only con I see to computer gaming is the upfront cost (excluding games) and that multiplayer is harder to get to work since you need to play with 2 computers or online... but hey if you want to spend tons of money for mulitplayer go right on ahead!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:41 PM
mulletman

you have lots of good points for the pc there
Old 12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Doahh

I just dislike shoot 'em up games
Besides for halo and the other Halo games what good titles are for it that arn't shoot 'em up?
I laughed when my DVD drive didn't play DVD's on the X-Bax witch IMHO is really sad
Old 12-12-2005, 07:37 PM
fastest_ntc3

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

- games cost way less! (they start at about 50 when just released then drop to like $30 2 months later, and keep on dropping)
- you can use a keyboard, wheel, joystick, or controller (which ever you want)
- you can really easily hook it up to a projection TV!
- digital sound rather than analog for most game systems I believe
- upgrade as you go
- can include DVD players that actually work unlike original Xbox and PS2 DVD players
- and there's no blowing on a cartridge, blowing dirt out of the fan...
- computers can be used for other stuff too

Reasons to play games on the Ps2:
- computers get viruses
- computer games take up memory space
- multiplayer is easier to set up on PS2
- PS2 has the best games
- sound quality just as good as a computer with quality stereo equipment
- PS2 may freeze, but computers can crash and all files can be lost
- Games systems are constantly improving (some)
- Only one PS2 needed for multiplayer
- PS2 is a lot cheaper

Reasons to go get the PSP:
- plays games
- plays movies
- mp3 player
- plays videos
- wireless internet
- wireless multiplayer
- portable
- screen is unbelievable

Conclusion: The PS2 and the PSP might not be able to do everything a computer can, but game makers are coming pretty darn close.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Doahh

I'd rather have a comp (And I do) and when you get one good enough with McAffe then that eliminates the virus thing but did you know PSP's can now get viruses?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 PM
R/C fan-addict

well I guess cause they have the online feature thing
Old 12-12-2005, 09:31 PM
michelob78

I went the PC route once, it was OK the "biggest" problem I had was setting the buttons on the controller.... If they went with a universal controller design I think it would have worked out for me. I couldn't stand buying a new game and going through all the hassle of assigning button functions. That was a couple years ago maybe it got better. I use my PS2 for now, It plays DVD's great.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Doahh

the person who had my ps2 set a parental lock so all we can watch are G rated movies on it... anyone know how to get rid of the lock?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 AM
RCnewguy

get rid of the lock by buying a regular DVD player [sm=lol.gif]
just kidding. No clue.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:04 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Hahah NEVER ARGUE PC WITH STUPID CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can hook up my pc to my 50" plazma or my 32" tv in my room and play on them with a joystic...just like a console...BUT way better graphics and I DOWNLOAD ALLL THE FRIKKIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CANNOT BEAT THAT...of course if you are Mr. N00b then you definatly gonna get viruses...otherwise...so far i have only BOUGHT Half-Life 2 and SCCT...Because i was in hurry to play them and could not wait 2 days till i download them...so yeh never argue against pc [:-]

I understand that PC costs a lot, but once you get into it...then its all heaven. But then see I AM A BIG Halo LOVER!! and i had to borrow my friends xbox to play the first halo and 2nd halo...but eventually all the console games make it to pc...even if they dont, then there is soemthing out there that looks like it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10161.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	369336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76167.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	369337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd94009.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	369338  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.