Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, it looks cool
35.00%
No, it takes away from its purpose
35.00%
Whats the big deal its your truck
30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Lowering Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:03 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Trucks

Yes, I had to ask it, my stepdad and I can not see eye to eye on this. I personally love lowered trucks, they are so sleek and clean. Now some things should not be lowered I agree such as jeeps and hummers. I also like lowered diseal dually's [X(] yes I said it lowered dually's what are you guys' opinions
Old 12-13-2005, 11:07 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Lowering Trucks

Well I guess it would depend alot on what you want to use the truck for.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:13 PM
-Inverted-

I love offroading yet I would rather have a slammed truck pulling a buggy or quad than a lifted truck. Just depends on your preferance I guess lol then again im short so lowered trucks are fun for me lol
Old 12-13-2005, 11:30 PM
R/C fan-addict

well I like stepping up like 5 feet to get into a truck but since I dont own one I dont get to do that much... []
I like lowered trucks for the street look but a nice weekend offroader such as a jeep is nice!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:37 PM
-Inverted-

Thats why truckin is the best selling truck magazine, lowered, lifted, and even boats, what could be better
Old 12-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Kemo

trucks are best raised with 31 inch tires on them and darn near stock rims. 500 hp and 4wd... 4 link suspension and all.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:14 AM
-Inverted-

So a truck laying rockers bagged and 4 linked with 20 inch billet rims and low pro tires isnt still a truck or are you saying that lifted is just your favorite style of trucks.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:14 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

most vehicles don't need a lift to fit 31s...almost any stock 4x4, even compact trucks (my Isuzu Trooper and Mitsu Montero are examples, although not pickups) fit 31s stock. 33s will fit on most any current fullsize, even the 4x2s (my buddy's 04 Ram is dropped 4" and is rollin on 33" tall rubber) without a lift. my mall crawler will fit 30x9.5s without any rubbing unless a front wheel is stuffed AND you're almost at the steering lock.

some trucks are so hideous when dropped that they should never be lowered:
any fullsize Ford after 63(?), 94-01 Rams, 73-87 GM fullsizes, and any Toyota or Nissan pickup.

basically, it's easy to remember. 4wd goes up, 2wd goes down
Old 12-14-2005, 12:18 AM
-Inverted-

good point thunderbird, I like mini trucks lowered because mini trucks arent made for hauling dirt, they were made to look cool. I almost cried when I saw a slammed hummer. Boy have hummers changed. Now they are just a money bucket sitting on 28 inch rims and huge sound systems fitted with lcd screens. And the lifted ones never make it off a trail. That H3 is the biggest excuse of a hummer ive ever seen. It sits on a tahoe chassis lol wheres the hummer in that. I miss the good ol' H1
Old 12-14-2005, 12:45 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Actually the H3 is a badass little 4x4. based on the Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon, which is built by Isuzu. Isuzu builds some pretty wicked little rigs, just ask any Trooper owner. the H2 likes to break tie rods, (it's the one based on the GM fullsize truck platform, which are also known for eating steering components off road) but i've been impressed with the two stock H3s i've seen on the trail. I've actually heard about an H2 breaking a tie rod end where I'd easily bounced my Jeep Liberty just a week earlier. I bout died laughing:P
Old 12-14-2005, 12:54 AM
-Inverted-

hmmmmm interesting i really cant stand the H3 and I love hummers. it seems so small and compact, like they threw together a budget hummer. I do like the H3t hummer pickup truck
Old 12-14-2005, 01:07 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

the H3 is small...but it's definitely stout. nothin wrong with a budget hummer, as long as it performs, right?
Old 12-14-2005, 01:13 AM
-Inverted-

lol sure, ive never seen one off the streets. Its usually somebody's mom who wants to look cool or something. I figured when they cut the price they cut the quality. i heard the gas mileage is pretty good though
Old 12-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

most vehicles don't need a lift to fit 31s...almost any stock 4x4, even compact trucks (my Isuzu Trooper and Mitsu Montero are examples, although not pickups) fit 31s stock. 33s will fit on most any current fullsize, even the 4x2s (my buddy's 04 Ram is dropped 4" and is rollin on 33" tall rubber) without a lift. my mall crawler will fit 30x9.5s without any rubbing unless a front wheel is stuffed AND you're almost at the steering lock.

some trucks are so hideous when dropped that they should never be lowered:
any fullsize Ford after 63(?), 94-01 Rams, 73-87 GM fullsizes, and any Toyota or Nissan pickup.

basically, it's easy to remember. 4wd goes up, 2wd goes down
I meant to add some height just because I like to look down at vehicles when I pass them. Not UP at others when others drive their toyota gokarts (prius).

Sadly, I like my ranger. Its a truck that can crawl where some others' full sizes cant get into, through, over or under. Gotta love the tires on it, I have yet to get stuck.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I like them both ways, up in the air or slammed to the ground. I was getting new tires put on my SUV yesterday and while it was on the lift I thought that "Hey, it looks pretty good sitting tall!". Some people want to slam theirs too far down where the frame is scraping the pavement.
You have to consider some things when dropping one like what the road conditions are where you live and the angle of grades going into driveways and such. It takes a lot of work to do a drop, especially over 4". Shorter shocks, cut coils, lowered spindles then a front-end alignment is needed.
Neither of my vehicles are candidates for lowering without a lot of cost. My GMC Jimmy would be a little tough but my Ford Ranger has the twin I-beam front suspension that looks funky when dropped and isn't good on the tires.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:41 PM
mulletman

trucks are built for hauling and towing and off roading(in my opinion )
Old 12-14-2005, 07:45 PM
-Inverted-

AH ron my mom had a jimmy, that sucker was dependable though it always got out of the snow and wouldnt give up without a fight sadly she sold it and only got 500.00 for it. I think slammed without airbags or hydraulics is stupid though, gotta have something to clear the bumps. A ford ranger is one of the toughest trucks to lower because of the twin I beam suspension.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:29 PM
R/C fan-addict

I find the H3 to be a rip off! for 30,000 I'd rather be driving a rubicon!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Doahh

man one RWD truck got stuck on a speed bump a few years ago it was so low... it was pretty funny though
Have you seen the Hummer 'Truck'?
It's a fricking hummer with no roof over the trunk!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:46 PM
R/C fan-addict

I hate how the H3's fenders are over exagerated and how cheap the interior looks
Old 12-14-2005, 09:22 PM
-Inverted-

Now doahh are you talking about the SUT or the H3t the sut or sport utility truck is just how you said with an extremely small bed. H3T has a truck bed. Its a single cab with a sliding electric ragtop roof. It has storage compartments in the side along with a step to the bed. Tires are made by bfgoodrich and nike. Even comes with a winch installed Jeep has that concept I forget what its called its a long bed pickup boy this thing is sweet. Its expected for production by 2007. They have a concept buggy called the hurricane. Carbon fiber body no roof, 4 wheel steering, dual 5.7 liter hemi v8's one in front one in back. It turns on a dime and can switch between 4, 8, 12, or all 16 cylanders. Oh yeahh
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89549.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	370242  
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
mulletman

man love the look of the hurricane, the power of two v8s at our foot(would be so fun)
Old 12-14-2005, 10:59 PM
-Inverted-

Did you just check that out or have you heard about it. Its sweet 0 degree turning radius. Did you happen to catch the video. Man it would be an awesome off road machine. I wish honda would bring back the pilot buggy's those are so fun
Old 12-15-2005, 08:15 AM
mulletman

man those pilots are awsome!
Old 12-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Doahh

The SUT is the ugly one
what's on that H3t's wheels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.