Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

My "Other" hobby along with RC's.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 05:21 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My "Other" hobby along with RC's.

hey guys..thought i'd post a couple of pictures of my other "hobby" that i do , and that's race MX. I actually do this for a living as i train people how to ride and race. I have classes for small kids , and adults as well. I also help train a few guys who have been racing for a while and are trying to get their skills down and become more competitive. I love my job , but it does have it's up's and down's. I have been racing and riding bikes for 28 years , and i never thought i would get to the point of where my nerves are starting to get shot. It's NOT because of getting hurt ( i have broken nearly every friggin' bone in my body once sometimes 2-3 times....HAHA!!) But rather becoming freinds with a bunch of people in the industry including some really bigwigs all the way down to the small kids.......and then seeing them get hurt. I don't have any kids of my own , but i think i have about 200 at the track i manage. It really starts to get to you when your there day in and day out , and seeing the injuries that occur. Anyways...as you can tell by my #503..that's where my user name comes into play. Hope all of you had a great christmas!!

JEFFRO503
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57621.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	375733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17097.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	375734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87162.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	375735  
Old 12-26-2005, 05:33 AM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My "Other" hobby along with RC's.

looks like you Kick Jeff
railing the turns (and almost the fence) plus you look well positioned in that shot with your foot out by the straw bales

even better, that jumping pic has an awesome looking sky in the background [8D]

no more dirtbikes for me, as you already know the injuries caught me up & stopped me riding a while back
Old 12-26-2005, 06:26 AM
sh0wtime

ORIGINAL: JEFFRO503

...as you can tell by my #503..that's where my user name comes into play.
my user name also came from my Motocross days Jeff !

found a pic of my old helmet

the bikes are all gone now though [&o]

Name:	Wu60286.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	375737  
Old 12-26-2005, 10:54 AM
thopper

MX is the most physically hard thing I have ever done. 15 min on a race machine is brutal on the arms, legs, back etc. I never had the strenght or endurance and i am in good shape. Quads are easier and rc is the easiest yet for an old guy. Great pics. I am curious, what kind of insurance to you carry, how much is it? There is an indoor kart track in Fullerton Ca. (close to home) I have often wondered about the injury thing and some jerk suing them.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:21 AM
mgtman

im with you guys i love mx some shooting in between also the jump and the results of a bad landing in the marshes

Name:	Tr49988.jpg
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	375795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57618.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	375796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jp32683.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	375797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11113.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	375798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc41977.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	375799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Br12044.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	375800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ln12107.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	375801  
Old 12-26-2005, 12:49 PM
brokeneck

My username also came from my mx days.......I rode dirtbikes since I was 5 years old, started off on a honda z 50..started racing at age 13... I broke my neck(c5,6) when I was 15(im 21 now)...Im now paralyzed from nipples down...no triceps, no finger movements and no movement or feeling below nipples...I get around in a powerchair...Something I did and loved all my life did this to me...Its still hard to think about it to this day but life must roll on...the reason I love this hobby so much is its the closes I'll ever get to that rush I used to get from racing mx...
Old 12-26-2005, 12:59 PM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

Nice!!! I grew up racing MX in Southern California. I started in 1980 til about 89 to give BMX a more serious try and went Pro for a few year til I went ot College.
I use to help kids out at my local track as well, but it couldn't pay the bills so I headed off another route.
Iwanted to make a living in the MX industry, but it didn't materialize. I still got hook ups at my old sponsor and hit the local track with my 6 year old son. He gets all the riding time now while I drive RC's around...lol.

here's some pic.. All my 80's racing pic's are in pictures adn I haven't scanned them. man I use to love that JT bones gear that I wore.

Name:	In27028.jpg
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	375845  
Attached Images   
Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 AM
nitro666

hahahhahahah i fell sorry for all of you that have broken bones lol i havnt broken a bone in my body yet lol. i ride a cr 125 and race on trails wich i finde gives me more of a rish than a x track cuz ur like 1 foot away from trees doing 90 kph "i live in canada"
Old 12-27-2005, 04:33 AM
sh0wtime

trail riding is good recreation
but NOTHING like lining up with 40 other guys who all want to make the Holeshot [>:]
there is a LOT of rough & tumble associated with racing!
if you see somebody laying down in a corner when racing you ride over him & use him for grip [>:]
Old 12-27-2005, 11:47 AM
David D

You can race on trails too it is called enduro racing, and you race on a trail instead of a track.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:48 AM
brokeneck

ORIGINAL: nitro666

hahahhahahah i fell sorry for all of you that have broken bones lol i havnt broken a bone in my body yet lol. i ride a cr 125 and race on trails wich i finde gives me more of a rish than a x track cuz ur like 1 foot away from trees doing 90 kph "i live in canada"

what a dickhead[sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 12-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: brokeneck

My username also came from my mx days.......I rode dirtbikes since I was 5 years old, started off on a honda z 50..started racing at age 13... I broke my neck(c5,6) when I was 15(im 21 now)...Im now paralyzed from nipples down...no triceps, no finger movements and no movement or feeling below nipples...I get around in a powerchair...Something I did and loved all my life did this to me...Its still hard to think about it to this day but life must roll on...the reason I love this hobby so much is its the closes I'll ever get to that rush I used to get from racing mx...
how do u type and drive rc then?
Old 12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
brokeneck

ORIGINAL: the killer

ORIGINAL: brokeneck

how do u type and drive rc then?
I type with my pinky nuckle...
as for how I drive rc my dad built a lap board and my controler straps to the top of it..
Old 12-27-2005, 02:36 PM
sh0wtime

ORIGINAL: evaderstman

You can race on trails too it is called enduro racing, and you race on a trail instead of a track.

i've raced enduro's too & racing against a clock is NOTHING like lining up with 30 other riders who all want the holeshot