Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

how do you come a monter??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Rob6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you come a monter??

how do you become a monter?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: how do you come a monter??

Being bitten on the neck by a vampire or scratched by a wolf is said to have the ability to turn you into a monster. Also drinking fluids that change your personality, having your DNA mixed with that of a snake, or trying to teleport through space with a fly will turn you into a monster. Having teenagers in the house will turn you into a monster. Those are the ones that I can think of right off the bat. Why would you want to become a monster? You will outgrow the teen years shortly and those feelings will go away. Just bear with it.

( For those who might be humor-challenged)
Old 12-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Rob6

ok? ya ok ill take that but really
Old 12-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Doahh

whta's a monter?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Rob6

OK sorry Moderator do you have to be a plandom member
Old 12-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Doahh

YOU don't
Old 12-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Rob6

ok then how do you become a Moderator
Old 12-28-2005, 06:08 PM
XXT-CRer

its sorta like building a house, you get a bunch of boards first, then a bunch of nails. begin by nailing 2 boards together, then nail more onto those. keep a careful watch on your project, as you continue to nail boards together you will notice it will start to look a doghouse, but dont stop. just keep on nailing them together, and keep a close eye on it. then, when it looks like a house ,,,stop. return the unused boards to home depot for a refund. be careful to stop when it looks like a house. if you dont it will start to look like something bigger, like a church or mall or something, and who wants to live at church or the mall.

ps.good one lightfoot, i have a similar sense of humor, and im still rollin on that!

on a side note, i believe that being bitten by any type of monster, given enough time, will turn you into said monster, except for dragons and kingkong. either of those would most likely be fatal, unless it was just on the finger or something. but even this could become infected if not properly treated.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Good spelling helps and knowledge of the English language. Of course, knowing a lot about R/C in your specialty helps too but mostly knowing the rules.
When an opening comes up, the Administrators or Community Moderators will make a thread looking for help. They may ask for the applicant to be over 18 but a lot of us are much older (I'm 53, only in my body).
When you become a Moderator, you are automatically upgraded to Platinum membership but I don't use any of the extra privileges.
Seeing how your screen name is boat racer, I don't know if that's what you're really into. Currently I'm the only person with the Boat Moderator title but I do have others who help me out when I'm unavailable, like during my working hours. Yes, I have a real job that pays the bills and this is an unpaid position except for the occasional swag like a T-shirt, hat and decals.
It's mostly about enforcing the rules and at times having to interpret them. Moderators only have Super Powers only in the forums that they take care of and no where else on the site. I can report a violation to the forum Mod, just like what you can outside of my jurisdiction.
Post intelligently, don't start arguments and in general be a good member as when there is an opening, there will be other Mod's to back you up as a reference. I think that those in the power of making you a Mod will look at your postings.
most of the people that I have to watch over are pretty good people which makes my job a lot easier. In the little over 1-1/2 years that I've been doing this, I may have requested to have 3 people banned and those were people who kept breaking the RCU policies in every one of their postings. You win some friends and lose the bad apples that try to make things hard for the good ones.
I had one new member to the site that I know personally and had to delete his first posting as the rules here are different than many others. Too many people when they sign up don't bother to read them. I give them a little space because they are new here but nicely explain what they did wrong. I've had to learn tact also as before I really wasn't exactly the most tactful person around.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Doahh

I am the youngest mod at 18

and RO you do too use a platinum feature... You have two lines in your sig!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Rob6

Thanks Ron Olson that's what i needed to know.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Doahh

ALso to be a normal user of the site helps too. You have to come on every day and read every thread so you better have lots o time on your hands
Old 12-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Rob6

oh i have a lot of time(ifim not running the r/c's).