Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Can't add an avitar.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:22 AM
brettos01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't add an avitar.

Do I need to be a financial member to add an avitar to my posts.

Regards Brettos.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Nocturnal

Default RE: Can't add an avitar.

Nope, you need a photo editor to get the avitar/photo down to the correct size requirement. Any ole photo editor will do. I think you can do it with Windows Paint.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You can use an avatar from the ones in stock or create your own if you keep it in good taste (we get a lot of obscene or inappropriate ones). It may have to be resized to fit in but it will let you know if it is too large.
If you don't like the ones that this site has, there are many sites where you can get avatars of just about anything.
I've used the program from Kodak that I can do cropping and changing the size of the shots with down to thumbnail or avatar size amongst other picture tricks. Others made be found in the program that came with your digital camera. I just like the Kodak one because I'm no computer hot-shot.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:50 PM
brettos01

Must have been a problem with the site.
I tried it a few times yesterday and after I broused to the pic and tried to download it a window came up saying the site was unavailable, please try again later.
Today i tried it again, using the same method and it worked.

Thanks guys.

Regards Brettos.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Ron Olson

I like to change my avatars from time to time as I get tired of them after a while. I find mine in some different places or you can get others by doing a search for something like "free avatars" to find one that you like.
There are some rules for avatars on this site for those in search of a new or unique one. First, it must not be offensive. No nudity unless it is considered airplane nose art. No jiggling breasts, even if it is anime/cartoon. No drug pix like a pot leaf or worse. There are others that we do question for taste and if they are appropriate for this site so we ask the higher-ups for their opinion. Those in offense are first asked to remove it. If that isn't done, one of the higher ranking Mod's will take care of it.
One that has come up recently is advertisers using their logos in their avatars. If they are a paying advertiser, it's OK. If you own a business and don't pay for advertising in here, you can't place your logo in your avatar.
I my end up by moving this to the OT forum but will leave it here for now but will leave a link for others to follow that may have the same questions soon.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:23 PM
brettos01

I guess mines OK then.
Thanks for the help.

Regards Brettos.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Ron Olson

Yours is fine, I had one almost like it when I first became a Mod. Mine was banging his head on the keyboard.
I thought that I'd add the extra stuff to others that are reading your thread as these questions do come up.
We actually have more problems with signatures than we do with avatars.