Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more
Reload this Page >

A little friendly advice. Please don't chase animals with your rc nitro or electric toys!!

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

A little friendly advice. Please don't chase animals with your rc nitro or electric toys!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 03:53 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A little friendly advice. Please don't chase animals with your rc nitro or electric toys!!

I know most of you don't do this, but just for a few that do, DON"T!! Animals should not be scared for our joy or pleasure with our rc toys. They have feelings to, and i would never chase my animals or anyone elses. It also gives our hobby a bad reputation.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2006, 04:02 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A little friendly advice. Please don't chase animals with your rc nitro or electric toys!!

What about when the animals chase our R/C trucks? LOL... my bro-in-law's dog LOVES to chase my Revo and nip at the tires... so, I chase him back... and nip at his heels.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Anomie

Default RE: A little friendly advice. Please don't chase animals with your rc nitro or electric toys!!

My cats used to chase my electric rigs all over the place. Sometimes even clawing at the tires when they got close!

My cats aside, I also think unless the animals want to play around (if they are already going after the thing), we should leave them alone.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:04 PM
cman9toes

Hey Silverman,
What spurred this public service annoucement?
You sound as if this comes from experience.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya really? i chase my dog, it chases my truck, and i truely enjoys it! i guess you shouldnt chase other peoples pets!
but i truely hate squirrels.....im not sure i would be able to control my self if i saw one and thought i had a chance!!
one chewed a hole in the seat of my moto guzzi! they will pay.....[:@]
Old 01-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Infinite Gundam

That is if you can catch the real culprits, cage (aka jail) them for a day or two then release them, don't hurt them and other innocent squirrels though.

I think it's alright if your animals like to chase after and be chased by your r/c, just take care not to hurt them in any way, because what appears to be a small and light impact can actually cause internal injuries, especially to small animals.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:53 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

So lets say the neighbors dog is taking a dump on my lawn, should I chase it away with A. one of my cars or B. one of my pellet guns?

Just kidding, but as you can see, chasing an animal with a RC car is not always bad depending on the situation.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:50 AM
Haldir

ORIGINAL: jakjr

So lets say the neighbors dog is taking a dump on my lawn, should I chase it away with A. one of my cars or B. one of my pellet guns?

Just kidding, but as you can see, chasing an animal with a RC car is not always bad depending on the situation.

Personally I'd shoot it, I don't wan't it's guts all over my truck so of course I wouldn't.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:56 AM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Well I have never gotten the chance to take on a animal. once my garage door opens they all run and hide. and if I got an electric inside I can bump my dog all day and he wont move.[:@]
Old 01-04-2006, 01:59 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya its pretty tough to sneak up on critters with a nitro rc! lol
i used to do alot of downhill mountain biking, and when going down a trail at 40+ ya sometimes hit squirrels! ive ran over a couple myself...and rattlesnakes. once a buddy had one strike at him as he passed but it ended up hitting the rear wheel and getting yard saled all over the trail! he kept the rattle!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:10 PM
PillowPants

...save a tree, eat a beaver!
Old 01-04-2006, 07:54 PM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

this subject reminds me of the time I was at my LHS and this kid about 15 brought his tmaxx in with a threaded portion mounted to the front bumper. I was like " hey what is that for ? " and he said it mounted an archery razor broadhead. So we gave him a hard time for about an hour, but he never took it off!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:49 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

you are all so lucky, my dog is scared of even my electric crawler, the damn thing goes 3 mph, he a big bulky tough jack russel who will spear you for no reason at all, hes a mean sum***** and i love him but hes so scred of my toys
Old 01-04-2006, 11:19 PM
The_Collector

My German Shepard is one quick son of a gun. It's a challenge to maneuver around the field when he is in hot pursuit. When he runs it down and flips it over, I get it going again and he expects it to chase him then. He will do this for at least an hour non-stop. It's fun, but can be costly. Last time he was nipping at it and tore my antenna aerial, which sent my Ultima into a tree (full bore of course), costing me a new chassis plate. Oh well.[:@]
Old 01-04-2006, 11:28 PM
NITROHOLICS ANONYMOUS

Neat doors dog is a pain in the neck, and i cant wait to chase it!!! It reckons its so tough but it will whimper away soon enough, although i would never hurt it!!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:37 PM
revo=fast

my little BROTHER chases my revo, it weried though, becaue he like to chase it while hes driving it,TALK ABOUT TIEING A CARROT IN FRONT OF A DONKEY.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:40 PM
A.B.U

Ok silver, whyd ya run into your neighbors pet? And what extense of damage did you inflect upon it??? LOL
Old 01-05-2006, 01:04 AM
RayRayraycer20

My Boxer will not leave my trucks alone. Everytime I even start to work on them she is in my tail, wanting me to fire them up... My wife and I call it dog fitness....no club's to join....Just a good ol' workout for the dog tryin to catch em'...It keep's me on my game too...
I love the challenge of losing her....The only time she get's me is when I run out of gas...or power....
Old 01-05-2006, 09:25 AM
CadillacDTS2001

if im driving my mini t in the hous and i stop my cat literly walks over it and layse down on it so u cant move it nor can u see it cept the front tires
Old 01-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Rising Storm 666

My dog loves to chase my Rising Storm all over the yard [>:]. He goes crazy as soon as he sees me pick it up. Although my cats run away as soon as they see me grab it. As for chasing them I agree that is just not right, going full speed and hitting them can really hurt them
Old 01-05-2006, 03:32 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

omg! all of this is jsut too funny.....lol only incident i had was some sort of bird(dont remember what it was) up my street with its back turned and i go chasin it with my nitro! and the thing starts to get scared when i was like 10 feet away and it flew away! lol it as quite funny though
Old 01-05-2006, 04:20 PM
ssj2

I dont have to worry cuz do you think a guinea pig is gonna even come close to my Mammoth ST, he's freaked even if he's inside the house and Im outside driving my truck.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:16 PM
minimus

my lab watches me run mine through the door. i havent let her out with it yet but i might try it whe i am running again. she always stands there and barks at it so i gues she would chase it.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 AM
A.B.U

I hit a squirrel dead on with my Rustler. ROFL! I didnt mean to though.. quite hilarious, cause it was like a speed bump.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

These two squirrels were trying to get it on right in the road, and i nailed one of em with my buggy on accident cuz they ran right infront of me at the last possible second.. My dogs are too scared of my stuff to chase it. Once it comes near them they're gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.