Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Does anyone do any real rock crawling/mudding

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Scootter76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone do any real rock crawling/mudding

Looking at all of the modded up RC's has got a different fire lit under my butt. I have a '79 Ford Bronco that I have been wanting to turn into an off road play toy for some time now. I have decided to do 4 links front and rear. I want to get it done so I can go play in Moab. I used to climb, crawl, mud and bash my old stepside Ford, but I finally broke her and last year I sold her.

So now I need to get it together and get my Bronco ready for off road. Does anyone else out there do fullsized off roading when you're not to busy with your RC stuff?

Scootter
Old 01-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Bootz555_666

Default RE: Does anyone do any real rock crawling/mudding

I do A lot of mudin and climbin. Ive got a 91 GMC 1500 With 3 inch body lift sittin on 35x14.50x15s.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:30 PM
R/C fan-addict

I'm not old enough to drive but I've always wanted a 2001 red Ford F-150 4wd with a V6 supercrew stepside. Then I'd put a 1 or 2" lift on it and some 30" tires, a plow, a sweet sound system, huge exhaust headers , and a hard cover for the bed
Old 01-18-2006, 09:08 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I'm on my 4th or 5th 4x4, depending on your definition of 4x4 (I don't count my 86 Civic WagoVan 4wd, some do, LOL)

started out with an 82 Jeep CJ-7 in 1997, sold it in '01 (stupidest thing i ever did), and 6 months later I got my 89 Isuzu Trooper. about 2 years later, I got my '91 Mitsubishi Montero for free, got it running, and sold it a year later (For $2700). After being 4x4-less for just over a year, I got my 02 Jeep Liberty 4x4 back in October. Have the lift, just need some new wheels and tires. Just sold my T-bird (I know I'll regret it), and I'm pickin up a G body El Camino sometime this spring/summer for a project (something short-term, just a motor swap and a little paint, long term projects tend to piss me off-why I sold the T-bird)

here's a pic from the KJ's maiden voyage (and I could have easily NOT have gotten stuck, had I been a tad more agressive with the throttle and a little better at picking a line)

Old 01-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Scootter76

Cool, I have an old VHS of me beating the piss out of my '81 Stepside Ford. Jumping and mudding and just generally beating her up. If I could ever figure out how to transfer it to digital I'd post it just for grins. I can't wait to get my Bronco going and do some off roading.

Scootter
Old 01-18-2006, 10:35 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

get yourself a decent video card with RCA inputs, and hook your VCR up to your computer and record it