Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Girlfriends getting pissed

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 06:02 PM
R/C Crazy808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girlfriends getting pissed

She's saying that I have too much R/C stuff and its taking up all the space in my room. I wanna by something new but? already have a rc18t, Mini t, mini lst, 2x t-rex450xl(heli) , hirobo lama(heli), and a kyosho fw-05r
Old 01-19-2006, 06:08 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

Default RE: Girlfriends getting pissed

And this was posted why?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:09 PM
APEXdriver89

well...ur girlfriend needs to learn to deal with who u r...a frikin rc fiend haha...i would just get it and see what she says...and just keep it anyway...
Old 01-19-2006, 06:09 PM
hugo69

Dude, why don't you put up shelves? One wall, a few shelves, and there you go! Or get rid of the girlfriend.[sm=biggrin.gif]
Ofna, sometimes we just feel like chatting. Some of us don't have any friends.lol. It's nice to talk sometimes just to be friendly.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:20 PM
jiggerinc

probably a little older than some on this board, but not "old" yet, I swear... Anyway, get what you want. If your girlfriend can't deal with your hobbies, it'll never work out anyway. Might as well get about finding a better match... but in all liklihood its a feeble attempt to exert some control over ya, and it's definitely in your best interests to plan carefully where you let that happen. But the shelves and/or cabinets sound like a good idea. No sense in being sloppy...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
J_D

Wow, weird posts here guys - Telling him to ditch the gf cos she doesn;t like RC?

If i had to choose between my gf and RC, I would definately choose the gf 100%

She's probably not angry that ur getting another, shes probably more upset that you don;t spend as much time with her, as with ur Rc's.
Or something...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:50 PM
jiggerinc

gotta frame that scenario a little better. why are you having to choose between the gf and rc? If she's being held hostage and the only way to save her is to give up all your RC, then sure! But if she's standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips saying either I go or the RC goes... well, picking the gf is probably the worst thing to do. If you keep her, you're only going to harbor resentment for being made to give up something you enjoy, and that'll come out one way or another. I'm also basing this on his comment that she said "you have too much RC stuff"... and not "you aren't spending enough time with me." If its the latter, then yeah.. relationships need lots of time, so you're always going to be giving up time to have a successful relationship.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:52 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

JD, if a girl told me it's her or the RC stuff...she's gone.

if she can't accept him the way he is, and wants him to change because of one little hobby, then how the hell is she gonna feel if he takes a job she doesn't like?

quite frankly, i'd tell her if she has that much of a problem with it, [Get Out] and don't let the door hit you on the way out
Old 01-19-2006, 09:55 PM
ssj2

I definately agree with ThunderBirdJunkie, its your RC stuff and last time i checked you have freedom to do what you want in this country. Its your stuff, do what you want man.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:58 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I have a question...
do you live with this broad?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: R/C Crazy808
She's saying that I have too much R/C stuff and its taking up all the space in my room. I wanna by something new but? already have a rc18t, Mini t, mini lst, 2x t-rex450xl(heli) , hirobo lama(heli), and a kyosho fw-05r
I'm guessing that you don't live in the "same" room or even together since if you did, I'd hope you could have room for your own stuff since she would have seemed to already have taken over the entire place. And if you don't live together, who really cares what she thinks about what is in your room unless she simply wants to do something in that single room that could either be done somewhere else or shouldn't be done at all if you have to ask a question like the one on this thread.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Midget

and how much RC'S do you have Tigger N. Bennie
Old 01-19-2006, 11:02 PM
J_D

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

JD, if a girl told me it's her or the RC stuff...she's gone.

if she can't accept him the way he is, and wants him to change because of one little hobby, then how the hell is she gonna feel if he takes a job she doesn't like?

quite frankly, i'd tell her if she has that much of a problem with it, [Get Out] and don't let the door hit you on the way out
Yea, I agree with what your saying, But What i ment, is that my GF is far more important to me than RC.

But yea, She would never say that "me or the rc, choose" Because then you know theres something wrong lol.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:08 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

if i were to simply make a decision between the two...yeah sure, girlfriend is more important. but if this is THAT important to her, ESPECIALLY if they don't live together, send her packing. if he caves, she'll see that as a weakness, and that she has power over him.

unless someone else is payin the bills, don't let that person dictate how you live
Old 01-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Actually guys, with some people, hobbies can become an obsession, and it can really strain a relationship. Myself, I have a hobby of having hobbies, and it annoys my wife to no end. I've kicked the habit somewhat, but we both know it's only a matter of time till I'm on to something. She isn't going to give me an ultimatum, that's a respect thing, but she can and will express how unhappy she is when I ignore her.

Now, show of hands... How many people giving this wonderful advice have ever actually had a girlfriend or been in a serious relationship? hmm?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

*hand*

almost got married, too.

good thing I dodged THAT bullet (with that particular wench)
Old 01-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My wife doesn't mind as long as the bills get paid first. I've got somewhere around 9 boats right now and a couple of R/C cars that my son messes with. When we hit an out-of-town race, she enjoys the peace and quiet around the crib.
BTW, my wife also used to race trucks and the boats a few times. I've built her a truck and boat that were both hers to race.
I've had a few other toys in my time that she got into, a dune buggy that she would get airborne at the dunes and would take my Bass boat out for cruises.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:59 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

well....if she doesnt put out then get rid of her.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:07 AM
michelob78

I already got a divorce chalked up, don't ask me for advice....... you are NEVER gonna understand them. The only thing I could say is encourage her to do something she likes, at least when she rags on you about it you will have something to counter with, besides if she is off at some interior decorating thing or another that gives you perfect opportunity to get out the rc's

The new gf definately takes it better than the ex, maybe that is why I am happier. I am like SM though, I pick up new hobbies all the time.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:05 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

only hobbies i've ever had is where either going fast or making noise or breakin stuff is involved.

RC and four wheelin are all three, so they've been my main points of focus the last..oh...decade:P

my "major" ex always complained about my "stupid little cars" until she saw my beater Stampede run. then she saw the nitro junk, and thought it was way cool, LOL.

however, she had hobbies that she kept under wraps, that I REALLY didn't like because of legal/moral reasons...and that's what happened there.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:10 AM
J_D

*shows hand* been with my gf for 5 and a half years so far, thinking about getting engaged soon.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:20 AM
R/C Crazy808

only cause I wanna buy another 18th scale truck....just not sure which one
Old 01-20-2006, 12:19 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: J_D

*shows hand* been with my gf for 5 and a half years so far, thinking about getting engaged soon.
You shouldn't have to THINK about it after five years, man!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Agent Midget
and how much RC'S do you have Tigger N. Bennie
All you have to do is check "MyModels" and yes, I have been in serious relationships. The difference is whether one wants to control, be controlled, or compromise. However, there are no compromises when ultimatums are given and if ultimatums are made, the person making the ultimatum needs to be able to face the music when the other person makes a choice. If that means, leave packing, it means leave packing.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:09 PM
J_D

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: J_D

You shouldn't have to THINK about it after five years, man!
Yea - I have to THINK about how I'm gunna afford it lol

I'm 20, and i wanna finish my uni degree first and have a good job too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.