Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
Import - honda, toyota, ricer (people in favor of toyota in nascar)
21.37%
Muscle
78.63%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Muscle or Import

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 01:24 AM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muscle or Import

NTC3, thats the problem with the question, technically any exotic in the US is an "import". But when you hear import you think civic/toyota/nissan. ill admit I do like the 350z, NSX, and rx-8, other then those im not a fan of the ricer style vehicles.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:29 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

ORIGINAL: cadillac_kid28

It has been performed quite a few times actually, in a straight drag mclaren has it although not by much, but on the track the saleen owns it because the handling is way better as is the aerodynamics. The saleen can drive upside down at 150mph the body is that aerodynamic.
Whoa I know F1 cars can drive upside down at those speeds but a S7?! Nice thats pretty crazy.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:34 AM
-Inverted-

If only I just happened to have 400 grand laying around....
Old 03-02-2006, 01:36 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

How about the Buggatti Veryon? Im sure thats a competitor to the saleen except the Buggatti looks pretty bad...
Old 03-02-2006, 01:42 AM
-Inverted-

Bugatti Veyron is ugly, and cost more then twice as much over 1,000,000. Does anybody actually own one of those, I havent even heard of a celebrity that owned one. Chryslers ME 4-12 looked promising but due to funds they bailed out of it, that woulda been a nice american supercar.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:30 AM
A.B.U

Agh.. ok look people..

Ferrari, Lambo's, Bugati, etc.. = Exotic
Honda, Nissan, Toyota.. = Import

BUT.. either or.. they're all imports.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:38 AM
ofnaDOMINATION!

Anything that is in the price range of the normal person is an Import. (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru?, Mitsu, Rice rockets)
Anything that, when you drive by one or a dealership, you turn your head and go "Oooooooooo" or that is $150,000 and up is an Exotic
Bugatti Veyron is ugly, and cost more then twice as much over 1,000,000. Does anybody actually own one of those, I havent even heard of a celebrity that owned one. Chryslers ME 4-12 looked promising but due to funds they bailed out of it, that woulda been a nice american super
The Bugatti Veyron is not overly expensive, the price is inline with the engineering and power behind it. It's all hand made, remember. Also, the ME 4-12 lookeed nice, but it was never going to be made. I had no doubts. It's Chrysler, the most exotic car they make is the Crossfire, and tht's not exotic at all!
Also, if you want an american supercar, try a Saleen S7 Twin Turbo or a Mosler.

On topic, I volted Muscle because there is nothing like the sound of your engine fireing up. Listen to the old Hemi's and then listen to the new Hemi's and tell me which is cooler. The old ones! I can't impersonate it. And Chip Foose is bringing all of the old muscles back to life. He's already got a Camero on the market or being worked on.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:11 AM
-Inverted-

The new hemi's kinda suck, theres a reason chrysler put it on almost all of their vehicles. My stepdad thinks hes "cool" because he has a "hemi" [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-02-2006, 11:50 AM
gunnut

dude new hemis don't suck! they put out decent power!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:56 PM
chadchm8

hemis arent anything they used to be

i guess i phrased the question wrong. When i say import, i mean toyota and other japanese coffee can cars. I meant this poll to ask (in your price range) what do you want- imps or muscle. I know a true exotic is out of all of our price ranges. And i don't call audi/lexus an exotic.

Also, to the guy who said muscle cars suck, tell me where you live and i will leave the doors of your car (which i am sure that 17 inch diameter exhaust was a lot of work) laying on the ground. My car (according to similar cars+engines 1/4 mile times) should run low 9 second runs. Most exotics are believe it or not in the 15 second range. If you dont believe me, look. exotics are meant for top speed and handling not torque.[link=http://www.dragtimes.com/Ferrari--Testarossa-Drag-Racing.html]look here[/link]
[link=http://www.dragtimes.com/Ferrari-Enzo-Timeslip-4054.html]and here[/link] [link=http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche--911-Turbo-Drag-Racing.html]also here[/link] the 911 is the only impressive time i see. that is a turbo. my car will run that with nothing more than a carburetor

anyone who votes against muscle cars obviously hasn't ridden or driven one because the feel of the power is like nothing else. everyone on the street is intimidated by you, and you can have lots of fun leaving traffic lights
Old 03-02-2006, 02:14 PM
chadchm8

oh, by the way, i would rather ride a BICYCLE than drive an IMPORT!! who doesnt want an exotic?

[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner]THIS IS THE MOST TRUTHFUL DEFINITION I HAVE EVER SEEN!![/link]
AND THAT IS WHY THEY ARE POINTLESS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15287.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	418782  
Old 03-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Nitro Fumes

Although my current car is a '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST which I should add is built in Normal. IL my next car (which I will be purchasing in a couple of months) will be a Dodge Magnum R/T. So I voted MUSCLE! I also build plastic car model kits and expcept for a Toyota Land cruiser I don't have any other Jap cars in my collection. Mainly muscle cars, mostlt Mopar muscle cars. I do have Ferraris and Porsches and classics too.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Nitro Fumes

Wow, is that car tacky! Go check out a site called "Strange Cosmos". They have pictures of the most rediculous looking cars from Japan. You should see the vans they drive too.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:47 PM
gunnut

ORIGINAL: Nitro Fumes

Wow, is that car tacky! Go check out a site called "Strange Cosmos". They have pictures of the most rediculous looking cars from Japan. You should see the vans they drive too.
haha
aww man don't even get me started on those retarded little vans they drive [:'(][sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 03-02-2006, 04:38 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

ORIGINAL: chadchm8

oh, by the way, i would rather ride a BICYCLE than drive an IMPORT!! who doesnt want an exotic?

[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner]THIS IS THE MOST TRUTHFUL DEFINITION I HAVE EVER SEEN!![/link]
agreed... thats is very but not all japanese import cars are like that....
Old 03-02-2006, 04:46 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

hemis arent anything they used to be

i guess i phrased the question wrong. When i say import, i mean toyota and other japanese coffee can cars. I meant this poll to ask (in your price range) what do you want- imps or muscle. I know a true exotic is out of all of our price ranges. And i don't call audi/lexus an exotic.

Also, to the guy who said muscle cars suck, tell me where you live and i will leave the doors of your car (which i am sure that 17 inch diameter exhaust was a lot of work) laying on the ground. My car (according to similar cars+engines 1/4 mile times) should run low 9 second runs. Most exotics are believe it or not in the 15 second range. If you dont believe me, look. exotics are meant for top speed and handling not torque.[link=http://www.dragtimes.com/Ferrari--Testarossa-Drag-Racing.html]look here[/link]
[link=http://www.dragtimes.com/Ferrari-Enzo-Timeslip-4054.html]and here[/link] [link=http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche--911-Turbo-Drag-Racing.html]also here[/link] the 911 is the only impressive time i see. that is a turbo. my car will run that with nothing more than a carburetor

anyone who votes against muscle cars obviously hasn't ridden or driven one because the feel of the power is like nothing else. everyone on the street is intimidated by you, and you can have lots of fun leaving traffic lights
The Enzo runs 15s? LAUGH OUT LOUD. Thats the funniest thing I heard all day and it has been a long day! bauahahhaa wow get educated before you post. Still Id take a Ferrari or 911 over some your chevy or w/e you have. I would love to see your car take on a Nismo Z Tune Skyline on a circuit which you probably dont even know what series/specs on that car are. What do you pull on the skidpad? .045? LOL most likely since you only care about power. Power is nothing without control.

EDIT: You like NASCAR....NASCAR is american. Did you ever watch F1. F1 is mostly european and their cars would RUN circles around your nascars that have no point to them as they go in circles. Your the typical american only caring about power but not taking other things into perspective. such as braking handling aerodynamics...
Old 03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
ssj2

I'm goin with muscle cuz they're more "oldies" and vintage, but I don't really mind tuner either. Muscle has more power usually too.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:03 PM
A.B.U

And uh.. why would you rather have an exotic? Whatcha gonna do when it gets totalled? Ya know they have super high insurance costs.. right?
Old 03-02-2006, 06:11 PM
chadchm8

F1=Gokarts on steroids.

And power is more fun than what you say. Oh, by the way, do you own an Enzo lolololololololololoooser? you go find the 1/4 mile time and show me and american car that can't blow the doors off it
Go muscle!!
Do you happen to live in USA? if you do, you sure aren't a model american

also, when i said who doesnt want an exotic, i meant that it would be fun to go out on a track once in a while. A muscle car is what i would rather be seen in.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:12 PM
A.B.U

F1=Gokarts on steroids.

And power is more fun than what you say. Oh, by the way, do you own an Enzo lolololololololololoooser? you go find the 1/4 mile time and show me and american car that can't blow the doors off it
Go muscle!!
Do you happen to live in USA? if you do, you sure aren't a model american

also, when i said who doesnt want an exotic, i meant that it would be fun to go out on a track once in a while. A muscle car is what i would rather be seen in.
LOL. We have the fastest car anyways.. that Chrysler.. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:00 PM
-Inverted-

WRONG! Saleen s7 twin turbo does 0-60 in 2.2 seconds, but it is also American made.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: cadillac_kid28

WRONG! Saleen s7 twin turbo does 0-60 in 2.2 seconds, but it is also American made.
Oooh I didn't know the S7 was as quick as that Chrysler! Well.. Ferrari made a car that does 0-60 in 2.3 seconds..

I guess America still has the Gold!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:28 PM
-Inverted-

Are you thinking of the Ferrari FXX? It sure is nice, only about 20 were made though. They ran for $2,000,000 though. It was a fine piece of machine though. Of all the exotics I would have to say my favorite is porsche. They are fast but what I like is they can be found on the street. I mean its not very often you see a ferrari, lamborghini, or saleen s7 coming down the street. Gotta love the porsche sound. I was at a car show and they had a porsche with a chevy engine in it.... [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 03-02-2006, 08:36 PM
A.B.U

Hmm.. I like the Ford GT. 521 HP I think it has! and the new Corvette has 505 HP.. More than enough for the streets!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:57 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea your cars fast on a strip but try a track, its not all a straight line ya know, you'd get your doors blown off after you get your tears blown off after you cry from a defeat from a GSX. Exotics serve no purpose to me. There fast but who makes them fast? Not you? The handle on rails but who does it? Not you. So its not too satifying when you have a Gallardo (Gy yar doe) and you get a 10sec run time but a Supra gets a 10sec. run time also, its more fun to make your car fast rather than to buy it fast.
What about those F-650's!?!!? Those things are TOURQUEY!! I want one soo bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.