Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Don't you hate it when...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Don't you hate it when...

Taylor, I've been there almost every time that I go to my practice pond. One line that really got me was a kid whose total experience was "I drove my cousins Radio Shack car once!". I'm sure that I'm going to just hand over the transmitter to my $1,000.00 boat to him.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 03-16-2006, 11:16 AM
CadillacDTS2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron,
well that just sumerized my who story, lol, same goes with my boats, they may not be the best or be the most expensive but a couple of my boat are geting up there , but i wouldnt let a little kid drive them, now fortuniltly there are no little kids at my condo to bug me but then a gain i kinda miss there ewws and awws wacthing the car and boats go by,
at out club in barrie is a bout 35 members all over 40 except me and well they dont like to go fast (one does lol) and they have tug boats and relly scale boat, i bet you when all of our member are at the pond thre is over 30,000 dollars worth of scale boats like its crazy
and litttle kid come with there dad and look around and touch the boats (with sighns B-side them that says "do not touch") a little kid comes over to one of the older gentel men and says "wow sir you have a very nice boat can i play with it, i think my lego men will fit on it " and then he says thank you but no you may not "play" with it the little kid say "why" and then he says well you see there is a thing called exprence and you need that to operat these boats so you now who to manuver them and not crash them.
well while the older gentel men was talking to the kid, his boat got rite in the way of your sail boat race and because it was far out there is little depth preception, so 3 sail boats hit this scale boat and then we all told the older gentel men, and he looked up and relized that while talking to the kid that all the side railing of the boat and the cadin and the paint was all scratech and broken.
and he brought it back and he says to the kid "see thast why i dont let any one drive it cuz that will happen" lol
Old 03-16-2006, 02:14 PM
-Inverted-

Iceman, I thought that only poor spelling was a problem in the USA. Edit or spell check can only fix so much. To me it appears that teenagers must either think that it's cool to spell words poorly or else it's a problem with our education systems. Sorry to vent but I'm a person who carried an A- in spelling throughout all 13 years of school (including Kindergarten).

While I'm in here, 14 year-olds who think that they know everything about cars and trucks, full-sized and R/C.
This was an "A" student [X(]... Just playin with ya Ron!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:54 PM
_iceman_

Iceman, I thought that only poor spelling was a problem in the USA. Edit or spell check can only fix so much. To me it appears that teenagers must either think that it's cool to spell words poorly or else it's a problem with our education systems. Sorry to vent but I'm a person who carried an A- in spelling throughout all 13 years of school (including Kindergarten).
well mister "got strait a's in spelling"

i don't get eh's (Canada eh?) because i don't care about spelling that much it's like "OH NO i spelled precipitously and Mississippi wrong i'm going to shoot myself in the head!!!" (sarcasm there)

each to there own i guess thats why people lead there own lives most of the time instead of following whoever foot steps are there to follow

i see that "14 year old's seeming to think it's cool to spell things all wrong" that seems to get one year older every time i get 1 year older lol!! (sometimes they want something to be said the way it's spelled for instance "gangsta" it would correctly be spelled "gangster" but thats not how he/she would want it to be said is it?)

EDIT: sorry like i said about that earlier post it was LATE and i'm dyslexic so i like reverse to letters or two numbers (sometimes thats the trouble with spellings)

(oh snap and i spell checked this post!)

okay bye

-neil

have a good one!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ice, it wasn't cool of me to single you out but unfortunately I see it all to often. Spelling was the one thing that I did do well in school so I'm sensitive about it. It just scares me that people aren't using proper spelling. I'd rather put my trust in someone who can spell words correctly although I do know of some very smart people that grammar and spelling aren't their strong suits. I worry about our education system and what's becoming of it. When I would visit my sons classrooms for parent/teacher meetings, I would notice signs in the classrooms with poorly spelled words on them written by the teachers and it wasn't in just one classroom either. This scares me.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:24 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

Yea people need to lern how to spel.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:31 PM
CadillacDTS2001

well i think we now how to spell its just we dont take time to spell properly lol
Old 03-16-2006, 10:03 PM
_iceman_

no hard feeling's hey Ron? yeah one of are teachers here when we spell something wrong we have to write it out the right way 1 times (i spend a lot of time doing thisbut it's ok because in la we don't have like spelling "B's or anything like that) well i'm tired (up to late last night so i'm going to take a snooze)

(i'l try to use the spell checker every time now like i used to but then i stoped for a bit)

okay bye

-neil[8D]
Old 03-16-2006, 10:05 PM
CadillacDTS2001

ya in sorry to Ron i iwll use spell cheacker more often
lol
Old 03-17-2006, 07:08 AM
gerwen

ORIGINAL: _iceman_
i don't get eh's (Canada eh?) because i don't care about spelling that much...
You should. This is friendly advice, not criticism.
Being able to effectively communicate in person, and in print, are skills that will be important in almost any career you choose. It is one of the skills you can work on early that will carry you far in any path you choose. Think about it...
Old 03-17-2006, 10:31 AM
CadillacDTS2001

i know EH

lol
Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
R/C fan-addict

what's going on eh? (from "end of ze world"- a video which if you haven't seen type the title into google, really funny!)