Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Space

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Hpi_mt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Space

You guys ever wonder whats out there and ever wanted to be out there looking down on earth ever since I was a little younger than I am right now like when I was 8 I've always wanted to be and space and see whats out there it would be pretty cool to do that one day. Its crazy though the universe is like never ending and were probably not even 1/100000 of a grain of sand there is soo much out there to learn and do I just wish I could be out there lookin down at every planet it would be cool. I found this amazing when I learned I had heard that whenever you look up at the stars your not looking into the present time of the stars being there it could've been a couple thousand years ago but the light hasn't fully traveled down to earth. To me I think space is an amazing place where alot of things can happen. What do you guys think have you ever wondered whats out there and ever wanted to be out there?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:45 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Space

I'll go on a trip with you, your buying my ticket though.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:49 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My teach says that the universe is constantly expanding. I just know that she makes up all this stuff and me and this other girl, Jaden, swear that she makes ups words on the top of her head.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:53 PM
thekaboom

Pretty sure your teacher is correct. Also if you think about it were one planet in a galaxy and we have life. Their are thousands of galaxy, did you ever think that their might be even one of planet in the thousands of galaxies with intelligent life. Gives you something to think about...
Old 03-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Hpi_mt2

But those are all theories arent they I think its a theory that its even expanding but hey what do I know I never been in space. Oh and Caddy kid I will hook you up with a ticket if I ever get rich enough lol
Old 03-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Hpi_mt2

I had a dream about aliens a couple days ago which was pretty crazy because I was being held down in my bed and being choked lol but yeh I think theres aliens out there I'm pretty sure we cant be the only ones in space
Old 03-24-2006, 10:54 PM
annie_himself

I think scientists make ALL that crap up. How in the heck do they know if the universe is exspanding? I do believe there might be other life out there but I think we will never know. Nosey humans..
Old 03-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: Hpi_mt2

But those are all theories arent they I think its a theory that its even expanding but hey what do I know I never been in space. Oh and Caddy kid I will hook you up with a ticket if I ever get rich enough lol
maybe what we need is an infinate impossiblity drive (the one from the origional tv show of hitch hikers guide to the galaxy) and we just MIGHT be able to impossibly travel through space! but i think were a long time from that.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:22 AM
thunderw0lf

Scientists estimate that our galaxy contains somwhere around 100 billion stars. They are also finding that planetary systems are more common than first thought. current estimations run about 1 star out of 1 million could potientally have a planet with life on it, which is roughly 100,000. Considering the millions of galaxies, I'd say it's a certainty that there is other life out there, it's just a question of when will we make first contact not if there is life on another planet.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys ever wonder whats out there and ever wanted to be out there looking down on earth ever since I was a little younger than I am right now like when I was 8 I've always wanted to be and space and see whats out there it would be pretty cool to do that one day.
One of the locals is working on a space motel. Perhaps, you'll get your wish some day.

http://www.bigelowaerospace.com/
http://www.lasvegasmercury.com/2004/.../24250261.html
http://www.space.com/news/businessmonday_040524.html
http://www.entrepreneur.com/Magazine...278517,00.html
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0409/27bigelow/
Old 03-25-2006, 12:01 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: thunderw0lf

Scientists estimate that our galaxy contains somwhere around 100 billion stars. They are also finding that planetary systems are more common than first thought. current estimations run about 1 star out of 1 million could potientally have a planet with life on it, which is roughly 100,000. Considering the millions of galaxies, I'd say it's a certainty that there is other life out there, it's just a question of when will we make first contact not if there is life on another planet.
You can't live on a star, I doubt any life form would be able to withstand 5,000F+ without being incinerated. A star is not a galaxy, a star is like our sun, stars are among the trillions in the universe.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Hpi_mt2

It would be cool if that happened lol but I bet its not cheap to get up there. The only thing im worried of is all the g forces whenever your in a space shuttle.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:52 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

I think scientists make ALL that crap up. How in the heck do they know if the universe is exspanding? I do believe there might be other life out there but I think we will never know. Nosey humans..
I watched this show on PBS about how scientists tracked how far away supernovas were by measuring the light they emitted. It used to be thought that the universe had expanded rapidly from the big bang and was now slowing down but the universe is actually starting to get faster again! Some pretty weird crap! lol
Old 03-25-2006, 05:55 PM
annie_himself

I may sound nieve but I still think they make it up or they get it completely wrong. I just don't understand how numer a math mumbo-jumbo can tell how big the universe is and its getting bigger. Makes complete bull-chit to me.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Hpi_mt2

I dont think there is an end to the universe I wonder really how big it is.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:19 AM
gunnut

ORIGINAL: thunderw0lf

You can't live on a star, I doubt any life form would be able to withstand 5,000F+ without being incinerated. A star is not a galaxy, a star is like our sun, stars are among the trillions in the universe.
I think he means that 1 star out of 1 million stars could have planets orbiting it like in our solar system.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:09 AM
J_D

the universe is contantly expanding. and so are we!

i forget by how much it actually affects earth... its like 3mm every 10 years or something.

And they have measured this, buy measure the distance to "nearby" objects over large time gaps,

I think a famous scientist (forget his name) gave it the anaolgy of sultanas in bread while its cooking
Old 03-26-2006, 10:30 AM
annie_himself

I dont think there is an end to the universe I wonder really how big it is.
I have a riding lawnmower...
Old 03-26-2006, 10:42 AM
ssj2

I personally wonder if there's another Earth-like-planet with humans that are duplicates of us on it. That would be really cool to go into space one day though, and play non-gravitational football. That would kick butt!
Old 03-26-2006, 12:35 PM
annie_himself

It wouls suck when you throw the ball though, you'd lose it!!
Old 03-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

had a realy cool idea of what you could do up there

bring some ply wood
go out side your space ship line um up
drive your electric rc around in space

would be cool until your car goes off the ply and floats away for ever[:-]
Old 03-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Hpi_mt2

lol that would be pretty cool I think you could do that on earth if you have a room with no gravity. That would be cool to have duplicates of us to but it would be weird.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:11 PM
annie_himself

lol that would be pretty cool I think you could do that on earth if you have a room with no gravity. That would be cool to have duplicates of us to but it would be weird.
I don't think there are non-gravitational rooms. It would cost millions anyway.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Wide Open

I don't think there are non-gravitational rooms. It would cost millions anyway.
actually i saw some show awhile ago where they got a frog to float inside of a tiny chamber. but of course it was too small for anything else and still used up a bunch of power.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 PM
annie_himself

But think about how much money it would cost just to get it built, and to run it. The bills would be T-Maxx like, unforgiving!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.