Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

For those of you with Ipod videos

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 05:25 PM
itspuddingtime00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you with Ipod videos

Well I'm thinking about breaking down and finally getting a Ipod. I was gonna get the 30GB video. I've heard people who love theirs and people who hate them. The people who hate them usually say the screen scratches really easily, and the battery totally dies within the first few years. Also the player freezes up alot. I am wondering if any of you have problems with your Ipods. I was going to get the creative zen, but the Ipod is cheaper and I've heard things like it has better viewing angle and stuff. I know at least a couple people in here own MP3 players. Any reccomendations or testimonials would be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:10 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: For those of you with Ipod videos

The ZEN is 50x better then the IPOD.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

ive had my i pod since 2004, and havent had a batt issue yet... i have had to take it back to the apple store.. nothing major...
Old 04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
itspuddingtime00

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

The ZEN is 50x better then the IPOD.
Yeah but the zen that plays video is 500 dollars. Other than supporting more formats are there any other advantages?
Old 04-05-2006, 09:59 PM
-Inverted-

Creative is known for quality, they have also been doing it much longer then apple.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
itspuddingtime00

Do you have one? If so, which model?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

I have an iPod video and could not be happier. No problems and the sound/video quality is unbeleivable. I love it and could not be happier. Also, although Creative hay have been doing this longer than Apple, which I disbeleive, Apple is always on the cutting edge of technology, they're even coming out with an Apple partable gaming system THIS YEAR!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 04:35 PM
R/C fan-addict

I still don't see the point of carrying 20 days worth of music in your pocket! I mean you'll spend more time scrolling than listening to music! lol
Old 04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Nano in black - very happy with it. No major scratching and i've removed all the minor ones with brasso. One of my friends had an iPod video and returned it because of scratching (within 2 weeks). If you drop the money on a video, get a protctive case for it.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:10 PM
itspuddingtime00

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

I still don't see the point of carrying 20 days worth of music in your pocket! I mean you'll spend more time scrolling than listening to music! lol
well I can't carry 3 hours worth of CDs in my pocket. I need something to listen to during boring lectures and study hall too[>:].
Old 04-07-2006, 08:46 PM
-Inverted-

Also, although Creative hay have been doing this longer than Apple, which I disbeleive, Apple is always on the cutting edge of technology, they're even coming out with an Apple partable gaming system THIS YEAR!!!
Creative has been making portable audio equipment much longer then Apple. Apple computers are already very limited, I wouldnt want a apple portable gaming system.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:11 PM
itspuddingtime00

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Also, although Creative hay have been doing this longer than Apple, which I disbeleive, Apple is always on the cutting edge of technology, they're even coming out with an Apple partable gaming system THIS YEAR!!!
Creative has been making portable audio equipment much longer then Apple. Apple computers are already very limited, I wouldnt want a apple portable gaming system.
Which Zen do you have?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:25 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: itspuddingtime00

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

well I can't carry 3 hours worth of CDs in my pocket. I need something to listen to during boring lectures and study hall too[>:].
I can fit more than 3 hours worth of music on my ancient 256mb player and it's tiny! Iaudio CW200 I think... having 10 hours or so of music is a good thing but much more than that is getting ridicolus like 20 days! C'mon waste your money on R/C lol
Old 04-13-2006, 10:11 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

I've picked up a 60gb vid iPod not too long ago. Bang & Olufsen A8 earbuds. Screen protectors and a leather case protect it all. Very happy with it so far. Problem I have is that I've only got 1300 songs on it [X(] I can listen to this all week long and not hear the same song. Can't say that with any radio stations out there. I haven't gotten around to put any vids on it yet...

BTW: Apple is going to discontinue the current 60gb vid iPod shortly. They will be coming out with a full screen version to replace it. The control wheel will be integrated into the screen.