Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Just a comment

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:19 AM
myber92fs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a comment

Don't you guys care how illiterate you sound ??? I cant spell but I do know how to use spell check .It makes it very hard too understand some of the posts. I cut the guys form other countries slack cause English may not be there 1st language. But the guys from the USA ??
Old 04-13-2006, 12:23 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Just a comment

myber...i've made many comments to the non-American citizens that their English is usually better than the English of some of our posters.

Believe me, I understand. children are our future, and our future is to be enslaved by an alien race from another galaxy
Old 04-13-2006, 12:25 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Being from the USA doesn't mean much, I'd say at least 50% of my town can only talk broken English.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:28 AM
gunnut

I agree with your comment! I'm no english teacher... but some of the posts are horrible!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:30 AM
-Inverted-

I think for some people it's not the fact they can't spell, it's that they are in a hurry. I know alot of my miss-spellings come from my keyboard, the keys dont move as free as I would like, it's also alot smaller, so it's easier to push the wrong key coming from Desktop PC's,
Old 04-13-2006, 12:36 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

ORIGINAL: myber92fs

Don't you guys care how illiterate you sound ??? I cant spell but I do know how to use spell check .It makes it very hard too understand some of the posts. I cut the guys form other countries slack cause English may not be there 1st language. But the guys from the USA ??
Hey your from Rockford!! Some people seriously do need to lern how to spel though.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Rare

hookt on fonicks workt 4 me!
Old 04-13-2006, 02:56 AM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: RŲeBreed

hookt on fonicks workt 4 me!
no it didnt[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 04-13-2006, 02:58 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

wut r u takkin bout? u cnat rd this? y not?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:47 AM
gerwen

/snicker

Don't you guys care how illiterate you sound ??? I cant can't spell but I do know how to use spell check .It makes it very hard too to understand some of the posts. I cut the guys form from other countries slack cause because English may not be there their 1st language. But the guys from the USA ??
Just messin with you. No offence intended.

I wish more people were like you and would spend just a little time making sure their posts are easy to read (which yours was). Even if a person can't spell well, it's not hard to read over a post to make sure it's understandable.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:49 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

I agree...everyone that talks in the "l33t" form needs to learn that this is not a chatroom. If your un such a hrry thatt to post what you need to say, then go to achatt rom,. Its not like you and someone are competing for who can post what thought in what thread first.

Also, to go along with the chat room thing, this IS NOT a chat room, so please type in regular English. If you type proficient enough to get a coherent thought out, then typing "today" rather than "2day" takes like 0.0001 second longer, and typing "Please" instead of "plz" takes like 1 second longer. I try to sound more professional when I type something rather than a thread like (no, these are not actual posts):

"I need healp to get my truck started!!! Plz help! i want ot go bash with my friends 2morrow"
"waht have you done so far. try checking the feul lines and see if the engine is priming"
Old 04-13-2006, 04:06 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

I agree with IBrakeForNobody . I hate when people type like 13 year old girls on AIM.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
R/C fan-addict

Guys from the US? In case you haven't noticed the US has a huge highschool drop out rate. And overall our school system is getting really bad. There was a 60 minutes show entitled "Stupid in America" which showed how fake the "no child left behind" act is cause they filmed kids in schools playing monopoly, jumping on desks, being proud of getting D's!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Myself, I don't need to watch 60 Minutes to get the message. However, that must be what it takes for some people--meaning, they won't pull themselves away from the television and the only way they ever learn of something is via the television. Before the school year started, one of my friends moved overseas so he could educate his children there instead of in the US. I thought that was pretty bad, but I've met a lot of people in the educational system and considering who is in charge--wait, NO politics. Anyway, I have to log off so I can watch television. That was a joke by the way.

| OK | Preview | Cancel | Spell Check |

"Spell Check" button anyone?

Heck, what about a "GRAMMAR" Button?
Old 04-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

When I see poorly typed postings, I don't know who to blame, a lazy kid or the public school systems.
When my son was in school, I go to the teacher-parent conferences and when going nito his classroom, I'd be shocked at what I'd see on the walls, poorly written signs made by the teachers.
What scares me is that if you haven't heard the news, there is a new thing here in town called the Kalamazoo Promise. Do a search for it, you'll find it interesting as there are anonymous people that donated enough money to pay for students college education if you live here and this isn't a one-horse town by a long shot!
I see words in here that you should have known to spell at 8 years old. Try to show some intelligence when posting as who really wants to respond to the Village Idiot? Who wants to take the advice of a lousy speller?
Yes, I did bother to correct my mistakes before posting this, and on a keyboard that my son spilled pop into last week.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

spilled pop
Thank God I'm not the only one on the forums that says pop!

around here in the south, it's "coke"
"what kind of coke would you like?" "uh..coke?" "sorry, we have pepsi products"
Old 04-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Ron Olson

It was Faygo Rock 'N Rye, I'm the Pepsi drinker.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Spdsk8er

It was Faygo Rock 'N Rye, I'm the Pepsi drinker.
Bleh! coke and pepsi[:'(] ROOTY ROOT ROOT BEER!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Ron Olson

Normally he likes Faygo Root Beer but the wife got him some of that for a change.
Back to the subject at hand. I get into my sons case too for bad spelling, blame it on me as spelling was about the only thing that I excelled with in school. I still keep myself in practice by doing crossword puzzles.
People see me using big words in here but in reality I don't talk like this.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:27 PM
-Inverted-

People see me using big words in here but in reality I don't talk like this.
I think alot of people do that as well, I know I dont say half the stuff when talking in reality compared to how I talk on the forums.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:39 PM
R/C fan-addict

yeah I don't use stuff like r= are u =you y= why w/e= whatever I don't use those I try to spell right but on the forums I don't really care. If it's homework I proofread and make sure the writing flows, there's no spelling errors, and there are no grammatical errors either. As for me watching TV all day I don't; I'm too busy bashing my R/C's!

*message has been spell checked*
Old 04-13-2006, 10:01 PM
ob nut

When I see poorly typed postings, I don't know who to blame, a lazy kid or the public school systems.
School system, period end of story. When my daughter started spelling in class, they were taught to spell as it sounds, cuz it woodn't kauze the slower learners two feel bad.. [:@] And they wonder why kids can't spell...
Old 04-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Doahh

wi doo tha tel kidz two spel how it soundz bekause I am speling how it soundz and moast of thes werds are speled rong
Old 04-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that Doahh or Duh?
Old 04-13-2006, 11:37 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

spilled pop
Thank God I'm not the only one on the forums that says pop!

around here in the south, it's "coke"
"what kind of coke would you like?" "uh..coke?" "sorry, we have pepsi products"
Pop? That sounds so funny and you are not in the South at all.

I use AIM all the time but I do not type like that on the forums; I use "big" words instead of typing like a retard. I even type like this on AIM sometimes. I'm only 14 by the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.