Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

LOL.. they need to make the door like the fridge where you can swap door.. ha!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

LOL.. they need to make the door like the fridge where you can swap door.. ha!
No doubt. You could swap the washer/dryer positions, but I'm guessing your hookups are such that you really don't want to do that.

Stuff like that bugs me - my washer/dryer at home both have the hinges on the left, with the washer on the right. So the washer door gets in the way of me shoveling wet clothes into the dryer. I'm all about efficiency when doing stuff I don't want to (like laundry), so I really wish that door didn't get in my way!

I never thought I'd be discussing laundry on an RC forum. This is how low I've sunk. [&:]
Old 11-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Lunchboxer

LOL... I hear ya.. yeah, I can swap the 2, but you are right, the hook up is really meant for the other way (the current setup), so that's the way it goes..

That's alright.. I don't do THAT much laundry... [&:]

It is a gas dryer, so I had to had the pro to come and hook it up.. doh.. it is the law here in MA.. what's up with that!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Eman77

That's a bummer. I always try to do things myself to save some $$ (as long as I'm not in over my head). But if it's the law, no arguing there.

Speaking of self-help, I just replaced my headlight bulbs last night (one burnt out, the other will go soon). Fun fun.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Lunchboxer

I am sure you can hook it up yourself.. but then, if something ever happens.. (even say, a few years down the road).. the insurance might give you problem cause you didn't follow the law, etc.

So I just sucked it up...

Headlights, eh?! Did you put in one of them super bright PIAA?! I did that to my wife's car (ricer? ha!) and it is very bright!!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure you can hook it up yourself.. but then, if something ever happens.. (even say, a few years down the road).. the insurance might give you problem cause you didn't follow the law, etc.

So I just sucked it up...

Headlights, eh?! Did you put in one of them super bright PIAA?! I did that to my wife's car (ricer? ha!) and it is very bright!!
Thats one thing I hate, when a car with super bright lights want to put them in your face. You cant help to just stare at them for about 5 seconds.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
calvino

guys don't have much laundry at all , emann, you need to re-invent the washer/drier for more efficency , good thing im still living at home....... no insurance, car payment crap..... ugh, pain[:'(]
Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Lunchboxer

LOL.. I think that has more to do w/ people leave their high beam on, no!? Brighter / whiter light is okay if it is still adjusted accordingly..

ORIGINAL: REVO_RACER
Thats one thing I hate, when a car with super bright lights want to put them in your face. You cant help to just stare at them for about 5 seconds.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Lunchboxer

What I hate about these new washers is that you need to buy special detergent.. the "High Efficiency" version..

WHAT?!?!? [&:]
Old 11-13-2008, 12:22 PM
REVO_RACER

What I hate about these new washers is that you need to buy special detergent.. the "High Efficiency" version..

Por que?!?!?!

They look nice, thats how I knew there had to be another downfall other than a guy had to come to install the dryer.....

So im guessing the detergent runs a little more $$$ than the regular?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 PM
calvino

pffft, what a joke, its like using "traxxas fuel" in a "traxxas engine" i think its a gimik IMO [&:]
Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 PM
773W
My Feedback: (1)

Yup , same here. Gota get the special soap! Good news is that Im sure it will bring the water consumption down quite abit. Got a new set like that last year .
Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
The Hedgehog

Higher octane detergent
Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM
REVO_RACER

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Higher octane detergent
Ha, Sure to cook your clothes twice as fast!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
calvino

LOL, um, X-auto where's the vids of you racing the St-1, just currious [8D]
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
REVO_RACER

ORIGINAL: calvino

LOL, um, X-auto where's the vids of you racing the St-1, just currious [8D]
The setting or where there they at (Website)
The Track is PinShop Hobbies there located in Oakville Connecticut.

The Videos are on youtube..(Pretty sure you were asking for the first one [>:])
Old 11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
calvino

eh ya, im trying to get ideas for a track to drive my truggy on but classic me, never can come up with something[:'(]
Old 11-13-2008, 12:56 PM
REVO_RACER

ORIGINAL: calvino

eh ya, im trying to get ideas for a track to drive my truggy on but classic me, never can come up with something[:'(]
I would get a peice of paper and write down what I would like to drive on (Size of jumps, Whoops, ect.) Then figure out if there realistic or not...
Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Eman77

I've done my headlights a few times since I got the car in 2002. Originals burnt out, I got Sylvania Silverstars - those died in like a year. Got another set (didn't learn my lesson yet), died in a year. I had PIAAs in them last time, they lasted longer (2 years+?), this time I put in some Sylvania Xtravisions - not as white/bright, but longer life than the silverstars (still shorter than OEM I'm sure...but I like the whiter/clearer light).

The problem with some (all?) of the expensive really bright ones is they will die much, much quicker than "standard" ones. They look cooler though.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: REVO_RACER

Por que?!?!?!

They look nice, thats how I knew there had to be another downfall other than a guy had to come to install the dryer.....

So im guessing the detergent runs a little more $$$ than the regular?
We've got a newer front load washer as well - you do have to use detergent differently, but in a good way. You use much less, so even if it is more expensive, it's cheaper over the long run I think (admittedly, I haven't done the math though!).

What's interesting (read: sucks) about many of the new front loaders is that the rubber gasket that sits between your door opening and the tumbler gets moldy surprisingly easily. It's a known issue that is quite common...and it's a kind of a paint to scrub off if you don't notice it for a bit. Nasty. In looking at it, the way the gasket is designed, there's a lip there where water will almost always sit after a load is done....so unless you're real diligent and dry that spot off after every load, it'll mold eventually.

My understanding of it (from a bit of research anyway) is that most manufacturers recognize that it's a known issue, but don't do much about it. Nice.

So....keep that bad boy dry, LB!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
calvino

lol, ya, problem is the jumps have to be wood (for now) our mini/electric track's in the only spot that i can use dirt on, *sigh* i do need to just come up with something and keep it that way
Old 11-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Lunchboxer

No idea.. need to stop by a shop and find out..... crazy.. special detergent? What's going on?! [:'(]
Old 11-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Lunchboxer

Didn't know that they have a short life.. argh... wife's PIAA still okay.. we will see how long they last!!!

ORIGINAL: Eman77
I've done my headlights a few times since I got the car in 2002. Originals burnt out, I got Sylvania Silverstars - those died in like a year. Got another set (didn't learn my lesson yet), died in a year. I had PIAAs in them last time, they lasted longer (2 years+?), this time I put in some Sylvania Xtravisions - not as white/bright, but longer life than the silverstars (still shorter than OEM I'm sure...but I like the whiter/clearer light).

The problem with some (all?) of the expensive really bright ones is they will die much, much quicker than "standard" ones. They look cooler though.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Lunchboxer

Water is the cheap part......

ORIGINAL: 773W

Yup , same here. Gota get the special soap! Good news is that Im sure it will bring the water consumption down quite abit. Got a new set like that last year .
Old 11-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Eman77

Didn't know that they have a short life.. argh... wife's PIAA still okay.. we will see how long they last!!!

ORIGINAL: Eman77

My money is on 2 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.