Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

ORIGINAL: calvino

ORIGINAL: Nick2618

i just paid for my first college class... and it sucks. My scholarships does not cover summer classes and i need/want to take a speech class this summer. I know it was not that much but it still cost almost 250 for one class.
DARNIT, ya, I am lucky, I only pay like $6/class, health fee, no need for parking (I don't drive/dad teaches), um, and the pirce per unit, ya, it is great, heard you were goin to be taking a film class, prety cool stuff, WARNING, if you take one, film.... is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ soo it is best to get multi-packs of paper and film (film is cheap, paper is an ARM AND A LEG)
I am taking photography one right now using black and white filim with SLR 35mm cameras. Flim is 5 dollars a roll and paper is around $70 give or take a few bucks for a 100 sheets. Already used several rolls of flim and working on my 2nd 1oo pack of paper...[:@] Our teacher gave us this one project where you have to shoot a whole roll of flim but when you look at them together and in order it makes one big pic. Like each frame is just a small portion of the pic. I have burned several rolls trying to get that right and fnially got my first decent one today and turned it in.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 PM

i just paid for my first college class... and it sucks. My scholarships does not cover summer classes and i need/want to take a speech class this summer. I know it was not that much but it still cost almost 250 for one class.
DARNIT, ya, I am lucky, I only pay like $6/class, health fee, no need for parking (I don't drive/dad teaches), um, and the pirce per unit, ya, it is great, heard you were goin to be taking a film class, prety cool stuff, WARNING, if you take one, film.... is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ soo it is best to get multi-packs of paper and film (film is cheap, paper is an ARM AND A LEG)
I am taking photography one right now using black and white filim with SLR 35mm cameras. Flim is 5 dollars a roll and paper is around $70 give or take a few bucks for a 100 sheets. Already used several rolls of flim and working on my 2nd 1oo pack of paper...[:@] Our teacher gave us this one project where you have to shoot a whole roll of flim but when you look at them together and in order it makes one big pic. Like each frame is just a small portion of the pic. I have burned several rolls trying to get that right and fnially got my first decent one today and turned it in.
here is a tip, if you cut the paper into strips, it can cut down on the # of sheets you use, and you thought RC was expensive, er, how is the nemisis broken , do like the lunchbox though
Old 04-09-2008, 10:39 PM

here is a tip, if you cut the paper into strips, it can cut down on the # of sheets you use, and you thought RC was expensive, er, how is the nemisis broken , do like the lunchbox though
I know that. I cut the paper into 1/4 to do the test strips. Use those to tell how long to devlope the pic.

Well i am really busy lately with school and have not driven any rc's in a while. Right now the the nemesis only has fwd. Some peeps suggest i check grub screws in all. Just have not had time or really the desire to even try and fix it. Lunchbox kicks ass like always. Just need to make some new body mounts. [:@]
Old 04-09-2008, 10:41 PM

I know that. I cut the paper into 1/4 to do the test strips. Use those to tell how long to devlope the pic.

Well i am really busy lately with school and have not driven any rc's in a while. Right now the the nemesis only has fwd. Some peeps suggest i check grub screws in all. Just have not had time or really the desire to even try and fix it. Lunchbox kicks ass like always. Just need to make some new body mounts. [:@]
ya, why it helps to have more than 1 car, ya, it sounds FUN, and looks funny to, wonder if it could make it around our track
Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 PM

The turkey is fired now, right?!
You mean fried? I don't think it had a job in the first place if it was wild.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:28 PM

You need to clean up that neighborhood, man!! hee hee!!
Still finding random pieces of sharp metal and nails from when they built this house. They didn't toss any of the garbage, they just buried it with dirt.[:@]
Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 PM

Mamba 8000 + mini = fun!
My 6800 for the Vendetta ST blew up 10 min through it's first run, then a 3900 I replaced it with blew after 2 runs...
Old 04-09-2008, 11:44 PM

Yeah you have to use a bigger motor than the mambas with the vendettas.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Yeah you have to use a bigger motor than the mambas with the vendettas.
the muitiplex permex seems popular?? ya, that is the drawback to it[], was watching a vid of an RC18T with a mamba 8KKV and a 4s lipo, GEEZ THIS WAS FAST, but it flipped a TON, ya, I am DEBAITNG a mamba, I got a reedy SP19T tonsof fun ,but, who knows, maybe get the 18B FT and mamba it......
Old 04-09-2008, 11:52 PM

I have the black one!

You should have had me order it from Tamiya USA when I ordered mine last time! Then I can include it with your package!!
Will it work as a gold towel?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:29 AM

ORIGINAL: []TEX[]

Why the F is it doing a wheelie? l like the Land Cruisers better with the huge front anti-fallintotheice bar.
It's actually doing a jump

The ground isn't level on the way to the North Pole [X(]
Old 04-10-2008, 03:31 AM

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Hmm found a 3 cell lipo pack for the mamba 8000... where's that *&%*^% cable [:@]
wow, everyone is using alota "stuff" today, can't you use like an old cammera cable..... that is waht I was thinking of using??? just a thought[8D]
I thought it needed an adapter to be hooked up to the computer.

I know that the Mamba Max has one built in, but I am not sure about the Mamba 25.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Longhair

I was flipping through the channels last night and seen Top Gear Polar Special.

These guys took a modified HiLux and drove it to the North Pole

top gear is immense
Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: lee172

i think Luke was after a Tamiya pit towel?? might get one myself.

http://rc-mushroom.com/advanced_sear...+towel&x=0&y=0

not a bad price

i wanted one with tamiya wrote on though.

i might just get a LRP one, because i can get them in the UK
Old 04-10-2008, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: paintstikker

Still finding random pieces of sharp metal and nails from when they built this house. They didn't toss any of the garbage, they just buried it with dirt.[:@]
cowboy builders lol

or ... rednecks
Old 04-10-2008, 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: rcluke

ORIGINAL: paintstikker

cowboy builders lol

or ... rednecks
Common practice in the US. The faster the build the better bonus at the end. No time to clean up properly
Old 04-10-2008, 07:24 AM

Found out my Mamba 25 had the firmware version of 1.12 or something like that. Updated it, had some problems along the way... (maybe you arent supposed to jump like that). After awhile I got it. I set the lipo cutoff to 3 cell. Popped in that pack I made.

I don't know how you can have so much power. I would go all the way down my street and by time it was passing me I was going at least 50, yanked on the throttle some more and it would backflip on its lid. Back to 2 cells for me (maybe the 6800 motor he he).

I emailed castle yesterday, they told me the guys were using the 6800 and 8000 motors on the track [X(] (at nationals). Can't wait until they email me their setups.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 AM

That is too cool

Torque at 50 mph [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Longhair

That is too cool

Torque at 50 mph [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
It might be 40mph, hard to tell with the minis ha ha. But anyway way cool.

www.hobbycity.com has lipos for around 15-20 dollars, I am buying 5 probably as I have had excellent luckw ith them before...
Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 AM

Yeah it always sucks no matter what you have to pay. Look at it this way, its an investment in yourself and trust me it only gets worse tuition goes up every year and I had a couple of classes that my books ended up being around 250. Best thing to do is find someone that has the same classes and be best friends.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:54 AM

Anything that is fun or educational cost money [:@]
Old 04-10-2008, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: secretsg

Some of those guys are "professional protestors." Yes there is such a thing. They do nothing but go to rallies etc. They may even get paid for it. Obviously they are not passionate about the protest itself. Just a chance to yell random things and avoid any sort of honest work. Any news exposure to get their face out is bonus.
reminds me of a bumper sticker i once saw. there were crosshairs on it, and the words "Keep protesting... I'm adjusting for windage."

i was just glad i wasn't the only one annoyed by the random yelling. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-10-2008, 07:59 AM

[] Yeah I thought I was finding a cheap hobby when I got my first RC. Biiiiiiig mistake.lol
Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: westphill24

Yeah it always sucks no matter what you have to pay. Look at it this way, its an investment in yourself and trust me it only gets worse tuition goes up every year and I had a couple of classes that my books ended up being around 250. Best thing to do is find someone that has the same classes and be best friends.
I know it gets a lot worse. I looke up tution to USF and to take 5000 level courses and above it cost 250 a CREDIT HOUR!!

I dont think i will be needing any of those... Prolly stopping at the MBA.

Its only 90 a credit hour for the other courses.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

mechanizeddeath, time for another RC yet?!
lol... taking a bit of a break. not that i want to! ran the TB-02 again last night, i'm still amazed when that thing takes off! [X(] too bad my low quality NiCD batteries lose their punch after about 2 minutes, and die in about 5. [sm=drowning.gif]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.