Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

cars from games that you want to RC

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cars from games that you want to RC

ive just wondering, there are a few vehicles from movies which are pretty commonly done in RC as themed vehicles...
what about from games? i'd love to be able to scratchbuild this
http://storefront.steampowered.com/S...g/message/958/

like there wont be seats or the v8, just the general colour and shape of the car (no pun?????????) , with all the servos , the esc, motor, etc exposed, and a rollcage of some sort to actually provide protection as well as to look the part

i think it would theme well if it was brought into RC that way, since half life 2 has alot of the scrappy, DIY , whatever-you-can-find theme going on
Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 PM

Default RE: cars from games that you want to RC

I want to see KITT from Knight Rider as a shell for an RC, that would be cool. I would also like to see the Charger and Mustang from Bullit made as shells.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 PM

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/Sinewinder.htm

Applications: Lighting on R/C planes, robots, cars, boats
Automotive lighting
PC case lighting
Crimefighting in the 80s
go figure...
Old 06-24-2007, 11:49 PM

i want to see the aston martin from James Bond "die another day"
Old 06-25-2007, 12:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A full scale DB9.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:42 PM

was'nt it a aston martin v12 vanquish not the db9?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I want to see KITT from Knight Rider as a shell for an RC, that would be cool.

Good one! I'd like to see KITT, the General Lee, and Back to the Future
Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 AM

I'd like to see 1:1 cars as RC, not really from games and I don't really play any.

I would like

a Kenworth truck, preferably the T800H, T600A, or T660
M35A2 or similar military truck (although I am scratch building one, but I'd still like a kit)
Smokey and the Bandit KW W900, or W925 I believe is the actual vehicle
Dodge Challenger RT
Dodge Challenger from Vanishing Point
Mack R model from Convoy
General Lee
Dodge pickup (I like fords more, and I have the F350 Highlift, but there needs to be more variety of trucks)
53' dry goods Fruehauf van trailer
Fontaine Lowboy w/ jeep and dolly
Willys flat fender jeep, around 40-60's Scale, not WW kinda thing...
Challenger 2 Britsh MBT
Farm tractor of some sort, New Holland or John Deere
CAT grader, loader, dozer, etc of some sort

Hmm that's all I can think of...
Old 06-26-2007, 08:04 AM

Fontaine Lowboy w/ jeep and dolly, nice choice! Not an 18wheeler, but a 34wheeler! Thats right, 34 wheels, 8 on the intermediate jeep, 8 more on the tail booster plus the usual 18wheels for a semi-tractor and trailer. I would love to see such a multi-axled specialized trailer as an RC model.

I have seen RC models of semi-tractors and trailers before, but not one of a specialized heavy hauling trailer. I wounder if there is a RC company out there would take the plunge for such a project?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:51 PM

Probably not for cheap, Wedico makes a lowboy, but they are overpriced, IMO, and it's not modelled after a specific type..

I'm building one as a 1/25th model from styrene and brass, and that is $$$ for materials, so I dunno if I want to make one in 1/14th for a RC because if most of it is metal I'll need a few hundred dollars, and some more metal working tools...
Old 06-28-2007, 08:28 AM

I would like to see the S15 Silvia from the end scene of Tokyo Drift as an RC as well as the Veilside RX-7 from Tokyo Drift as an RC as well.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 AM

and Mad Max
Old 06-28-2007, 01:05 PM

I want to see a Vector W8. If you have ever seen the awful movie Rising Sun, the red car supercar the character Eddie drove was a W8.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I want to see KITT from Knight Rider as a shell for an RC, that would be cool. I would also like to see the Charger and Mustang from Bullit made as shells.
both by HPI, stang for touring cars, charger for savvys and maxxs,
kitt i would buy too
Old 06-29-2007, 04:27 PM

i want Lewis Hamilton's mclaren F1 car, no doubt by next year tamiya will have it on the F2001
Old 06-30-2007, 01:35 AM

How about some cars from the twisted metal series. Their is some cool ones like sweet tooth, mr. grim, the tank dude, axle.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: nick2618

How about some cars from the twisted metal series. Their is some cool ones like sweet tooth, mr. grim, the tank dude, axle.
yeah i totally agree, to me those cars are the pinnacle of car stylization, everything else after twisted metal is just ... something else, you know?
theyve just got that generic, stereotypical look that all the aftermarket lexan bodies have, but with a certain tatoo-looking edge to them...
Old 06-30-2007, 08:37 PM

Banshee from Grand Theft Auto.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: texaschilidog

LOL. If i remeber right its just a rip off of a viper. So just get a viper body.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: texaschilidog

LOL. If i remeber right its just a rip off of a viper. So just get a viper body.
Ah im just kidding,im stickin to the regular.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:48 PM

OMG i LOVE that game! i have the theme songs on my ipod

mine has to be...

the Pelican dropship!

some depron foam for the fuselage, some bigass brushless EDFs for hovering, a few smaller EDFs for forward flight and some LiPo's. theres no ailerons to worry about as the whole wings move instead.

Failing that i want to build a forward-only version without the ability to hover
Old 07-04-2007, 01:52 PM

you have to wonder tho,is that actually aerodynamically feasible? as in,will it really fly... you could say that anything will fly with enough power, but thats not a good way of doing things... maybe getting it to hover is the only real way of getting it airborne? you'll need 4 servos to move the flight surfaces and stuff... and then somehow get veritcal thrust at right angles from the horizontal nacelles, since the 6 streams of jets you see in halo would be almost impossible to do in RC, unless you can find something thats light, small, and creates very fast moving air, like some centrifugal compressor thingie spinning at crazy rpms,and then find a way to pipe this fast moving air to the wings while still letting the wing rotate, without having the pressure on the pipes rip the fuselage apart, and then you'd have to have an opening at the top which isnt really present on the pelican, except for the 2 slits at the top... maybe a better way is by some kind of deflector behind the nacelles that diverts the thrust downwards for hovering? the deflectors will all move together , since you already maneuvre the pelican using the control surfaces , so the angle or position of the deflector will control the state of flight , wether hovering or forward...
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 PM

aslong as we get the wing profile right it should be fine, theres some 3 view drawings on the net so i may look into building one out of some foam with some EDF's for forward-only flight and some micro servos to move the wings, i may just try the wings out on a dummy fuselage first and then build around them

theres still a set of main wings and a smaller tail-wing on there, its just the tail isnt adjustable and pitch is controlled by thrusters at the back (the two long things sticking out the back) instead
Old 07-06-2007, 02:47 PM
My Feedback: (23)

I would love to see a real scales down 1/10 version of an excusion r/c. Actual v10 engine and everything.

From a game I'd like to see an r/c company make a scaled down replica of the Mazda 787B 98LE Lemans car.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 PM
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: carmatic1

you have to wonder tho,is that actually aerodynamically feasible? as in,will it really fly... you could say that anything will fly with enough power, but thats not a good way of doing things... maybe getting it to hover is the only real way of getting it airborne? you'll need 4 servos to move the flight surfaces and stuff... and then somehow get veritcal thrust at right angles from the horizontal nacelles, since the 6 streams of jets you see in halo would be almost impossible to do in RC, unless you can find something thats light, small, and creates very fast moving air, like some centrifugal compressor thingie spinning at crazy rpms,and then find a way to pipe this fast moving air to the wings while still letting the wing rotate, without having the pressure on the pipes rip the fuselage apart, and then you'd have to have an opening at the top which isnt really present on the pelican, except for the 2 slits at the top... maybe a better way is by some kind of deflector behind the nacelles that diverts the thrust downwards for hovering? the deflectors will all move together , since you already maneuvre the pelican using the control surfaces , so the angle or position of the deflector will control the state of flight , wether hovering or forward...
Not meaning to be a snot or anything but if great planes can get the GEE BEE to fly
They can get the Pelican dropship to fly.
GEE BEE Aiplane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.