Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
She should pay the ticket.
8.47%
I should Pay the ticket.
67.80%
She pays half and I pay half.
23.73%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Should I pay this fine, or should she?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:42 PM
RS4rallydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I pay this fine, or should she?

Okay, so I got a fine for running a red light the other day. its $100. The problem is, even though I was driving (my) car, it was my friends fault that I rolled into the intersection. (She caused me let go of the clutch pedal, and the car rolled forward).

like, as soon as I crossed the white line they flashed me over to the side! officer said that by crossing the line I created a dangerous situation (true) so I couldnt argue with the dude on that one.

I think that because it was caused mainly by her, she should pay it. she doesnt think so AT ALL!? so I told her I'd ask some friends of mine what they think. so, what would you say? we're regarding it as this poll will decide the official outcome (who pays it). vote honestly *cough- money I could save for R/C stuff- cough*
Old 06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Should I pay this fine, or should she?

Hate to say it, but ultimately you're in control of the vehicle, not the passenger

I say pay the fine, and make her buy you $100 worth of RC stuff
Old 06-28-2007, 03:06 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: deckerv

Hate to say it, but ultimately you're in control of the vehicle, not the passenger

yea I agree, your supposed to be in control of your car[:-]
Old 06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Beasley1

Niether of you, run to Mexico.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
RS4rallydriver

thats true Decker and NJ Nets Fan, but letting off of the clutch was more of a reflex reaction that I couldnt help. I'm a very decent driver and I dont make mistakes like that. her own brother thinks its totally her fault too. "you shouldnt play with people while theyre driving" he says. and I agree with him.

What happened exactly was She brushed my foot a few times with a carpet brush while I was trying to hold down the pedal. You have to admit that she couldnt have found a worse time to do that. I still dont know what made her want to do that.

the reason she was down by the pedals in the first place was because a soda can fell down there about half a block back and she insisted on getting it. ironically, because she didnt want me to be distracted by it while driving she said something about a water bottle from one of the "Final destination" movies? I dont know what she was talking about though.

Mexico????? LOL!
Old 06-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Baja5BLST

Suck it up, and pay for the ticket. 100 dollars isn't gonna kill you, and it is your fault. Plus you may get an extra bonus later on for paying this. [X(]
Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Picking up soda can? Eh?! Is that what you kids call it nowadays?!?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Baja5BLST

Old 06-28-2007, 06:00 PM
eddiebelanger
My Feedback: (1)

lol
Old 06-28-2007, 07:00 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: RS4rallydriver

thats true Decker and NJ Nets Fan, but letting off of the clutch was more of a reflex reaction that I couldnt help. I'm a very decent driver and I dont make mistakes like that. her own brother thinks its totally her fault too. "you shouldnt play with people while theyre driving" he says. and I agree with him.

What happened exactly was She brushed my foot a few times with a carpet brush while I was trying to hold down the pedal. You have to admit that she couldnt have found a worse time to do that. I still dont know what made her want to do that.

the reason she was down by the pedals in the first place was because a soda can fell down there about half a block back and she insisted on getting it. ironically, because she didnt want me to be distracted by it while driving she said something about a water bottle from one of the "Final destination" movies? I dont know what she was talking about though.

Mexico????? LOL!
uh huh im sure that's exactly how it all went down..and i agree with baja
Old 06-28-2007, 07:38 PM
ProRCRacer88

LOL u guys blowin stuff out of proportion.. but yea its only $100, but if you insist its kind of her fault even thought you were in the driver's seat, you pay $75 she pay $25 since its mostly your fault.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Baja5BLST

Are you a man? I wouldn't have to think twice about paying for it. That's how I see it. Others may think differently, but I think this is the proper way. If she insists on paying part of it, let her.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could have atleast made up a cool excuse....like you were getting "serviced" [>:]
Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: sfar785

You could have atleast made up a cool excuse....like you were getting "serviced" [>:]
HAHA LMFAO nicee!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Mr. Mugen

Now this is one heck of a funny thread. Be a man and pay the darn thing. What kind of man sits there and blames a woman for his mess up? Unless of course your a teen.....then manhood is just around the corner....maybe. Try paying it and telling her it was no big deal.....might get your car drove by her instead next time.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Nick2618

I say the cop is a A-Hole for give you a ticket. O MY GOD you went 2ft past a white line. Most of the time i am that far past it anyways... You should just talk to a lawyer and see ithat is REALLY running a light. That ticket is bs and i would fight it.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:40 PM
sfar785

ORIGINAL: nick2618

I say the cop is a A-Hole for give you a ticket. O MY GOD you went 2ft past a white line. Most of the time i am that far past it anyways... You should just talk to a lawyer and see ithat is REALLY running a light. That ticket is bs and i would fight it.
That white line is there for a reason, he deserved the ticket and a lawyer can't help him get out of it. Some cops are more forgiving than others, granted that the cop WAS an A-Hole, he was still in the right by giving him a ticket.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:59 PM
ProRCRacer88

lol who was the 1 person that voted she should pay the full $100... what kind of bs is that... if she was the driver and that happened i would still pay at least 1/2 if it were me.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:02 PM
sfar785

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

lol who was the 1 person that voted she should pay the full $100... what kind of bs is that... if she was the driver and that happened i would still pay at least 1/2 if it were me.
the only person who said that she should pay the ticket was RS4Rallydriver
Old 06-28-2007, 10:11 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

You should have had the car in neutral in the first place while sitting at a red light. Then you could flirt with the girl until the light turns green.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Baja5BLST

Ever heard of park? This is another reason automatics are better
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: Baja5BLST

Same thing would have happened. No one puts it in park at lights. He would have just taken his foot off the break and then rolled forward still.

But i always put my car in nuteral at lights and if there is a hill i will put up the e-brake.

I say ask a lawyer becuase he will prob tell the ticket would not stand in court...
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: NJ NETS FAN

ORIGINAL: deckerv

yea I agree, your supposed to be in control of your car[:-]
Yup, I agree with these guys. You're the driver, and you are responsible for the vehicle and all its occupants as long as you are behind the wheel. I had a friend drive while under the influence of alchohol, with three others in his car, and guess what he got charged with...attempted manslaughter! As the driver, he was responsible for the people in his car, and he knows that being under the influence hinders his abilities, but he chose to drive anyway, putting the other people in his car in serious danger.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Baja5BLST

Nick, But since he was letting go of the clutch, it was putting into gear, making the engine power the car forward. If it had been an automatic, he would have only had his foot on the brake, not the clutch, therefore no problem.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:36 PM
paintstikker

You shouldn't hold down the clutch anyway, really, you should (as the proper way) stick it in neutral if it's manual.

Not really, manual is the way to go, first it's lighter, less crap to mess with, and you can control the gearing to what fits the situation, and not have the transmission trying to shift when the engine gets to a certain RPM. You may not shift as fast with a manual, but soon it will take over an auto.

I just had to say that, sorry, I don't care if you were joking, I still want to set people right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.