Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

WHO HAS THE FASTEST RC ON RCUNIVERSE?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 AM
quadzilla122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHO HAS THE FASTEST RC ON RCUNIVERSE?

SINCE THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT USE RCUNIVERSE FORUMS I WANT TO KNOW WHO HAS THE FASTEST RC, NAME YOUR CATEGORY:ON ROAD NITRO TOURING CARS,OFF ROAD NITRO BUGGIES,OFF ROAD NITRO TRUGGIES OR STADIUM TRUCKS,OFF ROAD MONSTER TRUCKS,NITRO BOATS, AND NITRO AIRPLANES.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Baja5BLST

Default RE: WHO HAS THE FASTEST RC ON RCUNIVERSE?

seriously, who really cares? Speed is just a number. It doesn't prove more than that you can drop a lot of money into a car. Some time too. It's all the car. All the driver has to do, is to put it together, then start it, tune it a little, and pull the trigger. Takes nearly no skill, except for mechanical expertise, and creativity. It's 99% car here.
But you might as well make a custom car, because that is far cooler than making a car fast.

No, what's cool, is being at to say that you are the fastest at your track, because that takes skill and a lot of practise. It doesn't matter what you drive at that point. It's 95% driver, 5% car. You'll go faster with a better car, but if you can be handed a rtr smartech, and still win, that's just awesome.

There are planes on here that go faster than any rc has ever gone. Hell, that Brushless Stryker plane goes 75+ right out of the box, and with a 4C or 5C Li-po, and a better motor, 120 isn't much of a challenge.

Some people will argue with me, but I'd have to say the majority of people would rather see a custom car, or your fast lap, rather than a 80mph 1/8 buggy.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 AM
aer-wubby

Hehe, Baja, I'm pretty sure he was just curious to see a set up that hits 100+ MPH..
Old 07-03-2007, 05:36 AM
R/Cpullerdude

ORIGINAL: Baja5BLST

seriously, who really cares? Speed is just a number. It doesn't prove more than that you can drop a lot of money into a car. Some time too. It's all the car. All the driver has to do, is to put it together, then start it, tune it a little, and pull the trigger. Takes nearly no skill, except for mechanical expertise, and creativity. It's 99% car here.
But you might as well make a custom car, because that is far cooler than making a car fast.

No, what's cool, is being at to say that you are the fastest at your track, because that takes skill and a lot of practise. It doesn't matter what you drive at that point. It's 95% driver, 5% car. You'll go faster with a better car, but if you can be handed a rtr smartech, and still win, that's just awesome.

There are planes on here that go faster than any rc has ever gone. Hell, that Brushless Stryker plane goes 75+ right out of the box, and with a 4C or 5C Li-po, and a better motor, 120 isn't much of a challenge.

Some people will argue with me, but I'd have to say the majority of people would rather see a custom car, or your fast lap, rather than a 80mph 1/8 buggy.

I couldn't agree more.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Beasley1

Mines not the slowest. http://youtube.com/watch?v=M8Lv01kOjN4

On Road Nitro 4tec
Old 07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
ttoks

i think it'z miamiz finest is constructing a 100 mph RS4, and i'm not to sure, but i think there are nitro planes on here that have hit 230 mph in a drive, you'd have to talk to some of the plane guys.

just looked over on the rc plane section, the rc speed recored for a prop driven plane in level flight is 213 mph... in a dive you can get a lot faster then in level flight.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Nick2618

how fast can those jet planes go?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Suprachrgd82

Well, I'd like to know. For those of us who are into overpowered, uncontrollably fast, street beasts, this is a great means of keeping a competitive edge. Knowing what the [competition] has keeps us tuning our cars to go faster.

If you don't like the thread, don't read it or take the time to post on it. But don't rip on those who do want to take part; we don't rip on you.

Now back to the topic:

The best I got out of my .15-powered NTC3: 73mph with VSM
Old 07-03-2007, 11:21 AM
ttoks

i would like to find out...
Old 07-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Beasley1

ORIGINAL: ttoks

i would like to find out...
x2
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 PM
ttoks

done some more reading on the rc planes, unofficial speed recored for a prop plane in level flight is 244 MPH...

now imagine that plane in a drive with the wind behind it [X(]
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
rcdude37

ORIGINAL: nick2618

... faster than a person can react to... level flight, well i fly with a guy who has one that will top 300mph.... put that into a dive and you could probably hit 350-400 i would guess....

and i couldn't agree more with baja's post... its not about speed... most rc pilots don't fly their planes in level flight, we seem to have a thing for going straight up, or hanging it on the prop(hovering like a helli) and i tell you that takes way more than level flight, i could get a plane up and hand the controls to a person and they could be flying 100mph passes in a matter of minutes but hovering it in one spot could take years...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: rcdude37

ORIGINAL: nick2618

... faster than a person can react to... level flight, well i fly with a guy who has one that will top 300mph.... put that into a dive and you could probably hit 350-400 i would guess....

and i couldn't agree more with baja's post... its not about speed... most rc pilots don't fly their planes in level flight, we seem to have a thing for going straight up, or hanging it on the prop(hovering like a helli) and i tell you that takes way more than level flight, i could get a plane up and hand the controls to a person and they could be flying 100mph passes in a matter of minutes but hovering it in one spot could take years...
That sounds pretty cool. I want to see a jet plane fly sometime.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Baja5BLST

go onto youtube.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 PM
SAVAGEJIM

...Speed is just a number...
Actually, speed is the rate of motion of one object in relation to another. The number that we call "speed" is merely a symbol we created to describe this phenomenon.

(Gawd, I love semantics!)

Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I do have to admit that I too have been bitten by the speed bug on several occasions. RC speed bragging rights is like owning a Corvette; you really dont need it, but it sure is really cool to have it.

I agree with Suprachrgd82 on what he said. For those who are interested in max speed, let them discuss it. For those who think its stupid, that's all good, it's your opinion and you guys are entitled to it.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

LOL, I can already tell this is going to be an all out war. Fastest r/c I ever had was a nice brushless Rustler that had a $300 LRP Sphere Comp ESC/Reedy Neo-4 Star motor. It hit around upper 40's lower 50's maybe.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Mr. Mugen

Well well well......I guess the fastest one I have is an A-7 Corsair II from jet hangar intl. It will top 180mph with a tail wind. Then there is the mini t that I know hit 75 before going to extreme's with my power plant. I am currently building a 130mph stryker.

Baja-Why? First off do you realy think it's 99% car? If so I'd hate to have you set mine up. If all you do is drive, I can see how you came to this conclusion. However there are a bunch of us who spend a lot of time in the shop tinkering until we get that extra 5mph out of our set ups. I mean no crap the car is the thing hitting these speeds, but do you think they build themselves? Or drive themselves?

Why do folks take something and turn it into a negative festival? I think the phrase "big fish....little pond" is suitable for some folks.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Nick2618

go onto youtube.
I dont think a low quailty video on youtube would do a jet plane justice. I just would like to see it in person. and i think i found someone in my area who i can see but there is a burn ban so they can not fly them now. []
Old 07-06-2007, 08:53 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Takedown

LOL, I can already tell this is going to be an all out war. Fastest r/c I ever had was a nice brushless Rustler that had a $300 LRP Sphere Comp ESC/Reedy Neo-4 Star motor. It hit around upper 40's lower 50's maybe.
With the leaps and bounds electrics are bringing into RCs and that proliferate into motors, I can totally see motors totally outdoing all engines, reciprocating and turbine, by leaps and bounds. Some motors can turn more than 50000RPM under load, and I even hear of a Novak brushless advertised at 100000RPM! No reciprocating engine will even see 100000RPM (unless a major break through such as new materials, metallurgical advances, and so forth).

In short, an electric RC with today's motor technology, will spank engines with east. Sorry nitro guys, but when it comes to motor versus engine, the best motor will always spank the best engine in performance. I myself am a nitro fan, but I have to concede this to the motor guys.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, I must clarify the terms motor and engine. An engine is always a mechanical device powered by some sort of combustion or heat. A motor is always an electric device that has electricity applied to it to power it. I do not use the words motor and engine interchangably. When I say motor, I always mean electric. When I say engine, I mean one that is powered by some sort of combustion (reciprocating pistons, turbines, rotaries, etc.). We here in the American continents have become lazy and began to use the term "motor" to mean both an engine and electric motor. We must stop this trend and not mix their definitions. (Sorry, this is just one of my pet peeves.)

I forgot to reference turbine engines in the original post. Turbines do have the potential to power an RC car or truck to very high speeds; whether a turbine powered jet car can beat an electric car, I dont know. But I sure would like to see which of the two would be faster.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Nathan9492

whatever.Who cares seriously.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know my revo and x-cellerator arent the fastest cars but there not slow at revo=40ish and x-cellerator is 45-50ish (when it ran) But what is the record for the fastest rc car? I think it was an electric (correct me if i am wrong)
Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 PM
ttoks

the 244 mph run with that plane was a brushless system, it as tiny, and every cubic cm of space inside the body of the plane was battery, brushless has already overtaken nitro in max speed, you wont see a nitro plane or car touch a good brushless setup in speed.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:17 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Nathan9492

whatever.Who cares seriously.
Who cares about RC top speed? Actually, most RC hobbyists do care about it significantly. Though there are many that are taking up a movemnt in the RC forums to try to play down RC top speed, this movement will not squash the interest in just how fast an RC can go.

There are many who will say "driving skills and handling are the most important thing for RCs, on the track and bashing." This is correct. BUT there are also straight-line all-out speed driving people out there too. Though there are no formal and sanctioned competitions that pit one proported fastest RC against another, EVERY RC fan has taken their vehicle down the road for a straight line pass at full trigger just to see how fast it goes.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know if we have any member of the 100 MPH club for boats here on RCU and yes, they call it a club but you have to be verified.
I know the guy who is the owner of the fastest R/C drag car at .98 seconds in the scale 1/4 mile (132 feet). I've been trying to get him to join up here.
Going for pure speed is one thing if that's what you're into. Most 60-70 MPH cars and trucks won't do you any real good in the world of racing on most tracks as you don't have the room to use it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.