Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Biking thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 PM
drag racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biking thread

i dont know if there is one out there but anyways i thought id make a biking thread, just to talk about random bike stuff.
for example i just got to ride my friends norco bigfoot the other day and im thinking about getting one. those things are awesome.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:51 PM
aer-wubby

Default RE: Biking thread

Just got this bad boy yesterday .

I BMX, of course.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:37 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody mountainbike? I try to go as much as i can whick isnt much. I mostly ride dirt.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
aer-wubby

Just curios.. What do you actually do on a mountain bike beside riding around? Just ride trails, right? No tricks or anything?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aer-wubby

Just curios.. What do you actually do on a mountain bike beside riding around? Just ride trails, right? No tricks or anything?
I think they ride in mountains, like jumping stuff. I'm not sure but I've seen a few pictures.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

Yeah tricks and stuff. I love it.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 PM
So Cal

Ya pretty much jumping and stuff. At my cousins hous in Running springs ther is abunch of jusmp that are huge. And fun. I like downhill racing too. (where you go down a super steep hill like as fast as you can without falling.) I also like to just ride trails. Has anyone heard of trials biking? Its like where you ride on stuff like walls fairly slow, i try to do that stuff but cant keep my balance on something that small. So i biult a trials course, well the biginning of one, it is just 2 2x4's laid down next to eachother about 6-8 inches apart from eachother then put 10-12 inch long 1x6's on top of them to make like a bridge. I made one of those that is about 15ft long ang about 3 and a half feet off the ground. I usually use it to stand on when driving my revo on my track. I have a Specialized Hardrock sport with front suspention (couldnt afford full) and i love it. I can do wheeleys for miles and a 180 out of the bowl at my local skate park. I can out bmx one of my friends with in at the skate park...its pretty funny, but then again im on it every day almost.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 PM
aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: So Cal Nitro Basher

Ya pretty much jumping and stuff. At my cousins hous in Running springs ther is abunch of jusmp that are huge. And fun. I like downhill racing too. (where you go down a super steep hill like as fast as you can without falling.) I also like to just ride trails. Has anyone heard of trials biking? Its like where you ride on stuff like walls fairly slow, i try to do that stuff but cant keep my balance on something that small. So i biult a trials course, well the biginning of one, it is just 2 2x4's laid down next to eachother about 6-8 inches apart from eachother then put 10-12 inch long 1x6's on top of them to make like a bridge. I made one of those that is about 15ft long ang about 3 and a half feet off the ground. I usually use it to stand on when driving my revo on my track. I have a Specialized Hardrock sport with front suspention (couldnt afford full) and i love it. I can do wheeleys for miles and a 180 out of the bowl at my local skate park. I can out bmx one of my friends with in at the skate park...its pretty funny, but then again im on it every day almost.
Nice man. You should seriously hop on a nice BMX bike. You'll LOVE it. In my opinion, BMX bikes can do what mountain bikes do (except shock absorb) and then some, that's why I love it so much!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 PM
DarkFire989

I would love to start Down Hilling, I need to get one DH bike though, mad expensive. I want a specialized Big Hit or Demo.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Pyrotechnic

heres a few examples what mountain biking is....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JBxqUQa7j...elated&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eVAccWTrn...elated&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A5tcrn6x8g4

i have an ironhorse warrior 3.0 right now. its a great beginner bike if your looking to get into mountain biking, but now im looking for the next step up, which would be a full suspention. im hoping to get an ironhorse 7point3 or 7point5. but it depends on how much money i can save up.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: Pyrotechnic

i have an ironhorse warrior 3.0 right now. its a great beginner bike if your looking to get into mountain biking, but now im looking for the next step up, which would be a full suspention. im hoping to get an ironhorse 7point3 or 7point5. but it depends on how much money i can save up.
Thats sick. Changed my view on mount biking! Takes some serious balls to go that quick in such narrow paths.

Here are two of my favorite BMX vids..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8U4_C4RQUC0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eDJdlut1g4Y
Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Pyrotechnic

yea, mountain biking definaltly takes some nerves of steal. i havent done anything like that, yet, haha. but i cant wait to get a new FS bike so i can start working on my bike skills.

Has anyone heard of trials biking?
yup. i gave that a try too, but i havent found my ballance point yet. takes A LOT of practice. heres a quick vid for those who dont know what trials is.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXApPXKzmDw
Old 09-18-2007, 08:33 PM
So Cal

I live mountain biking. i have ridden a 20 inch Haro and i live it, but i have other things i want more than a bike right now, but am planning on getting the new Daimondback '08 grind. It is a good bike from what i hear and its not too expensive...
Old 09-18-2007, 08:56 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Pyrotechnic

Thats sick. Changed my view on mount biking! Takes some serious balls to go that quick in such narrow paths.

Here are two of my favorite BMX vids..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8U4_C4RQUC0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eDJdlut1g4Y
Same here, those guys look like they were riding MX bikes! After watching so many BMX vids like Animal, its weird seeing a suspension on a bicycle.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 PM
So Cal

The bikes with full suspention are waaay fun to ride. i rode one and couldnt feel a thing.....very nice.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 AM
The_Lost_Otter

Just got this bad boy yesterday .

I BMX, of course.
nice two-hip play-boi... i getting the we the people 4 seasons
Old 09-19-2007, 01:46 PM
SpikeX

I'm only 13 years old, and I am starting to go on downhill tracks. I have a Specialized FSR XC Comp, which is not really a downhill bike so I have fallen a few times. What do you guys think of the FSR XC Comp? Is it a decent bike for downhill / freeride tracks?

I really want a Specialized Enduro, which is more of a downhill bike (but it can do extremely well going uphill). The problem is the price...

I also have a Diamondback Coil '03 (which I use here in my hometown - the XC is in the Alps in Switzerland), which is getting tired and worn out now, so my dad offered to by me a new one, probably a Specialized P.3 or something (he says the Endure is to expensive).
Old 09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
DarkFire989

Yeah the enduro is very pricey, P3 are sick bikes, I wish I had one[] Why not try for a Big Hit, they are nice, my neighbor has an older one and it is sick. Im thinking about a big hit once i get the money. But if your dad is buying you a new bike you are one lucky boy. there is no way my parents would give to 2K for a bike. So i just have to stick with my hardrock sport disc for now.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:18 PM
SpikeX

I really wanted a BigHit, but he said no because they can't go uphill at all and we do have to go uphill sometimes (I do trail riding also). However, I might convince him this time round, as the BigHit is much much cheaper than the Enduro. I also quite like the Stumpjumper...

I think the P.3 is $800 or so here in Germany. I know that I am extremely lucky however.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 PM
DarkFire989

800 us dollars?!?!? or your currency?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:53 PM
SpikeX

Sorry, I meant 800 EUR. That's $1,120. I don't really think that the P.3 is worth that price, now that I look at it...

I can get a second FSR XC Pro (much better) for $1,400 or an Enduro Comp for $2,400. Plus I can sell my old Diamondback which might get me about $300.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

I have a FSR XC pro. I got for 1300 cause it was a demo bike, and was used like 4 times. Love it!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
DarkFire989

You guys are making me jelous with all your nice bikes.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:02 PM
drag racer

i just got a job today so im gonna get a new bike. icant decide on a dh a hardtail or a cheaper trials bike. i had a trials biking thread awhile back. i can trackstand as long as i like and im working on backhops and bunny hop trackstands. i mostly ride strret but if i do get a dh i have 200acres of land i can build on..[>:] ive got a schwinn 240-dsx with front wire disc brakes[:'(] im selling some of my bikes that i dont use any more. theyr alright bikes nothing special but any ideas what i can get? its a dyno pro issue. i forget what the other ones are ill check later.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:42 PM
DarkFire989

Im gona try and get a job too this week, start saving up for a DH bike, Im probably going for a Big Hit. But that will be a while since its like 2900 dollars. Im not sure though, my neighbor has a older one and might sell it to get a newer one, i might buy his as a starter DH bike. But his younger brother is 14 and might buy it off of him. I would love a Big Hit for DH and trail riding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.