Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Kind of worried

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:04 PM
-EXTRA-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kind of worried

I ordered from www.onlinecarstereo.com almost a week ago and made a 307$ order and UPS says it has been shipped but i cannot track where it is all it says is its been shipped etc. iv emailed them twice and get the same computered resonse and cannot get them on the phone...should i be worried?
Old 01-30-2008, 03:30 PM
The Hedgehog

Default RE: Kind of worried

Nope
Old 01-30-2008, 07:48 PM
A.B.U

UPS always says it's been shipped until like, a day or so before it arrives.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Nick2618

call ups with the tracking number and ask them whats up with it. When ever i use UPS tracking it shows every step of the way. But USPS dose not show everything just shipping and reciving date.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 AM
-EXTRA-

Ok i called UPS and got a voice audio person and told it my shipping number it said that the shipment is pending meaning the shipper has contacted them but UPS has not recived the package yet.This is what there web site tells me..

Tracking Detail | Help

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.

Tracking Number: 1Z 2YX 990 03 4861 285 7
Type: Package
Shipped To: WEST MONROE, LA, US
Shipped/Billed On: 01/24/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 6.00 Lbs

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Tracking results provided by UPS: 01/31/2008 12:02 A.M. ET

Get Notified: Quantum View NotifySM
Log in or register to e-mail this page to up to three recipients. UPS can also notify you via e-mail when this shipment is delivered or if an exception occurs.

Register

This is what i recive everytime i Email them REMINDER i have yet to get a response from an actual person..

Thank you for submitting a ticket to our customer service department. Your ticket number is [160-0F33A23A-69D9].

Please keep this ticket number for your records and include it in the subject (including brackets) of all future emails regarding this issue.

To ensure a response to your inquiry please make sure you have first met the guidelines below:
1) You have read our Company policy, using the following link:
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/Help/HelpPolicy.aspx

2) You have read our Help Desk section, using the following link:
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/HelpDesk.aspx

3) Your inquiry was not answered in any of the above links.

If you have followed these guidelines, rest assured that your email will be reviewed and answered in a timely manner. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response. There is no need to send multiple copies of the same request.

Please note that due to the large volume of emails we receive, we are not always able to answer a question that is already answered on our site.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

Sincerely,
The Onlinecarstereo.com Team
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/
[email protected]
Toll Free: (888) 615-5663
Phone: (310) 360-8828
Fax: (323)446-7394

So i'm lost!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:20 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry yet, you have to give it a certain amount of time before you cry foul. Things happen, trucks crash, equipment gets destroyed, you never know what the reason might be. In the meantime, keep trying to contact them. If the worst comes to the worst, file with your credit card company.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
boltech

No worries. Ground shipment can be subject to all kinds of delays. I had a ground shipment item delayed 3 days during shipment because it missed a train. UPS was at least nice enough to note it on the tracking.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Nick2618

accroding to the tracking info ups dose not have the package yet...

It only says billing info recived. [:@]
Old 01-31-2008, 11:57 AM
RCtruckRacer

Nick is correct. UPS has not picked up or received the shipment yet.

Here is the BBB report for them: [link]http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=131415 92[/link]

All of the local contact info is there, perhaps you can reach them on their local Ph# instead of using the 888#. When you called, were you able to leave a message? If so, did you? Some companies, especially on-line only ones, save money by not hiring someone to answer the phone. Saves about $30K a year in salary and bene's. I use an office supply place just like that. But they return any calls almost always the same day.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:06 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

Nick is correct. UPS has not picked up or received the shipment yet.

Here is the BBB report for them: [link]http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=131415 92[/link]

All of the local contact info is there, perhaps you can reach them on their local Ph# instead of using the 888#. When you called, were you able to leave a message? If so, did you? Some companies, especially on-line only ones, save money by not hiring someone to answer the phone. Saves about $30K a year in salary and bene's. I use an office supply place just like that. But they return any calls almost always the same day.
i did not leave them a message i will though and why do you think UPS has not got the package yet?its been a week...
Old 01-31-2008, 02:42 PM
RCtruckRacer

This means that UPS has assigned a tracking # to the package, but it has not yet been scanned by UPS. Meaning that it has not been picked up yet. After a driver picks up a package, it goes to the routing office where it is scanned when its unloaded. That scan info is usually available within an hour or so on the website.

Most places that ship frequently with UPS have a computer (and label printers) connected to UPS and a truck that picks up packages one or more times a day. When the label is generated, it is assigned a tracking # by UPS. Hence the "shipping info received." You know the very day that UPS gets the package and scans it, as they update their system frequently.

Hopefully your order was delayed because something was out of stock, and they just didn't notify you.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Nick2618

i assume you paid with a credit card. so tell them to if they do not tell you whats up with order in the next day or two. You will call the card company and dispute the transaction.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:59 AM
-EXTRA-

Ok thanks guys ill update you with any info i get.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:08 AM
-EXTRA-

YES! i checked 1 last time at UPS.com and saw this!

and an origin scan and everything below it! whew im so relived thank god im really happy now lol says it should be here feb. the 5th