Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

American Idol (maybe a bit of Survivor, too)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Anomie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Idol (maybe a bit of Survivor, too)

Who's watching? Can you believe that Asia'h was booted instead of Kristy Lee? I'd like an explanation from the 18+ million voters [:-]

Old 03-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: American Idol

Kristy Lee = smoking hot country girl. I am glad she made it just so I can see what she wears on stage each week. I really like the way she is put together.

Glad that weirdo Noriega is gone. Kid freaked me out. I was uncomfortable just watching him talk and perform and what's up with Amanda Overmyer? Chick is 23 and looks and sings like she is 45 years old. It is really weird. It's like she time traveled right out of the late 60's. I wanted to see her go bye bye.

Guys will be the ones to beat this year... Not as impressed with the chickies.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Anomie

True, Kristy is a lovely one, but Asia'h had the better vocals for the pop material, in my opinion. If Kristy had some country tracks with which to work, she'd be unstoppable. I do think that Syesha has the best voice of the girls.

For the guys, just seeing how Danny reacted to Simon's comments was worth some serious entertainment value. He won't be missed that much.

I agree the guys are the ones to beat. Mainly the three Davids.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:12 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't there a limit on the amount of "threads for women" posted every decade?

LOL

I hate American Idol though..[:@]
Old 03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

LOL

I was waiting for someone to post this before I did. I just dont get how you can waste an hour of your day watching people sing and get made fun of. Just boring if you ask me.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Evader ---> MGT

I watched it last night, and I'm sure glad Dan is gone! [:'(]

Can't stand those "kinds" of people...

And I'm with Dale on Kristy... hehe
Old 03-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

LOL

Yes, and we're behind by about 500 or so. I'm doing my best to get us on track

I think David Archuleta or Syesha will win the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
ferrarimk13

i like how the guy from australia sings, dont know their names though. Im glad that "thing" got voted off. He's more feminine than most of my friends, which are true girls.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Anomie

Yes, Michael Johns is from Australia I believe, and he has a great voice. He showed off better vocals in the previous weeks, but still this last performance was really good.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Anomie

Last night's performances were great, and I think Syesha, David Cook and Chikezie really stood out. Brooke was lovely and really came across well behind the piano, too. I was thinking of how much playing an instrument might dim her concentration, but it just held up!

David Archuleta struggled with a bad choice of tune, but still did pretty nicely with the vocal. Ramiele looked a bit stiff, and didn't seem to enjoy her show as much as in past weeks.

Kristy Lee's country-inspired vocals came across really well, but overall I don't think the arrangement of the song in that style worked very well (and neither did any of the judges []). She sings beautifully, but may end up ousted tonight along with Jason Castro.

Anyone want to chime in?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Kristy Lee is 100% going away. Only one gets voted off in the top 12 right? So she will be the only one going. Irish chick is hot.

Dude with the dreads is cool. Most guys are pretty good except that gay dude from Arizona.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Only one gets voted off in the top 12 right?
Yes, I think just one. I was still stuck on the past weeks with 2 going each round.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Anomie

Well, so much for that assumption! It's too bad David's best performance was a few weeks ago. He could have used that last night for sure. It will be interesting to see where Kristy's performance leads her next week.

It also looks as if Syesha didn't get a lot of votes either. Personally, I think she's been one of the most consistent.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Anomie

Well, here we are almost a week later and no one is watching []

Here's my opinion:

I'm liking all of the Beatles tunes, but two weeks in a row is not easy on the performers. Kristy Lee did a better job this week, but alas I think she's going (I also thought so last week!).

Two of the three Davids are still going strong. Archuleta may have done himself a disservice by choosing 'Imagine' prior to the required Lennon/McCartney song choices. That performance really shined over the rest, and moved more than a few participants (and a judge) to tears. I think he hit the top there, and now there is only one way to go. He'll have to belt it out good from now on. David Cook dropped a notch after 'Eleanor Rigby', but was still one of the best of the night.

I think Amanda and Ramiele are played out, and it could be one of them booted tonight if Kristy Lee stays. Other potential losses could be Michael or Chikezie. Syesha was wonderfully emotional with the guitar accompaniment, so I believe she's safe. Brooke too. Carly will definitely be around until the end.

We'll just have to see.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Anomie

It's my own thread! Yippeee!

Anyway, Amanda didn't look too happy about leaving, and stumbled through her final performance. I can understand that, especially as things progress and become more dramatic throughout the competition. I think it was time, though.

Next week, it will be tougher []
Old 03-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Anomie

Once again, many predictions were correct and Chikezie is outy. I didn't like seeing Syesha in the bottom three again, and neither did the judges. At least she made it another week!

Kristy Lee is really riding the wave from her performance last night, and she seems to be more popular among the voting public.

We'll see if anyone else comments this week []
Old 03-27-2008, 09:21 AM
VIPER458

ORIGINAL: Reiko

Once again, many predictions were correct and Chikezie is outy. I didn't like seeing Syesha in the bottom three again, and neither did the judges. At least she made it another week!

Kristy Lee is really riding the wave from her performance last night, and she seems to be more popular among the voting public.

We'll see if anyone else comments this week []
commenting....

i think kristy lee chose a really good song. shes actually the only one i watched. so i dunno how everyone else did....

done commenting.....

Old 03-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Anomie

True, that was a good song for her, but some people thought it might be a tad mushy and ingratiating. Personally, I think it was very appropriate and she definitely has the vocal prowess to pull it off.

I think David Cook or possibly Brooke will win the whole thing.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:06 PM
ferrarimk13

brooke's very good looking, lol. she sings well, but song choices are ehh. That australian is still my favorite, that queen was awesome.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:14 PM
Anomie

True, Michael Johns does a great job with the Freddie Mercury material - and he's a tough act to follow. I also agree that Brooke is gorgeous. Her vocals are right in line with some of Carly Simon's material, too. I really hope she hangs on until the end (if not beyond!)

Looking forward to tomorrow's performances from all [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Have you noticed how much she favors Carly Simon in a profile shot? I like Carly Smithson, I think that is her name. I think she has been most consistent in her performances.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Anomie

Brooke does look quite a bit like Carly Simon, and when she performed one of Simon's songs it was all that much more apparent. I agree about Carly Smithson. She has been one of my favorites as well. We'll see what happens tonight!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Anomie

Any episode of this show involving banter between Ryan and Simon is good

Both Cook and Johns really stood out! I also thought Brooke, Carly and Kristy Lee had perfect voices for performing Dolly's material. Syesha really took on the bull with her song choice, and I believe it was better than the judges' criticisms. She really has an amazing range and expresses more with her face now than weeks ago. Such a smiley, that one.

Archuleta was great and seems to be back in stride, too. I have no idea who to pick for tonight's vote.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Anomie

At least Syesha wasn't in the bottom three this time! Oh, and Kristy hangs on still. Ramiele really turned on the water works (as expected) when she lost it, but still her vocals hit the mark.

I think Dolly's voice was off, and that is why her mic level was so low. I haven't heard her sing in a while. It seems to me that she had quite a bit more power in years past. Still a sweetie, though. I think she has the hots for Simon [X(]

Those opening numbers are no longer idol-rific, if you ask me. They all sing well enough, but I'm just saying.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Anomie

I guess the thread interest has gone downhill. I figured more people would be watching Idol and want to speak up.

Once again Kristy is spot-on with the song choice. She performed beautifully, if you ask me [sm=thumbs_up.gif] It's funny that in the beginning of the Hollywood segment, it seemed Asia'h really stood head and shoulders above Kristy's talent. Asia'h was (surprisingly) gone in the first week, and then Kristy's songs lost a bit of what she initially had. Now that she's on the uphill again, maybe it was good to keep her around at that early stage. She can certainly belt out the country vocals.

Cook fell off a bit, as did Carly (although her eyes told the whole story - gorgeous), and I though Michael really stood out along with Kristy Lee. And again Syesha was under-appreciated by the judges. I may have to write a strongly worded letter!

It also looked as if someone threw dirt in Randy's coke - he sure was tough on the first few before mellowing out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.