Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Whats going on with my MAC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:23 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats going on with my MAC?

Hey guys, yesterday my mac went outta wack.... my brother got off and once i got on when ever i would typ the letter next to it would typ to, and when i hit backspace a + would come up..... I took the keys off the board and cleaned then one by one and the board itself, still nothing..... And then my mouse went all weird when I would click the left mouse button it would do what the right one would do. when i would click the right it did what it was supposed to.... but now the mouse if fine...... I dont get it? We changed the batterys in the keyboard but still nothing..... help? Thanks!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Rob6

Default RE: Whats going on with my MAC?

What Mac is it? Please supply the Specifications.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:08 PM
cmerritt

when did you get it? if you have apple care then take it into the mac store and they'll fix it.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: cmerritt

when did you get it? if you have apple care then take it into the mac store and they'll fix it.
Yep, and they will do it for free and less than 2-3 days. Matter how busy they are. If its running Leopard I would crank up time machine back up everything you have then do a complete fresh install. It will wipe everything on the HD and then reinstall the OS. Then as you set it up there will be a step were they ask you do you want to transfer from another mac start fresh or start up from a time machine back up. You will choose this. That is if your running 10.5 and not 10.4-10.3.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:46 PM
DarkFire989

Maybe your brother downloaded a program that would mess up the keyboard and mouse. A few kids and I have written such programs in our Programming Class.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:05 PM
madmax22

Its running leopard. my bro is trying to find out whats wrong with it.. we bought it about 3 years ago. if he doesnt fix it we are going to ttry a different keyboard if not we are taking it to the apple store. Thanks for the reply's guys!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: madmax22

Its running leopard. my bro is trying to find out whats wrong with it.. we bought it about 3 years ago. if he doesnt fix it we are going to ttry a different keyboard if not we are taking it to the apple store. Thanks for the reply's guys!
If the new keyboard dont work do what i said to do in the earlier post. THEN take it to the apple store if it persists.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

You are wrong, MAC'S have absolutley no problems because according to those tv ads MAC's beat PC's in every way possible. So whatever you do dont wish you bought a PC because then your problems would only be 10 times worse RIGHT?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: divine_13

You are wrong, MAC'S have absolutley no problems because according to those tv ads MAC's beat PC's in every way possible. So whatever you do dont wish you bought a PC because then your problems would only be 10 times worse RIGHT?
Wow someone is a little cocky! Macs are 10X better but they ARE NOT perfect. Why don't you try getting a PC from 1999-2000 to run vista. I can get A iMac G3 and put leopard on it. It wont run the best but there wont be a problem putting it on there. This does sound like a hardware issue. Yes macs arnt not perfect but they are better than your 3rd party OS.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:41 PM
dsales

My friend bought the new iMac recoently and it worked fine for about a week, then it just died and would not turn on. Turned out that the whole motherboard had burned out and needed to be replaced [:@]
Looks like Macs arnt as perfect as I thought they were and they seem to not work as much as a PC does as they always die quicker.
As sad as it may seem, as long as the PC has a good antivirus software it will out perform and outlive a Mac. FACT
Old 06-02-2008, 03:49 PM
madmax22

ok well we took it to the store and it was just they key board.... They didnt have a new or used one we could buy so we are waiting on a new keyboard..... Thanks guys..

I dont know thought, we trried a key board from my dad's dell and it still didnt work but when we took it there he got it to work? Maybe he did something to it?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: dsales

My friend bought the new iMac recoently and it worked fine for about a week, then it just died and would not turn on. Turned out that the whole motherboard had burned out and needed to be replaced [:@]
Looks like Macs arnt as perfect as I thought they were and they seem to not work as much as a PC does as they always die quicker.
As sad as it may seem, as long as the PC has a good antivirus software it will out perform and outlive a Mac. FACT
This is the greatest joke I have all day! Thanks for the laugh!

I figured it was something hardware. Anyways, what keyboard you getting the slim wireless one or the slim wired one? Or a non-Apple one?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:12 PM
madmax22

slim wired
Old 06-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: dsales

I am writing this on my 4TH macbook. 2 hard drives, optical drive replaced on saturday, and you know what? I LOVE IT! When I first got my macbook, there was a problem with it so I brought it back. with in 30min, they offered me a new one. Pretty much the same thing with everything else. Anything they can do at the Genius bar, they will do for free. No labor costs, no part costs. I have gotten receipts with prices from $30 to $1100. All for free! Not matter if you have apple care, pro care or anything! I was at the apple store, I know everyone there by first name, and am know as the "kid with the white MB". We have 5 macs in our house. All are AMAZING. I will NEVER buy another windows.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
madmax22

Yea we love the MAC. We have 2 iphones in the house and had a problem with one when it was new, got a brand new one, they even took all the songs and stuff off the old one and put it on the new one.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Rob6

Yeah like I said there not perfect. But the service is so nice and so much better its not even funny.
If anyone follows me on youtube (http://youtube.com/robertd63) I have a Mac Mini and there was water dumped on it. So I thought it was a lemon not knowing that there was water spilled on it. The fans ran a full blast got like 5-6 kernel panics and it was just not acting normal. So I took it in and they told me that it had water damage and they replaced it all for free! I was so happy!!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Nik.

ORIGINAL: Spdsk8er

We have 5 macs in our house. All are AMAZING. I will NEVER buy another windows.

"Windows" doesn't make computers
Old 06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
madmax22

ORIGINAL: Rob6

Yeah like I said there not perfect. But the service is so nice and so much better its not even funny.
If anyone follows me on youtube (http://youtube.com/robertd63) I have a Mac Mini and there was water dumped on it. So I thought it was a lemon not knowing that there was water spilled on it. The fans ran a full blast got like 5-6 kernel panics and it was just not acting normal. So I took it in and they told me that it had water damage and they replaced it all for free! I was so happy!!
They are mad nice over there to.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Nik.

ORIGINAL: Spdsk8er

We have 5 macs in our house. All are AMAZING. I will NEVER buy another windows.

"Windows" doesn't make computers
But they are an operating system. I am not going to say a dell, HP or whatever.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:54 AM
dsales

I also love Macs, everyone in my house has a Mac and iPhone. It just annoys me that they build something great and then ruin it with bad quality control checks probabaly, atleast they make up for it with their customer service but 2 of my friends have been put of buying Macs because of then not working.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Doahh

Wow too bad Macs can't run most any windows program...
Or have a Tablet under 3000 bucks
Old 06-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: Doahh

Wow too bad Macs can't run most any windows program...
Or have a Tablet under 3000 bucks
I agree with you on the Tablet part but if your saying that you cant find any software for the Mac you are sadly mistaking. Mac OS X has more apps than windows. Its hard to believe but if i google a app its there for mac and i cant seem to find a windows side to it. Its no longer 2003 Mac OS X has no compatibility issues.
EDIT your mistaking on the Tablet. Meet the ModBook:
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/modbook
Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 PM
2DMaxLST!!

More apps for MAC??
Old 06-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

More apps for MAC??
Yep! Ever hear of Chris Pirillo? GO check him out then come back.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:31 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Well I assure you there is much more software written for Windows than any other OS on the planet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.