Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
Under 10 years old
9.47%
10-15 years old
44.21%
15-20 years old
18.95%
20+
16.84%
Not yet...
10.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

at what age did you get a cell phone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Anomie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: at what age did you get a cell phone?

ORIGINAL: TedMo

Supposedly this an RC forum let's keep it that way. I've seen posts on what song are you listening to??? This generation has much to learn but doubt they will.
ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

This is the off-topic forum.......
Quite right, and these subjects are fine here.

As for this generation, there is also much knowledge. Tact represents some of it [X(]
Old 08-13-2008, 07:06 PM
DaveG55

A good rant CONGRADULATIONS. I guess texting is a necessity since they can't spell. I'm 82 how did I ever survive???

Supposedly this an RC forum let's keep it that way. I've seen posts on what song are you listening to??? This generation has much to learn but doubt they will.

Lets see, 82y/o huh? That would have made you a teenager in the late 30's. Wonder what your grandparents thought of swing music or your generation? Probably not too much but ya'll turned out ok. Just like the newest one will. Just because their outlook and technology is different than your's was is no reason to doubt them.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Im 14 now and have my 1,2,3,4th phone now? I had a old motorola through fido (no coverage in my area and i quit), got a lg 150 through virgin mobile... Then i returned it got my money back and got a first gen chocolate through sasktel... Just a little while ago i got a lg rumour (still through sasktel) for a present
Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 PM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Oh ya... and i go through 2000-5000 txts a month ... I have unlimited texting though!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: Reiko

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

This is the off-topic forum.......
Quite right, and these subjects are fine here.

As for this generation, there is also much knowledge. Tact represents some of it [X(]
I hope your kidding..right..If your talking about the "youth" having tact..i dont think most of them even know what it even means..
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
hands without shadows

You dont need to know what something is called to have it.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Anomie

Please, let us get past the interruption and continue with Auds' topic.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 PM
The_Lost_Otter

i got mine when i was 12? i weas mine often, i dont use it to just say hi to my friends. on average i make 10 important phone calls a day? texting saves me trouble, me and my friend can text each other back with out worrying about people hearing us talk. and i wont get asked 1000000 questions about what me and her said if we talked out loud.

some of you need to chill you beans about kids texting in school. you dont go to our school, and dont know why we text the people we text. i text my mom and dad sometimes, for racing. i miss school alot so they remind me about getting my stuff and all of it. i can text some one and ask where they are, how there are doing, or how hot a chick was... lol

after all, we are the myspace era...
Old 08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
warheadforever

I still don't like Cell phones......They were a nice thing back in the day, but now they are a bad thing....I mean I see people that just can't put it down....I mean they hold onto it like it is a break of gold or something... People drive with it, the eat with it, they do every thing with it in there hand....I hate it, I have almost be run over like 5 time by people talking on there cell phone whale driving....I think that is a pretty good incentive..
Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 PM
sunco1

Well. Ive only done that about twice. My norm is like 5k less. I get texts alot. I have alot of friends.

I'll ask my dad to scan the bill. Not sure if he will be willing to put his phone bill on the internet..
Old 08-18-2008, 07:20 PM
The Hedgehog

I was at the mall yesterday and I saw 4 girls side by side eachother sitting down. All had their heads buried in their cell phones texting away. Was very sad to say the least.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 PM
DaveG55

I don't get the "it's sad" part. Except for the technology it's not that different than when I was a preteen/teen and sat talking on the phone for hours at a stretch. My parents didn't understand that anymore than I understand thousands of texts per month. But that doesn't make it wrong or "sad", just a different thing for a different generation.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:41 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

I was at the mall yesterday and I saw 4 girls side by side eachother sitting down. All had their heads buried in their cell phones texting away. Was very sad to say the least.
ya, watch, they were texting each other because it was 'cool', i know of a person who goes to our church who i swear every 2 seconds is texting someone, its annoing, ive heard of people DYING in crashes because they texted, go figure, you can't hold a phone to your ear and talk yet you can text, go figure, i do have to say in the right circumstances they shure come in handy, outside of that, i do'nt know, is hard to say[&:]