Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Old people and Trends???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 AM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old people and Trends???

ORIGINAL: Mx314

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

Turbocharger....

Whats wrong with being a MX'er who just wants to ride?
Nothing
I just dont like those kids that think they are the best thing thats ever happened.
Like just becasue the wear Ogio, Astars and TLD that automaticly makes them a racer.
I.e. poser,,,

Yo, were talking about old people, not hide and seak
well we can talk about old people and trends right? or just old people and what trends they do or did? well maybe there old and thats trends they did? never know
Old 01-02-2009, 08:41 AM
DaveG55

I just dont like those kids that think they are the best thing thats ever happened.
Like just becasue the wear Ogio, Astars and TLD that automaticly makes them a racer.
I.e. poser,,,

I gotta tell ya, that sounds an awful lot like exactly what you're complaining about right there...

They dress it but aren't like me so I don't like it. You're prejudging them just like the old lady did you. So what they don't race, maybe they simply like the clothing.

And if you think peoples attitudes are confined to teens then you are very nieve.
I dress one way for my part time job (which is a dirty, hard job) and another way when I work in the hospital. I can be in my junk clothes and be treated one way- poorly (say in a store) and go change into my scrubs and, in the same store 30 minutes later, be treated with great respect by the same clerk. You just have to grow up and be secure in what YOU are and let other peoples prejudices slide off.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:14 AM
The Hedgehog

I.e. poser,,,
Now this is classic irony at best.

You make a thread about how you are tired of being judged on what you wear, and here you are saying you don't like certain people based on what they wear.

Absolutely classic. And I hate to break it to you, if I see a kid wearing a purple shirt, I can't help but have some biased opinions
Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Longhair

The easiest solution is not to care what other people are doing and worry about improving your self the best way you feel is right.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Longhair

The easiest solution is not to care what other people are doing and worry about improving your self the best way you feel is right.
Good advice. Sometimes I get some heat from my older friends because I still dress like a mid 90s skater punk, but it's comfortable and I still like the look. So what if I don't skateboard anymore? [&:] I still go to basement punk shows with broken glass on the floor, so I'm not worried about whether or not I'm legit. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

I.e. poser,,,
Now this is classic irony at best.

You make a thread about how you are tired of being judged on what you wear, and here you are saying you don't like certain people based on what they wear.

Absolutely classic. And I hate to break it to you, if I see a kid wearing a purple shirt, I can't help but have some biased opinions
Beat me to the post.. Couldn't of said it better (you to Dave).
Old 01-02-2009, 11:45 AM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I.e. poser,,,

I gotta tell ya, that sounds an awful lot like exactly what you're complaining about right there...
They dress it but aren't like me so I don't like it. You're prejudging them just like the old lady did you. So what they don't race, maybe they simply like the clothing.
I dont mind if they dress it.
I mind when there in my face telling me theyre sooo fast and win all there races, telling me all these lies about where and whgat hes done.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Dokioto

Now you saving your ***...[sm=lol.gif]

You said it....
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Art91

I've never been criticized by an adult for what I'm wearing. Other kids have said I dress odd. I'm still not sure why jeans, boots, and solid color shirts are considered odd, but whatever, I really don't care what some random kid thinks. Its my life not theirs.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: Art91

I've never been criticized by an adult for what I'm wearing. Other kids have said I dress odd. I'm still not sure why jeans, boots, and solid color shirts are considered odd, but whatever, I really don't care what some random kid thinks. Its my life not theirs.
Are your pants polka-dotted? If they are, that might be considered odd.

Kidding, of course.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Art91

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: Art91

Are your pants polka-dotted? If they are, that might be considered odd.

Kidding, of course.
Lol, na no polka dots, just blue jeans.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 PM
ziiaad

oh yeah the best place to hide is at a dealership with the same brand car that you have
Old 01-04-2009, 03:04 AM
NjBasher

i hate that so much i get mistaken for a girl all the time my hair is long so what im not the only 1 and i wear tight jeans and band shirts i swear to god if 1 more person mistakes me for a girl im gonna bug on them [:@] rant over
Old 01-04-2009, 11:28 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: TamiyaKrawler

i hate that so much i get mistaken for a girl all the time my hair is long so what im not the only 1 and i wear tight jeans and band shirts i swear to god if 1 more person mistakes me for a girl im gonna bug on them [:@] rant over

Too funny, you wear your hair longer than most girls and get mad when someone mistakes you for one, I gotta tell ya, that made me laugh... If it bothers you that much grow a beard

When I got married my hair was longer than my brides and I guarantee no one mistook me for the girl that day. Other days sure - and so what, how did it hurt me???? Not at all, I thought it was funny.
Oh, and I got married in 1978 so don't think any of this is new!

When my son was 19 his hair was down to his belt, when he was 21 it was in dredlocks, at 23 it was a 10" tall mohawk and at every step someone would give him a hard time. Did he care? No, he was wearing it how he wanted.

Bottom line, you choose how you want to look and if it doesn't conform to cultural norms you take the crap for your choice of being/looking different. Which leaves you with 2 other choices - get over it or conform. Doing anything else will just create more grief than it's worth.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: TamiyaKrawler

I like Mugen's suggestion: grow a beard...a goatie, a mustasche, a foo-man-choo or whatever! And that would be stylish too.

Another thing you can do is pick up weight lifting. With burley muscles, no matter how long you hair is, you cannot ever be mistaken for a girl.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:04 PM
NjBasher

its like not down to my knees its barely touching my shoulder and every girl i know has longer hair than me.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:01 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I hear you. I wear fairly loose baggy dickies. I dont sag though. Always have a white or black shirt on that has all kinds of logos. A FMF hat I wear every day, and yes it has a flat bill. Got a goatee going. And I rearely get respect from adults. But i was sitting in the parking lot the other day in my moms truck (drive her to the store) and I was listening to oldies. It was the beach boys californial girls. An older man probably in his mid 60's walked up, shook my hand and said boys like you make my day. I smiled and said thankyou. He walked away and the rest of the day I was in a great mood. Anyone else have an experience like that? I get those kind of people everyonce in a while. But not often. Theres an older man in his late 60's probably that is always by the local rite aid when me and my friends ride over there to get a icecream cone that i talk to for a good ten minuets. He is a really nice guy. But yeah i see your piont and get the same stuff happening to me.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:07 PM
The Hedgehog

Just be polite and pleasant and no one will have any reason to act out against you.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:16 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: ziiaad

i ust dress in a regular t shirt and blue jeans boots and a camo hat listen to country music and someone called me a "thugged out hunter"?!?!?
LOL I really don't care what other people think of how I lokk, and I don't care how they look as long as they have their "right and wrongs" right. LOL
Old 01-07-2009, 08:32 PM
madmax22

I wear "stand out" shirts, red "slim (NOT TIGHT)" jeans (i sag a little bit), wear a flat bill hat, skate shoes and have long hair, but most of the time I have no problems. But if there is a fight in the hall way and i was out of a class room when it happened, im usualy the first one to get called down (i havent been in many fights in school but i guess people think im a "punk"). i dont have problems with people judging me, its what i like so who cares? My relitives (grandma, aunt's, uncles, ect ect...) tell me to pull my pants up once in a wile but they dont have a problem with how i look, older people, threat them like you treat your parents, shake hands, say sir, or mam' and i have n problems. All the people at the LHS have no problems with me, but maybe its just cuz where i live, no one cares what they look like (middle of no where, PA).... Good luck dude, If some one starts yelling at you that you dont know, ignore them, i have had it happen but i just shrug it off and keep living.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:30 PM
hands without shadows

If I go to some random store after work when I'm still dressed business/casual (dress pants, shirt, and shoes) I notice young people are more polite. "Good afternoon Sir, how are you today," that kind of stuff. If I go to the same store during the weekend when I'm wearing workboots, worked in jeans, and a white or farm equipment T shirt the same kids say stuff like "hey man watchu saying," and thats if they say anything at all. There's a definite difference there. Older people are more consistent and seem to treat me the same either way, I guess they don't have problems with young men with white collar jobs or farm boys.

I did have a teacher in my senior year of high school call me out in front of the class and tell me I should just stop going to school and drive a tractor for the rest of my life after flunking his history test. His test was during the wheat harvest so I didn't exactly have time to study. Most teachers in that school were very condescending towards people not planning on going to University. Thats the only time I can think of that "an old person yelled at me."
Old 01-10-2009, 01:21 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I just read this whole thread, glad to see DaveG and AutoX called it like it is. You complain about 'old people' but judge your peers the same way? I am not sure what your definition of 'old' is, but a lot of us 'old' people have been there and done that.
I can remember my mother telling me not to stand next to her at the mall because of what people would think. She was kidding, but it made me aware that she was conscious of my appearance. That was long hair, punk clothes, the '80's. And TamiyaKrawler, wait till your over 21 in a bar and a drunk dude hits on you, thats when you seriously consider a hair cut! At least I think he thought I was a girl, jeez never considered he knew I was a dude until now. on the other hand, the chicks loved running their hands in my hair. I had a few friends that worked retail, the security guards would follow me whenever I was in the store visiting. Its the way it goes. oh well, off the soap box. enjoy being young.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

I get blamed for being thuggish or a skater kid... I love how everyone makes assumptions on everyone else at first site but everyone does it including me. I never get mistaken as a girl though its probably the style cloths I wear. I like baggy pants, bigger t shirts and a snow boarding jacket when its cold. To hands I would have told that teacher off. In no way is that right and he could have been fired for saying something like that at least at my school.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:14 AM
splcrazy

when i wear my black beanie with white tattoo style writing on it and my black t shirts and jackets i look like a big tough criminal lol some people crap them selfs and keep staring , the other day i walked into an office supply store and the workers there would not stop looking at me like im going to steal crap lol
Old 01-11-2009, 01:45 AM
geronimo321

I think we have all went thru stages, and at one time are another, every one of us has had a comment directed at us about how we wear our hair or clothes, you guys are,nt going thru anything that 1 billion others has'tn. its a rite of passage. from long hair and nutt huggers of the 70s and 80s to the baggy clothes (grundge). of the ninetys, theres always going to be ppl that don't agree with how you look, now or what ever road you choose in the future,the bottom line is, dress to be yourself, cause at the end of the day, the man looking back at you in the mirror, is the only one that matters. in the years to come your true self will shine thru, good or bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.