Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Accident...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accident...

was on my way to school in my chevy blazer going 65 mph when my back end starts sliding out and fishtailing all over the place

I almost got it back but then I went off the road and tipped on my side

the front tire blew out, fender flares are torn off or cracked, side of the car has dents all over it, mirror got ripped off, the passenger window got blown out, and the windshield is cracked on the side

I believe there is some interior damage as well and I don't know if my sub and amp are broken

I came out of it with a bump and scratch on my head (yay seat belts)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71410.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1110426   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47042.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1110427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20443.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1110428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48559.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1110429  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:20 PM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: Accident...

Need a video or it didn't happen. For all I know you took a sledgehammer to it. Seriously, what are you going to to about it? Good thing you were wearing your seatbelt.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude that sucks. Glad you are ok. Did you hit a patch of ice to cause your arse and to break loose?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:24 PM
HJJFFFAA

Yes what made your rear end slide out? It must be nice to have that lift by the way.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

its at a repair shop and they are assessing the damage and seeing if its worth it to repair it or just buy a new car... if it can be repaired its gonna cost 1000 bucks but then insurance will pay for the rest of it
Old 01-13-2009, 10:53 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It must have a Ford motor...

Otherwise a Chevy is incapable of damage.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

it still runs its just un drivable
Old 01-14-2009, 02:04 AM
RCcars4me

Please tell my this is your RC car![>:]
Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 AM
A.B.U

Ouch man!

I had an accident yesterday as well. (well, on Monday) Was my fault though. got distracted while driving, heard "dude, red light!", so I turned around, slammed the brakes, but I still T Boned an SUV..

Cars kinda totaled, needs major work. Had to get out the passenger door, too. I fractured 2 bones in my right ankle, and sprained it as well. I was the only one that got hurt, too. so that's ok. Was in the hospital for a looooong while yesterday.. But yeah. For some reason the air bags didn't go off in my car. I was doin a good 60ish mph when I slammed the brakes. Hit my head on the steering wheel. [&:] necks killin me today.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:11 AM
lee172

ORIGINAL: A.B.U

Ouch man!

I had an accident yesterday as well. (well, on Monday) Was my fault though. got distracted while driving, heard "dude, red light!", so I turned around, slammed the brakes, but I still T Boned an SUV..

Cars kinda totaled, needs major work. Had to get out the passenger door, too. I fractured 2 bones in my right ankle, and sprained it as well. I was the only one that got hurt, too. so that's ok. Was in the hospital for a looooong while yesterday.. But yeah. For some reason the air bags didn't go off in my car. I was doin a good 60ish mph when I slammed the brakes. Hit my head on the steering wheel. [&:] necks killin me today.
why did you turn around when you heard 'dude, red light?' i thought you meant you looked at the person calling 'red light', it makes sense now!

i hate distractions when driving, its so easy to make a mistake these days [:'(]
Old 01-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lee172

ORIGINAL: A.B.U

Ouch man!

why did you turn around when you heard 'dude, red light?'

i hate distractions when driving, its so easy to make a mistake these days [:'(]
I'm guessing he was already looking in the wrong direction, when the passenger tried to warn him about the red light. Right ABU? If so, I hope she was extremely hot!

Bad luck Wisconsin, was the tire blowout the cause of the crash? Everyone needs to see that video about tire expiration dates, it's a really big deal, and it's happening more and more these days. Not saying that's necessarily the cause, but two people were killed in an S2000 just a few days ago due to poor tire maintenance, and they weren't even drunk, high or speeding.

Tires are your lifeline people, check them every fill-up.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:40 AM
splcrazy

Umm back to the question that still hasn't been answerd , why did the rear end slide out ?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:15 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

It must have a Ford motor...

Otherwise a Chevy is incapable of damage.
Nope, that's a Chevy if I ever seen one.

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

Umm back to the question that still hasn't been answerd , why did the rear end slide out ?
+1 They usually don't do it at 65 mph under good driving conditions.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 AM
splcrazy

unless the rear tyres were past the used by date , tyres past thier used by date can be deadly , exploding and falling appart driving at low speeds even .
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM
SpikeX

That's American cars for you...
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

Foxy - no the tire was not the cause of the accident and happened because the entire car was on that one wheel for a few secs

and I dont know why the rear end slid out cuz the roads looked dry and salted to me but must have been ice
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

ORIGINAL: SpikeX

That's American cars for you...
yeah there great arent they? keeping you all safe and stuff
Old 01-14-2009, 09:53 AM
The Hedgehog

I don't think the car is at fault... Not to be rude, but you can't just chalk it up to "American Cars"

I bet a Large RWD car whether it be domestic or import, may have slid out on highway speeds over ice.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

If you decide to fix it check the rear "panhard" rod. If you've ever been 4 wheelin' it could have been damaged and broke.

I was once following a Chevy Citation down a highway and the car just suddenly began swinging the rear all over and he finally lost it and rolled 3 times! Car was upside down when I got there to check on the guy, and I noticed the broken locater link (panhard rod) right away. It just rusted through!
The guy was shook up, but OK.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: lee172

No no no, I was putting something behind my seat, and my arm got all snagged up so I turned about to get it loose, and moved the bag of stuff over, next thing I know "red light" and I turned facing the road, slammed on the brakes, and bam.. crash.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM
HJJFFFAA

So you crashed the WS6?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
BXMaxx

It seems like crashes are becoming a common thing huh...

This past saturday my father and sister were involved in an accident, a city bus took a red light and a altima slammed into the front of my sisters month and a half old altima everyone was ok. It's just frustrating the damage was the left fender and the passenger side door, i guess a 2009 can't stay new forever.

oh and both the bus driver and the driver who caused the accident took off so insurance wont pay to fix it.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

So you crashed the WS6?

Sigh.. yep. [&o] I guess that's what I get for not paying attention at the time. First time I run a Red Light look what happens. [:@]

It's in the shop atm. Hopefully all goes well with it.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: BXMaxx

oh and both the bus driver and the driver who caused the accident took off so insurance wont pay to fix it.

Wow New York is a lot different than Georgia. Down here they call that hit-and-run and put people in jail for it. If there was a police report filed - and with that much damage here should have been - then the Insurance company should be covering it. Again, they ould down here.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:54 PM
BXMaxx

I thought that how it suppose to work also but i guess my dad just had the wrong cops come to help because they threatened to lock him up for no apparent reason. The cops didn't take a report Im not sure as to why they just told him to leave and go home. I could understand the frustration of my father because this is the third time that this happened before was with a 2004 kia sorento he bought fully loaded, was hit in the back because a guy wasn't paying attention and moved at a red light and a lady cut off my sister and got hit in the side. Out of both the insurance only paid for one and blamed the accident with my sister on her because the cop mixed up the report. It just sucks to still owe money on a car and having it banged up because people just don't respect your property.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.