Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Teen Drivers Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Krazy Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Teen Drivers Please Read

i thought i was a good driver, and tried a burnout for a first time in my truck hit second gear while holding the break and this happened, no more screwing around for me. and i hardly speed. i lerned my lesson the hard way. and i have a stock chevy silverado 1500 with the small v8
Old 02-02-2009, 10:22 PM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

I can't wait until I can drive a car on public roads.
I cant wait till I can drive legally on puplic roads...
Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

i thought i was a good driver, and tried a burnout for a first time in my truck hit second gear while holding the break and this happened, no more screwing around for me. and i hardly speed. i lerned my lesson the hard way. and i have a stock chevy silverado 1500 with the small v8
What is that? Tranny or diffs?

ORIGINAL: TamiyaKrawler

i just took my permit test today i find out on Thursday if i passed
In FL you find out if you passed or not right after you take the test.[8D]
Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 AM
nitrohog

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

Ouch, did the clutch come apart or what happened? I think the problem with poor drivers is split between too many distractions like cell phones, fast food, ipods, etc. and a VERY poor education system. If we where structured more like Germany accidents would most likely rapidly decrease. Another point is that slower isn't necessarily safer, the skill of the driver determines that more than anything else.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:32 AM
boltech

Some of the biggest accidents happen on clear sunny days! I've seen waaay more than my fair share.. Don't get cocky. The speed limit is there for a reason. My girlfriend got cocky and ended up rolling her Matrix 3 times with our 2 year old in the back seat. Single vehicle accident.

ORIGINAL: nitrozach54

I have my permit, and my Dad sleeps while I drive, I go as fast as I want, but only speed on roads that I am familiar with, and when the weather is nice.
But come on, who has the time to do the speed limit?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:00 AM
The Hedgehog

Wow rolling a tiny car like the Matrix, how the heck do you do that?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
boltech

Why do you think I tore a strip out of her at the hospital. [:@]
Old 02-03-2009, 06:57 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: boltech

Why do you think I tore a strip out of her at the hospital. [:@]
I'd hope it was because she put the child at risk, not because of the car. The car is replacable, not the baby...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan
The COG is higher than on full size cars. Its not as wide as fullsize cars but just as tall.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
boltech

I could care less about the Matrix.. remeber I said it was HER car.. her totaling it had no impact on me, but yeah I was totally pissed off because it was her second accident with our daughter in the back seat. A month prior she put a volvo SUV on her hood.

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I'd hope it was because she put the child at risk, not because of the car. The car is replacable, not the baby...
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

I'm an 18 year old college student and I do tend to think I'm better then most drivers not nessicarely when it comes to experiance, but in the sense of how I drive in comparison to most. I always go 5 or less over the speed limit and stay way behind the car behind me. No accidents. No donuts or burnouts here. I enjoy trying to save gas which means accelerating slow and other things like that. My car's rated for 18 MPG, first tank when I got the car I got 19, my previous tank was 21 and I filled it today and got 22.

Other then speeding, the biggest tip I see is stay way back from cars to prevent rear end accidents. I can almost guarantee I would have crashed by now if I didn't do this all the time, and stayed the average drivers distance away. I've had too many close calls. All you have to do is look away from the wheel for one second and in the right case, like if the person in front of you switches lanes and there's an almost parked car in front of you, you're screwed.

I've seen a motorcycle accident where "everything" was in 1000 pieces along the road. Lots of us have seen similar (or like a fatal car accident) and it's not something fun to think about. And a lot of the time, accidents could have been prevented.

I've also had a close friend pass away when he was only 18 (he was 3 or 4 years older then me) and he wasn't even driving stupid. No information was released from the parents, but it's likely that he fell asleep at the wheel. The car went through the median on the highway. I think this might be partly why I'm such a cautious driver.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 16, and I used to have quite the lead foot with my girlfriends 350Z, but since we have been using that as our daily driver because she goes to school with me, she makes sure I don't speed.... And now it's either be in the dog house or don't speed, I would rather just not speed and avoid being in the doghouse!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:10 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan
The COG is higher than on full size cars. Its not as wide as fullsize cars but just as tall.
Strange.

ThunderbirdJunkie has had a plethora of lifted 4x4s, and their COG's were all high.

Statistically speaking, the Corvette and Mustang are the two most likely vehicles to roll. They are, per capita, the most oft rolled cars on earth.

It's because of idiotic driving, not physics. if you will roll a Jeep CJ5 by driving like a moron, you will roll a Ferrari Enzo. Simple as that.