Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Website questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
JB COMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Website questions

I'm suppose to help a friends with his website, and he's wanting a site where people can log in and post pictures and stuff.

I'm not sure of how to do the accounts and the log in and stuff. Would that be something that the host/server would do or is it something my web design software would do? (I'm using DreamWeaver 8)

I've been looking under a few hosting sites and I haven't found any helpfully info.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
crowdie

Default RE: Website questions

Well, you cold run a forum like this and have a portal page. SMF are good for a free forum. There are many addons you can get for it too. There are also other html or php scripts that you could get for the site that will do a similar thing, look on a website template site (the clan templates are ussualy the best) as they will have the log on feature, you could perhaps copy it over or look at the scripting.
I think an example of a loging in feature is JOOMLA! It is basicly a online website developing "thing"
Old 02-23-2009, 05:50 PM
MadManAndrew

webs.com sounds like the perfect host for what you want to do, but you have to use thier site builder...
Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
HJJFFFAA

And according to Andrew you have to pay for more bandwidth allocation and if you don't it's super slow. Just like Andrew's...
Old 02-23-2009, 06:15 PM
MadManAndrew

It's only slow if you have forums, like mine does. But if you drop the forums, like I did there for awhile, it speeds up quite a bit...If you look at my site,[link=http://ampconcepts.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps%2Fphotos%2F]here[/link], you'll notice you have to register to upload pictures or videos.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:12 PM
JB COMP

Also he's wanting it where people can post comments on the site.