Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Let's see your Jeep or 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 PM
MMT GUNS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's see your Jeep or 4x4

This is my new 2009 jeep Wrangler and my 1997 jeep Cherokee sport I know there is several guy's here with Jeeps let's see what you got and so those mods you have made on your ride.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88809.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1176785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48004.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	1176786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42946.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	1176787  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:56 PM
773W
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Let's see your Jeep or 4x4

Here's the closest I can do.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83164.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1176810  
Old 04-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Krazy Chicken

not mine, but i can drive it when i want, its my dad's
Old 04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine. It's a bone stock 97 TJ with 107K on it. I had a 98 TJ that was lifted, locked and had 33" Boggers and all that........those days are over. LOL.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:15 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and my dad have a 1988 Suzuki Samurai that has a 2.5 inch body lift and a 3 inch suspention lift sitting on 33 inch Goodyears. Locked front and rear with a custom transfercase from petroworks that in low range 2x4 and 4x4 is around 95:1 gearing. We put a 1600cc fuel injected engine from a sidekick in it to ditch the smaller worn out carburated engine. This was when we went to ocotillo wells with our friend with his jeep. We went up this in 2wd low range and he couldnt get up it in 4wd low range because hes lot locked. Lockers make a huge differents.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
MMT GUNS

Holy smoke's those are really nice rigs you guy's got there. boy oh boy if my friend see that Suzuki Samurai he'll drop dead nice one man.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

What kined of gas cap you got there? I'm kined of nervous having my gas cap unprotected and so is for my hood. do you know of any resource that have some hood locks spacial made for the JK?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: black mamba

Here's mine. It's a bone stock 97 TJ with 107K on it. I had a 98 TJ that was lifted, locked and had 33" Boggers and all that........those days are over. LOL.

That's a good looking Jeep I like how those rims look on the jeep, nice.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Jailbird1818
My Feedback: (5)

Here's mine.

'95 ZJ, RE long arm lift, Dana 44s, 4.6l stroker, AX5 swap, 33-12.5 Kumho MTs and the ist goes on.

-JB

Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: MMT GUNS

Thanks. The wheels are stock and are 15x8s with 31x10.50s.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:30 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: Jailbird1818

Here's mine.

'95 ZJ, RE long arm lift, Dana 44s, 4.6l stroker, AX5 swap, 33-12.5 Kumho MTs and the ist goes on.

-JB

Nice man! It takes some work (and money) to get 33s under a ZJ................ You still running the stock t-case?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:34 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

What kined of gas cap you got there? I'm kined of nervous having my gas cap unprotected and so is for my hood. do you know of any resource that have some hood locks spacial made for the JK?
You can find those at your Jeep dealer, Quadratec, 4WD Hardware, etc.....
Old 04-11-2009, 07:42 PM
MMT GUNS

Wow!! either way it is very nice jeep and well taken care off. Thanks for the hint for the hood lockers and gas cap. do you ever dirty that Jeep?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 PM
MMT GUNS

I like those M/T wheels I'm planing to get some of those wheel for my rig from SUMMIT RACING what kined of tire you guy's recommend for my stock JK or XJ?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:04 AM
black mamba

Wow!! either way it is very nice jeep and well taken care off. Thanks for the hint for the hood lockers and gas cap. do you ever dirty that Jeep?
LOL. Yeah I learned some lessons from my 98...that one was used and abused. This one is pampered, sleeps in a garage, and hardly ever goes off-road.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:05 AM
black mamba

I like those M/T wheels I'm planing to get some of those wheel for my rig from SUMMIT RACING what kined of tire you guy's recommend for my stock JK or XJ?
BFG ATs.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 PM
MMT GUNS

BFG ATs.
Do you think that 31" BFG's will fit on my stock XJ? some one said to me in a different web site that I need a 3" inch lift on my XJ to make it fit, but then this other guy said he manage to fit 31" on his stock XJ.... thanks
Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
black mamba

BFG ATs.
Do you think that 31" BFG's will fit on my stock XJ? some one said to me in a different web site that I need a 3" inch lift on my XJ to make it fit, but then this other guy said he manage to fit 31" on his stock XJ.... thanks
I believe P235/75/15 is the largest you can run without any issues. 31x10.50s are not doable unless you lift it or seriously hack your flares and fenders up. 30x9.50s will work with some flare and fender trimming. I'd personally just go with the P235s.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 PM
MMT GUNS

BFG ATs.
I believe 30x9.50 is the biggest a XJ will fit without a lift, but don't quote me on that. Check out www.jp.com I think they have a "what fits, what hits" article there that lays out what tires work with what Jeep.

Wow!! thank you so much black mamba, I was looking at Summit Racing an I saw these Interco tire brand with nice grip on it, do you think they are all right? I mean BFG's are cool but some what expensive as for 30" or 31" I want to keep my JK stock but on my XJ I want got go a little off board.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:15 PM
black mamba

Intercos are nice tires. If I had to run Interco tires again, I'd run the Trxus MTs. They are comparable to a BFG MT, but at a cheaper price. Some say they are even better than the BFG MTs off road. I never ran them, only the Boggers and SSRs, so I can't comment on the Trxus' real world abilities.

The one bad thing about all Interco tires is balancing them. They can be sensitive to balancing, especially as the tires wear and lose rubber. It's not uncommon to have to rebalance a set of Swampers multiple times over the life of the tires....especially if you put alot of street miles on them. Some tires cannot be properly balanced because they are just not 100% round, like the bias Swampers. Some radials are also guilty of this too. And all Swampers have to be rotated every 3K max for best possible lug wear. If you don't plan on off-roading alot, and can get away with a less aggressive tire, BFG's ATs or MTs are a better choice. They will last longer and give you much better street manners, especially the ATs. Picking "dual purpose" tires sucks.......if you can afford it, buy two sets....one for off-roading and one for the street. Be realistic about what you need. Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
J.D.T

you can get a super swamper TSL in a 28 x 8.50 and 29 x 8.50 for under $100 each. The super tough TSL/SX is available in the 29 x 8.5 size also at around $130 each, neither of them is a radial however so keep that in mind
FYI a 235/75/15 is 28.9 inches tall.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:40 PM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

you can get a super swamper TSL in a 28 x 8.50 and 29 x 8.50 for under $100 each. The super tough TSL/SX is available in the 29 x 8.5 size also at around $130 each, neither of them is a radial however so keep that in mind
FYI a 235/75/15 is 28.9 inches tall.

That's so cool having those type of tires in that size, actually I bought 4 cast aluminum rims from little Mexican garage near home with tires and all for $300 bucks. Now I'm thinking of taking those old tires of and switch-em for the ones I currently have on my steel rims. for now I'll discard my M/T rims and get some nice tires so I can install them on my steel rims, as for the cast aluminum ones I'll keep it for street use. do you have a link where I can find those tires your talking about?

thanks.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
MMT GUNS

Intercos are nice tires. They are biased more for off-road use, so their on-road manners will reflect that. I had Boggers and later on replaced them with SSRs. They both wore down pretty fast compared to say a BFG AT/MT. The Boggers made the Jeep sound like a B17 and the SSRs were quite a bit quieter, but you still knew they were there. Both were awesome off-road. Obviously the Boggers sucked on the street and were borderline dangerous when the road was wet. The SSRs were good when the streets were dry, but got a little sketchy when wet or icy. Snow traction was great with both of them. Enough of that though, if I had to run Interco tires again, I'd run the Trxus MTs. They are comparable to a BFG MT at a cheaper price, and some say they are even better than the BFG MTs. I never ran them, so I can't comment on their real world abilities, but I have never read anything bad about them. The one bad thing about Interco tires is balancing them....they can be sensitive to balancing, especially as the tires wear and lose rubber. And they have to be rotated every 3K for best possible lug wear if you put alot of street miles on them. If you don't plan on off-roading alot, BFGs, either the ATs or MTs are a better choice as they will last alot longer and give you much better street manners. Picking "dual purpose" tires sucks.......if you can afford it, buy two sets....one for off-roading and one for everything else.

Thanks for all that info black mamba, Interco definitely will be on top of my list Nice tires for a good price. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 04-15-2009, 06:39 AM
J.D.T

I have got several sets of interco tires off theses guys, great prices and they only charge the actual shipping cost, none of that $25 per tire no matter how many you buy crap some online dealers try to pull.

http://www.tyres1.com/browse/browseT.html

A guy in our semi local club has some of the 28 x 10.5 on a flatfender jeep and it wheels like a big dog.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:11 PM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

I have got several sets of interco tires off theses guys, great prices and they only charge the actual shipping cost, none of that $25 per tire no matter how many you buy crap some online dealers try to pull.

http://www.tyres1.com/browse/browseT.html

A guy in our semi local club has some of the 28 x 10.5 on a flatfender jeep and it wheels like a big dog.
"Nice" thanks man. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.