Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Sucks to be California

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sucks to be California

California is going to get the same "fix" that worked so well for GMand Chrysler. How does a state with all the entertainment, tourism, industry, and beauty go to crap? I can give you the answer but politics aren't aloud. You know, Cuba was a beautiful prospering country at one time. I wonder how TX is doing, oh thats right they have an increase in jobs in the past year. Glad to be their neighbor, OK is doing well also. Maybe some people will wake up if CA is allowed to go bankrupt and reset.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:34 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sucks to be California

what...States can go bankrupt?....I am tired of all the banks etc getting bailed out...how about somebody bails me out of the bad debt i have taken on?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 AM
HJJFFFAA

Of course it sucks to be California, I mean they're the only ones who get cancer from lawn care appliances.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:05 PM
warheadforever

Yea, Ca sucks, but really, this thread is going to go into politics, I can see it coming....
Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
s7jstep1

i agree, sometimes i really hate living here, i might just move up to oregon when i get a place of my own
Old 05-19-2009, 01:23 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

Of course it sucks to be California, I mean they're the only ones who get cancer from lawn care appliances.
Everything is is a carcinogen in Cali. Even bottled water is known to cause cancer in Cali!

Well, Cali for the past at least 20 years, has been driving its population away with more and more stringent regulations, cost of living, etc. And it's true, they are all going Texas and flooding their cities, driving up the cost of living because Californians are willing to pay twice to three times the normal amount of rent, mortgaes, etc. But if the job prospect is better in Texas, that is incentive for me to go back to Texas once I'm out of school!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn3FaIz7Xsc[/youtube]
Old 05-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

Yea, Ca sucks, but really, this thread is going to go into politics, I can see it coming....
Bingo! Still how does anyone in California have to do with it. Think movie star - bodybuilder.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Eman77

I'm wondering if I should start operating my hobby allowance budget at a deficit under the guise of trying to stimulate the economy.

Will my wife buy in?  LOL
Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM
superflea

ORIGINAL: Eman77

I'm wondering if I should start operating my hobby allowance budget at a deficit under the guise of trying to stimulate the economy.

Will my wife buy in? LOL

Only if shes a...wait no, that will definately be political.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:16 PM
brett65

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Bingo! Still how does anyone in California have to do with it. Think movie star - bodybuilder.
Did that bodybuilder inherit that position or was he placed there by someone? Oh yes the people are responsible.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: brett65

Did that bodybuilder inherit that position or was he placed there by someone? Oh yes the people are responsible.
Iwasnt old enough when he got that position. So its not my fault
Old 05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
superflea

If you weren't old enough when he got the position  are you old enough to understand how he got the position? Why he got the position?
Did he create the mess or is he just trying to deal with it. Do you remember Gov. Grayout Davis?
By all means take a political stand. Support your guy based on the donkey or elephant, but try to understand the big picture while you're at it.

California is in the mess its in because of the people of California. some of the things I am talking about are hinted at above, others are things like no drilling for oil in the state and stupid strict EPA regs. Yeah lets all hug. oh but wait a sec. California has the highest gas prices in the country Why hmm could it be no oil and stupid strict EPA? California is considering legislation that would ban the color black for cars. Why? because it is supposed to cost less in fuel to cool a white car. The governator didn't do this it is state reps, Your reps, you. Don't be so quick to blame the figure head for doing what the people want him to do, and for sure don't blame the figure head for the mess that the people weren't brite enough to see coming from their wish list.

*note to mods; note meant to be a political post just topoint out to the younger group that "we" are responsible for what "our" leaders do for better or worse.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I am absoultely sad that T4 will not have Arnie in it. Dont get me wrong, Cristian Bale as Connor I think is okay, and the story line in line with the Terminator franchise is staying within those lines, but for Pet's sake, no Arnie in the new movie? I honestly blame the voters for that; I would have loved to see Arnie as the classic Terminator.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 PM
brett65

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I am absoultely sad that T4 will not have Arnie in it. Dont get me wrong, Cristian Bale as Connor I think is okay, and the story line in line with the Terminator franchise is staying within those lines, but for Pet's sake, no Arnie in the new movie? I honestly blame the voters for that; I would have loved to see Arnie as the classic Terminator.
I heard somewhere that he had a cameo at the end or something, prolly just a shot at what the robots will look like when they start using skin. That would be ubercool!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:04 PM
superflea

wait. theres a T4 coming out??
nice

Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM
carlbellybutton10

California is going to get the same "fix" that worked so well for GMand Chrysler. How does a state with all the entertainment, tourism, industry, and beauty go to crap? I can give you the answer but politics aren't aloud. You know, Cuba was a beautiful prospering country at one time. I wonder how TX is doing, oh thats right they have an increase in jobs in the past year. Glad to be their neighbor, OK is doing well also. Maybe some people will wake up if CA is allowed to go bankrupt and reset.
trust me, no we dont

Old 05-19-2009, 10:01 PM
brett65

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

trust me, no we dont

My bad, that was in the year of 2008 I think, but only a 6.7% unemployment rate, which is almost half of Cali's 11.2%. TX, and OK are practically not even seeing the recession compared to CA. Forbes recently named OklahomaCity the most recession proof city in the US too.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:38 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

How does a state with all the entertainment, tourism, industry, and beauty go to crap?
non tax paying illegal immigrants that come here and use up all the health care funding and never pay it back, and cause the need for more law enforcement, and eat up all our education funding with there free lunches. mix that with the lack of blue collar jobs that the government was instrumental in ruining with there lame ass environmental red tape hippy mumbo jumbo that was put in place by a hand in the cookie jar and there you have it
Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
SmokinBandit42o

Lol anyone here that there talking about splitting cal into 4 different states. This ought to work
Old 05-23-2009, 06:26 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cali is a cool state to vacation to, but there's no way I'd ever live there, even if I could afford to.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:53 PM
suburban_hooligan

ORIGINAL: black mamba

Cali is a cool state to vacation to, but there's no way I'd ever live there, even if I could afford to.
man, living here is like a vacation. all the beach's, mountains, great weather. to much other stuffto list. you will never run out of stuff to do. it never gets old.
on the other hand we do have a lot of self centered superficial a-holes out here. no one speaks english, and we have no jobs....
im moving to Arizona
Old 05-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

So here is the deal. Can you deal with illegal immigrants? SUPER bad drivers. High prices on everything and I think they raised the taxes recently to (maybe not). Traffic every where on top of the bad drivers. Other than that Cali is a very nice place. I guarantee that I will not be moving out of California anytime soon. Where else can you walk two minutes from your front door and see this (of course you would have to be in the mountains)? Also what other state are you a two hour drive from the beach no matter where you go?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71285.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1205769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27911.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1205770  
Old 05-27-2009, 04:40 PM
superflea

So here is the deal. Can you deal with illegal immigrants? SUPER bad drivers. High prices on everything and I think they raised the taxes recently to (maybe not). Traffic every where on top of the bad drivers. Other than that Cali is a very nice place. I guarantee that I will not be moving out of California anytime soon. Where else can you walk two minutes from your front door and see this (of course you would have to be in the mountains)? Also what other state are you a two hour drive from the beach no matter where you go?
I can have those views in WA state and spend about 1/3 the cost on housing.
Olympic pennisula.
Mt Rainer.
Mt St Helens

Beach never more ethan 2 hours away...Why would you go more than two hours away to begin with? oh thats right cause the mountains are far far away

Old 05-27-2009, 06:15 PM
suburban_hooligan

2 hours aint nothin, that's a cruise down PCH on an afternoon, head downtowards San Diego, turn around and head back to the LA area. do it all the time. im 10 minutes from the beach and can be up in the mountains in an hour. wasup in thearrowbear area 2 weekends ago. took less than an hour to get there.
beginningof the month i drove 100+ miles (round trip) to go to a car show. no big deal. you may not be into driving "long distances", but we do it all the time. we aint held back by how far something is from where we are, we want to do it, we go do it. iv got friends that drive to vegas for a day cause they're bored and have the day off.
however, i will just keep my mouth shut about the housing market. in my hoodhalf a million only gets you a run of the mill 3 bedroom 1 bathroom crap shack with a 2 car garage
Old 05-28-2009, 04:56 PM
SAVAGEBANE

"man, living here is like a vacation.  all the beach's, mountains,great weather.  to much other stuff to list.   you will never run outof stuff to do.  it never gets old.
on the other hand we dohave a lot of self centered superficial a-holes out here.  no onespeaks english, and we have no jobs.... "

very well said
other places in the US are great to VISIT. I think i will always come back to southern california. I have lived in Alabama, time in Delaware(breifly) South Dakota and spent some time in the Pacific NW Washington. now if thats not diversified then nothing is. the general consensus everywhere i go is that everyone else hates California. All anyone seems to mention is rudeness, violence, gayness high prices and everyone thinks that Cali is gonna be submerged by a wave or crumble into the ocean from an earthquake. hahaha.  I feel sorry for guys with an awesome r/c collection that they can only use 4 months out of the year because its snowing. I cant remember the last time i used a jacket here in LA.
I damn near lost my mind in SD with absolutely NOTHING to do(i wasnt into rc at the time).
Every state has its pros and cons...in Cali a person with good common sense can enjoy the pros( weather, supermodels, cultural variety,beaches, mountains, tons of fun) and avoid most of the cons (inner city crap..you know trigger happy police, gangs, traffic) and still have fun.

what do you guys think i should do saturday??? go mountain biking on a world famous trail 10 minutes away. go to a beautiful beach an hour away(the closest one has brown water lol) Disneyland with the kids =1 hr away. Skiing in the so called "winter" is 2 hrs. Take the chevy to the offroadin spot 30 min. the problem is I cant even run my nitro r/c without it ending with someone calling the cops.
I love getting out of town very often to other states, but Cali is where i will always return.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.